2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, the kids run around over there just as much as other resorts. Mickey and the gang aren't in your face like at Value resorts, but it is def kid friendly. We enjoy watching the kids playing in the pool, eating ice cream, watching movies at night on the beach....your kids will really love it. Heck a quick walk around the lake and there is The Boardwalk to enjoy also!!!!

Our favorite part is after our afternoon swim, we clean up and stroll over to EPCOT for dinner or snacks/drinks while enjoying the World Showcase :lovestruc

Thanks!!! :)

An excellent move. You will love the pool. You are walking distance to Epcot snd a little further walk to Hollywood Studios. You can take a bus to Magic Kingdom or
walk thru Epcot for the monorail (as long as you have the park hopper).

Thanks! We do have the park hopper. :)

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to trying CL at Beach Club in October. Do they still have someone serving the alcohol in the lounge? How does that work? We are used to WL CL and self serve.
They do.

Unlike the YC CL, they don't have a cart. There is a person standing next to the counter where the wine and alcohol is and pouring it for you. They can't pour it in a take away cup for going to the pool, but they hand it to you ( a beer in my case) and told me where I could get a insulated coffee like cup.

I had no problem with that. I think it keeps kids from trying anything.

If I need something to be kept frozen, do you think bell services can keep it in a freezer for us during our stay? I don't think it will fit in the freezer part of the fridge in the room

I just returned from my first stay at the Yacht Club and I think we may have found our Disney home.

We love the BC but have to admit that we REALLY REALLY liked the YC too. Of all the resorts, we've tried thus far, the BC/YC so far is the one that feels most like home to us :).

Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

If I need something to be kept frozen, do you think bell services can keep it in a freezer for us during our stay? I don't think it will fit in the freezer part of the fridge in the room

I vaguely recall that Bell Services has one refrigerator with freezer, similar to what you might have in your kitchen. If people have groceries delivered, and the groceries arrive before the guests, the perishable groceries have to be stored there. Same thing if people arrive with groceries and their room isn't ready yet. So I would be surprised if Bell Services would have room to keep something for you during your stay (assuming the item isn't medically necessary).

Obviously someone will correct me if I'm wrong about the fridge situation in Bell Services.

I vaguely recall that Bell Services has one refrigerator with freezer, similar to what you might have in your kitchen. If people have groceries delivered, and the groceries arrive before the guests, the perishable groceries have to be stored there. Same thing if people arrive with groceries and their room isn't ready yet. So I would be surprised if Bell Services would have room to keep something for you during your stay (assuming the item isn't medically necessary).

Obviously someone will correct me if I'm wrong about the fridge situation in Bell Services.

This is the reply that I received from the IPO staff. I'm hoping what they say is true because we have perishable food that we're bringing to California for my bf's family after our Disney trip that needs to be in a freezer.

Good Afternoon!

Bell services will be happy to assist you. The guest rooms have also recently been renovated and include a slightly larger style fridge. Either way, we will be able to accommodate your request. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist!! See ya real soon!

Chip

Aria did great! She's sacked out asleep in my arms right now. We've watched Frozen and Planes. Planes was sort of silly, but I was half asleep myself, so maybe I missed something there. Typing with one hand and autocorrect is not my friend. Thank you again, everyone, for all your kind thoughts.

We stayed CL at the YC last summer right after they introduced the cart. It didn't bother me that much. I know some have posted getting attitude when asking for wine and beer. We didn't experience that ourselves. One CM knew I was dumping the contents of my glass in a to-go cup and could not have cared less.

Aria did great! She's sacked out asleep in my arms right now. We've watched Frozen and Planes. Planes was sort of silly, but I was half asleep myself, so maybe I missed something there. Typing with one hand and autocorrect is not my friend. Thank you again, everyone, for all your kind thoughts.

So glad you were able to post an update on your little girl and very happy to hear that she's doing so well!

Tarak: best news I've gotten all day!!! Get some rest now. I hope you both sleep well!!

We stayed CL at the YC last summer right after they introduced the cart. It didn't bother me that much. I know some have posted getting attitude when asking for wine and beer. We didn't experience that ourselves. One CM knew I was dumping the contents of my glass in a to-go cup and could not have cared less.

Fantastic news!!!!

This is completely off-topic, but it looks like bionic kid fractured her pacemaker lead, so we're headed to the ER to see about a likely replacement. Any good thoughts would be appreciated.

I will keep my eyes crossed that your little "Mixed Martial Arts" player keeps her wires plugged in in all the right places from now on!

~NM

We went to the zoo today. At one point DH stopped at said, "wait, it smells like Disney World right here". :love:

~Cari~ pluto:

That's funny! We say the same thing whenever we see an indoor fountain or pool because the water smells just like pirates or small world!

Surprised they are working on a Sunday but thankful they are trying to get it all done. We arrive June 07 and really hoping for a new room.

We arrive on June 6th!! See you there :)

Dee and tarak...glad to hear all is well. What a wonderful support group there is here! Less than 5 weeks away for us! We took a hike yesterday and o told the kids in 5 weeks we will be hiking in Epcot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter