2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BC/YC peeps,
Its been a while since I've checked this forum or the DIS for that matter (the site was blocked at work and with the smartphone app gone I just don't really get a chance to check in). Couple that with the fact that we had to skip our annual trip last year :( I have more or less just been passively keeping up on WDW. Well in what is typically our family's style we booked a trip yesterday for just over a month away! If you can please add us to the list that would be awesome. We will be there May 28th thru June 2nd. I'm trying to bring myself up to speed on everything and while I stayed pretty informed on the parks I have not kept up with anything on the resort side. My big question is regarding the renovation work that is going on. We booked a garden view room and my question is did they start renovation on the upper floors first and then working their ways down? Or is there some other pattern? How far along are they now? I know they are still doing work so ideally I'd like to put in some room request so that I could get one of the refurbed rooms. Any help is most appreciated!
Thanks
-Steve

Check page 1 of this thread for all the up to date renovation info. Currently working the third floor. I'd request an upper floor room since they started with the 5th and are working down.

How was your breakfast at BOG? Assuming they extend the breakfast dates to our trip, I might try to get an ADR.

Off topic - I have eight 12-year-old girls in my house for the night. Lord, but they are loud.

Tarak - pretty good - my husband had the open faced sandwich and my daughter and I each ordered the kid's eggs and french toast and then shared both. I'd do it again no doubt - but for the opportunity to get in early not so much the food.

4:30am in the UK, and I can't sleep..it could be that I am just a tad excited for my trip...we arrive at the YC on Wednesday! It could also be that I have soooo much to do before we leave that my brain just won't let me sleep. Anyway, just finishing my packing...am I right in thinking that there are no bathrobes in the YC rooms? Thanks.

Tarak - pretty good - my husband had the open faced sandwich and my daughter and I each ordered the kid's eggs and french toast and then shared both. I'd do it again no doubt - but for the opportunity to get in early not so much the food.

Thanks! We had breakfast at CRT our last trip and it was great being in the park early. The food was generic breakfast. Not horrible, but not worth repeating. And it was crazy expensive. I love the theme of BOG and the choices look varied enough for us. Our first day at MK, it will just be me, my 12-year-old, and my 3-year-old. Since we won't do any coasters, maybe Barnstormer, I thought it would be the perfect time to do all the princess stuff. Maybe try to meet Anna and Elsa if my toddler is still crazy about anything and everything princessy.

4:30am in the UK, and I can't sleep..it could be that I am just a tad excited for my trip...we arrive at the YC on Wednesday! It could also be that I have soooo much to do before we leave that my brain just won't let me sleep. Anyway, just finishing my packing...am I right in thinking that there are no bathrobes in the YC rooms? Thanks.

Only in club level rooms and suites (bathrobes).

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and have spent the last few days reading a lot of these threads and different forums. My husband, daughter and I will be staying at the Beach Club, Woods view room on 9/18-9/26. This will be our first time at Disney and we are really excited to stay at the beach club. I am hoping someone can answer this question my daughter is a really picky eater and most of the ADR's that I have booked have Mac & Cheese as a selection but it is not on the menu at Cinderella's Royal table ( dinner menu ). Are the menus listed on the Disney website complete as in that is all they offer or is it possible to get something not listed on the website menu?

Thanks for help!
Denise

We had help finding something to eat for our youngest, pickiest child in the past but it has generally been something that was offered as part of another meal on the menu eg roasted potatoes that accompanied adult chicken dish. Friends of ours also say that they were able to get their daughter plain fish (no sauce) and plain penne pasta at Mama Melroses a couple of years back even though it wasn't on the menu. Have a look through all the adult menu items too and see if there is anything suitable there that can be easily adapted to suit your needs. i have been known to stop off enroute to a restaurant to grab a crepe/bagette to keep my wee man happy and thus keep me happy at dinner. He eats these before we go in to the restaurant so we always allow an extra 10 minutes or so to get him sorted :)

Not long now!! Happy packing :)

Thanks for the update, im sorry they informed you wrong and ended up costing you money on a taxi. But great that you managed to get to your breakfast adr at bog and then get to see a and e so quickly. a and e is going to be a must see for us when we go next year lets hope we don't have to wait for hours and hours :). Thanks again for putting our minds at ease, enjoy the rest of you hols.

Wonder why BOG is not even offering breakfast wile we are there....in October....anyone know?

Reading through the last couple of days posts, and whether the busses run for early breakfasts. We have a 7am at Chef Mickey's (blame the jet lag and the fact we will already have been awake for 3 hours!) on an EMHM MK day. Does anyone know what time the busses start then? If they start around 7:15 on a day the MK opens at 9, would they maybe start 6:15 that day, so we can get a bus and walk to the Contemporary on time? Does anyone know please?

Wonder why BOG is not even offering breakfast wile we are there....in October....anyone know?

Breakfast has been in "test" mode. No announcement has been made if they will continue it or not. We ate there last week and chatted with the CM at the door. She said she didn't know if it would continue but that it had gone very well. We enjoyed it! I expect they will announce that it goes permanent very soon. Keep watching!

Reading through the last couple of days posts, and whether the busses run for early breakfasts. We have a 7am at Chef Mickey's (blame the jet lag and the fact we will already have been awake for 3 hours!) on an EMHM MK day. Does anyone know what time the busses start then? If they start around 7:15 on a day the MK opens at 9, would they maybe start 6:15 that day, so we can get a bus and walk to the Contemporary on time? Does anyone know please?

I don't have personal knowledge, but Disney knows what they are doing. If they offer 7:15 reservations, then they will certainly offer bus transport that day. Do NOT ask the front desk folks or the valets. They know NOTHING! I have never gotten good information from them on transportation. We have never had an issue getting to our early breakfast reservations.

Breakfast has been in "test" mode. No announcement has been made if they will continue it or not. We ate there last week and chatted with the CM at the door. She said she didn't know if it would continue but that it had gone very well. We enjoyed it! I expect they will announce that it goes permanent very soon. Keep watching!

Thank you...that's what I was thinking must be the case, but since it seems to be such a huge hit, I "assumed" (and we all know what happens when we "assume"!!) it was going to continue...hope they make an announcement soon and there is a chance to get that coveted ADR for breakfast while we are there...

I've seen the early morning bus as early as around 6:30am. I agree with maryandtyson that if Disney is going to have early morning ADRs at their restaurants then they are going to provide a bus for the guests so that they can get there.

Last edited:
Thanks Teena. I shall pack my little robe then :) I am actually sitting in a WDW resort robe right now in my little cold corner of England!

Looking forward to popping in and saying Hello to you next week! I'll be the mad overexcited English lady!

I'll be there Sunday and Monday. Can't wait to "chat" and of course get a hug!

How long does it take to eat at beaches and cream? Fantastic is at 8:30 but it says Epson closes at 8?

We've only eaten there once, but it took us a bit under an hour... But I would guess that it depends on how much you are ordering. I would allow an hour to be safe (more if you are ordering apps or dessert). Fantasmic is at HS (not Epcot) if that helps with your other question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter