• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 225-228

We got back earlier this month, and I just wanted to confirm that the laundry machines near the BC quiet pool (in the separate small building) are indeed credit card payment type.

There's also a small laundry room on the first floor of BC also close to the quiet pool (sorry, I don't have a nearby room number for reference), but I believe it only has 2 sets of machines.

I can't remember if you have posted before, so :welcome: to the thread!!!

Thank you for this info- I appreciate the confirmation about the laundry room payment system. I have a friend going in April and if she has time, she will try to get some pictures of the laundry room and the payment panel.

:thumbsup2

Josh at easywdw.com just posted a review of Beach Club Villas and he included a price list of items sold at Beach Club marketplace. Definitely a larger selection of items there versus Yacht Club.

Thanks so much for posting about this!!! What a great overview of the BCV. I'll try to incorporate this blog post in the BCV post on Page 1. The BC Marketplace info and price list info in the post is also extremely helpful.

:goodvibes

Hi there,

after months of lurking I 'suppose it is time to check-in for our stay at the Beach Club in September. We are 2 families (total of 9) from Oz spending 6 nights from the 19th, and we could not be more excited. This is part of a larger trip that for one family will include 4 nights at the Bay Lake Towers and 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel (as well as "side trips" to New York and Chicago)

See you then

Dean

Best avatar photo for a lurker- ever!

:welcome:

What a fabulous trip for your families! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

:woohoo:

NateBenMa, I'd be happy to have my post added to the thoughts on club level thread. I'm just trying to figure out how to upload my pics, I have sone nice shots of our room to share.

Thank you so much!!! Looks like you were able to figure out the pictures. Nicely done. Your information will be very helpful for future guests.

::yes::

We'll be at the YC from Aug 17-26th!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Here is the link to a recent price list for the Beach Club Villas. This is the grocery service that we used when we stayed at OKW last month. For a $10 delivery fee they will deliver the food to your room by 5pm on the day of check in. They put the cold items in the frig, too. You don't have to be in the room to receive the delivery. It will be there when you return to the room later that day. We were in a 2br villa and this was very convenient and well worth the little bit higher prices since we didn't have a car. We had breakfast in the villa each morning so we had ordered things like eggs, milk and butter.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc.../groceryorder/GroceryOrderForm_BCV_041513.pdf

The prices on this list are the same prices that you'll find all over WDW, including the Marketplace, all the resort shops and in the parks.

I really don't know if they deliver to the BC or only the BCV.

Cool!!! Thanks!

I'll add this post to the Marketplace info.

As a later response indicates, the prices apply to purchases in the Marketplace but I think only people staying at the villas can use the form to have groceries delivered to their room.

Can anyone offer up a general "feel" of the Beach Club? I'm thinking of switching from the Poly. I choose my resort based on where I can decompress after the activity of the day. And it seems Poly has been killed with the arrival of Trader Sams. I need to get away from people. Can't stand lines, packed in bodies and noise 24/7. I need peace for a couple hours in the morning and night. Does BC have some areas where you can sit near water, close your eyes and just hear birds and maybe some distant voices? I know, someone like me shouldn't even be vacationing at Disney, I'd be better off on a deserted island. LOL. But I just need a few moments of near quiet. Thoughts? Suggestions?

:welcome: to this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked or are you just exploring for the moment?

I'm another early riser here! The resort is so peaceful and quiet in the morning hours, until about 7:30 or 8. As others have mentioned, the Solarium sitting room (pictures on Page 1) and the beach are both empty at those times. I make a cup of coffee for myself, or grab one from the club lounge if I am staying there and walk around and take pictures.

Here are the posts from an early morning stroll last August from my "What Happens at the Beach Club" trip report

Early Morning Walkabout, Part 1
Early morning Walkabout, Part 2

:goodvibes

Hi all!
we have just completed our dining reservations for our stay at Beach Club from 09/25 to 10/02 - we have got everything we wanted except BOG (but we will keep on trying, of course!).:yay:

For the day we want to attend the MNSSHP we want spend time at the resort, and therefore we want to order room service for breakfast. Is it possible to order breakfast in advance, say, the evening before?

On another evening we want to order room service for dinner - how long is the average waiting time from calling room service until the food actually arrives (when we come back from the parks, exhausted and tired, I don't want to wait hours until dinner arrives)?

Oh, and not to forget: Is it also possible, that only my partner orders from room service whereas I don't eat anything....

Thanks for your help!:thanks:

Katrin

Sounds great! I have never ordered room service so I am bumping your question. I am guessing you can order the night before. I think I have a link to the menu somewhere on Page 1 and it may have info there. I can't help you with the timing for dinner service, it may depend on how busy they are. And no, you don't have to order anything if you don't want it!!!

:)

Does anyone know the current state of the Yacht Club? Is it under refurb now? I switched my CR stay to the BC and my parents are coming with. Unfortunately, there is no rooms at the BC under our current discount left. They only have the YC available. Not sure on the condition of the rooms after hearing the 7in7 so I'm kind of scared of switching their stay there. But we need to pretty much be in the same resort since my parents don't really speak English. Since the BC and YC are next to each other, I thought it would be a good alternative since we can't get a room at the BC for them.

They have not started work at the Yacht Club yet. I have never stayed at the YC, so I can't comment on the condition. If you can't get them a room at the BC then I think the YC looks like the next best solution.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

Just arrived here at BC CL -- quick note for now -- breakfast is wonderful! They have cold cuts now and just a quirk for me but the eggs are sliced again . I will take lots of pics and post more in depth later. Here's some breakfast meats and the eggs - if I did it right

Thanks for that info!!! I haven't seen that mentioned yet. I appreciate you taking the time to post and provide a picture.

We arrived yesterday and WOW what a welcome. Gave our name and got whisked off to Club level, champagne and treats for the kids. Got our room straight away at 10.30 am and headed to parks. Is it ok for a grown man to cry when he met the Princesses at Royal Table lunch? Well it is now. I love it here - i get to be the big kid I am and nobody cares!

BC is lush, cast members so friendly. Newly renovated rooms so plush and comfortable and our beach club 14 days is off to a great start. I'm so excited I could burst!

Not sure how to add pictures can anyone guide me?

xoxo jimmy

Great start!!!

Thanks for letting us know how it is going.

Since you only have a couple of posts, you may not be able to post pictures yet- you may need to have at least 10 posts before it will work.

If you are comfortable emailing pictures to me, my FAQ email address is beachclubdee at yahoo

:cool2:

I just switched from Garden View at the YC to Lagoon/Water View at the beach club. I requested an upper floor with a balcony. The CM on the phone said that shouldn't be a problem, but I am really nervous. We really want a balcony, but we also really want a water view from that balcony. What do you guys think? Should I switch back to YC and just deal with the garden view? Do you think we should be able to get a balcony at BC? The ground level rooms would guarantee us a patio, right? Should we swich to one of those? DH and I just want a place to sit after the kids have all gone to sleep @ 7-730.

Thank you! I am going to put balcony as our only request. The CM I talked to made it sound like I had to request upper floor to not be on the ground level, but I really don't care what floor we are on. If we don't get a balcony I would also be willing to switch room levels or back over o the YC if it is still available. Since those switches would be cheaper rates, would then give me a refund/credit my bill?

Thank you all!! I just called and switched back to the YC. The $700 price difference wasn't worth the stress of not knowing if we would get a balcony or not. While I would prefer a water view, I am sure that the garden/woods view will also be relaxing.

Like a Hobbit, it sounds like you are there and back again. Since a balcony will be a very important part of your stay, and you are saving money, I think the Yacht Club is the right place for your stay. There are some lovely garden view rooms (wedding gazebo view or back entrance courtyard view is awesome for people-watching)

page 227-228

Thanks so much for the pictures!!! I will add them up front and to Deluxe Room thread.

Hey friends!
Sorry for long time-no post. Life is good here, just extremely busy with a show I'm putting on at work with the children, a grad class I'm being forced to take, and life in general. We really haven't done much planning for our upcoming August trip, but you can see by the ticker that we got cold feet and jumped ship from the Poly to the CR. I like knowing that my resort is not a construction zone. :flower:

Anyway, quick question about DHS. We just booked the Fantasmic! dining package with dinner at The Brown Derby. Has anyone done this and have strong opinions either way? My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is about exiting. Do you get to leave ahead of the crowd, or do you have a secret exit?

Thanks, and I promise to start posting a lot more quite soon!
-Scott

Just :wave2:

Last edited:

They have not started work at the Yacht Club yet. I have never stayed at the YC, so I can't comment on the condition. If you can't get them a room at the BC then I think the YC looks like the next best solution.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

Thanks! I made the switch anyways after I listened to the podcast again. The dis crew had nothing but good things to say about their stay at the Yacht Club so I'm more relieved after hearing that. I did book the BC for myself and my bf. We'll be staying at the BC Standard CL while my parents are staying at the YC Lagoon View CL. Our dates are May 15-20.

Our stay in June (12-21) spans promos so our TA split our reservation. Has anyone tried this? If so, did you have to move rooms with 2 reservations for the same class rooms? We thought about going to club for the 2nd 1/2, then decided to stay with garden view.

Our school system extended the school year due to the snow and the kids will miss 3 1/2 days at the end of the year. Hoping high school finals, etc will be the previous week and not in the new week of school.

natebenma, thanks for the photos! :) I have a trip in a couple weeks. Not sure if I should switch or not.

Our stay in June (12-21) spans promos so our TA split our reservation. Has anyone tried this? If so, did you have to move rooms with 2 reservations for the same class rooms? We thought about going to club for the 2nd 1/2, then decided to stay with garden view.

Our school system extended the school year due to the snow and the kids will miss 3 1/2 days at the end of the year. Hoping high school finals, etc will be the previous week and not in the new week of school.

When we've had split stays at YC/BC, we've been very lucky to not have to move rooms the vast majority of the time. Not sure if it helped, but we talked to the desk about it at check in, during the week, and day before the switch day. It wouldn't have been a big deal to switch -- other than (re)packing.

We'll be at the YC from Aug 17-26th!!

We will be at the YC CL Aug 17th-22nd

Does anyone know the current state of the Yacht Club? Is it under refurb now? I switched my CR stay to the BC and my parents are coming with. Unfortunately, there is no rooms at the BC under our current discount left. They only have the YC available. Not sure on the condition of the rooms after hearing the 7in7 so I'm kind of scared of switching their stay there. But we need to pretty much be in the same resort since my parents don't really speak English. Since the BC and YC are next to each other, I thought it would be a good alternative since we can't get a room at the BC for them.

What I took out of the 7in7 was they were quietly changing things out in the room. The ratings that they gave we more based on if you can have either, and you have kids go to the BC, but YC is a great 2nd choice. Although it sounds like the next step is a full rehab from what I get in this thread. I think you will be happy with a YC room.

PHEW!!! I just updated the BOG list with 27 additions/changes from the past 8 pages. Just in case I missed something or typed incorrectly, please take a moment to see if your listing is how you want it.

Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

:crowded:

Can you kind people give me some quick advice about the BC? MUCH appreciated. I need to choose between a regular room with a garden view (with a request for a renovated room) and a CL room with a standard view. CL room would be only $50 more per night with discounts. Advantage of garden view is the view (and the lower total cost). Advantage of CL room is CL amenities at a discount and a guarantee of a renovated room. What would you do? How are the standard-view CL views overall? Am I more likely to get a connecting room (undesirable) w/one or the other? Chances of a real balcony w/one vs. the other? Sorry for the barrage of urgent questions. Very grateful to you. I would use the CL lounge, but don't care THAT much about it.

:welcome: to the thread!

What are your breakfast habits? My favorite part of CL is to have a quick, filling, convenient breakfast that gets me out of the resort and to the parks by EMH rope drop.

For views- I'll post a link to the BC View thread so you can see some sample standard views and garden views at the resort. I had a standard view CL room that I could see some of Illuminations and a distant view of the MK fireworks.

Beach Club Room Views

You are more likely to get a full balcony on club level. The percentage of rooms there with full balconies is more like 75% than 50% in regular rooms.

Not sure about the likelihood of connecting rooms in either room type.

For $50 more per night, I would go for CL and the guaranteed renovated room, breakfast and other foods and increased chance of balcony.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the thread!

What are your breakfast habits? My favorite part of CL is to have a quick, filling, convenient breakfast that gets me out of the resort and to the parks by EMH rope drop.

For views- I'll post a link to the BC View thread so you can see some sample standard views and garden views at the resort. I had a standard view CL room that I could see some of Illuminations and a distant view of the MK fireworks.

You are more likely to get a full balcony on club level. The percentage of rooms there with full balconies is more like 75% than 50% in regular rooms.

Not sure about the likelihood of connecting rooms in either room type.

I would go for CL and the guaranteed renovated room, breakfast and other foods and increased chance of balcony.

Thanks for your quick reply! I would definitely use the lounge for breakfast, so that's a plus. I saw that room-view thread, but wasn't sure how comprehensive it was. I do trust your opinion a lot, and you would opt for CL, so that's what I think I'll do! Many thanks once again.

PHEW!!! I just updated the BOG list with 27 additions/changes from the past 8 pages. Just in case I missed something or typed incorrectly, please take a moment to see if your listing is how you want it.

Thanks!

I don't know how you do it!! Just a small change, I will not be in the villas, but rather enjoying a brand spanking new BC room :) Or at least I hope they are done renovating by November!

Can you kind people give me some quick advice about the BC? MUCH appreciated. I need to choose between a regular room with a garden view (with a request for a renovated room) and a CL room with a standard view. CL room would be only $50 more per night with discounts. Advantage of garden view is the view (and the lower total cost). Advantage of CL room is CL amenities at a discount and a guarantee of a renovated room. What would you do? How are the standard-view CL views overall? Am I more likely to get a connecting room (undesirable) w/one or the other? Chances of a real balcony w/one vs. the other? Sorry for the barrage of urgent questions. Very grateful to you. I would use the CL lounge, but don't care THAT much about it.

I would go for the CL. At only $50 a night it is worth it in my opinion. We really enjoy the CL at BC. We like being able to access the lounge for drinks, snacks, etc... it is just so convenient. We aren't staying CL this next trip and I am really going to miss it, especially since the lounge has been enlarged and I haven't seen it yet. Enjoy your trip!!

I would go for the CL. At only $50 a night it is worth it in my opinion. We really enjoy the CL at BC. We like being able to access the lounge for drinks, snacks, etc... it is just so convenient. We aren't staying CL this next trip and I am really going to miss it, especially since the lounge has been enlarged and I haven't seen it yet. Enjoy your trip!!
Thank you!!! I did make the change to CL. I hope you get to experience the new lounge soon.

Thanks!

You are completely awesome for keeping this thread consistently updated. Thank you for all that you do!! :goodvibes

Hi all!
I think I read that the washers & dryers at BC were credit card operated. Do you have to put in a zip code? We are Canadian & have trouble at gas pumps (we always have to go inside to pay as our zip code is a letter-number combo).

TIA!

We r booked from july 11-18 at YC. cant wait. Its my DH first time staying on property with my DS and I. Cant wakt. Hope its as magical as it seems.

If you are booked CL, does the CL staff automatically contact you or should I just touch base with them? I've already made my ADRs. I just remember the last time we stayed CL, they sent us a form that we filled out with some info like what time we would be arriving, etc.

If you are booked CL, does the CL staff automatically contact you or should I just touch base with them? I've already made my ADRs. I just remember the last time we stayed CL, they sent us a form that we filled out with some info like what time we would be arriving, etc.

Yes, you should receive an email from Yacht and Beach Club Internary Planning Office with the form to be completed. We received ours a little before the 180 day mark but just completed and returned a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter