• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

Finally finalized our vacation plans. We were all over the place.
In the end we stuck with the BB we booked last August. We will be there
August 20-29 at the GF.

I will still HAVE to run over to BC to get my fix (Cape May Buffet!).
Teena - will you be there those dates or will you be off to visit Jeanne and set up
for school?

It's our first time with free dining. We haven't had DDP in year (didn't want to pay adult
prices for kids who eat mostly chicken nuggets!) so I booked a lot of buffets!

Hi guys!

Finally finalized our vacation plans. We were all over the place.
In the end we stuck with the BB we booked last August. We will be there
August 20-29 at the GF.

I will still HAVE to run over to BC to get my fix (Cape May Buffet!).
Teena - will you be there those dates or will you be off to visit Jeanne and set up
for school?

It's our first time with free dining. We haven't had DDP in year (didn't want to pay adult
prices for kids who eat mostly chicken nuggets!) so I booked a lot of buffets!

Darn!! I leave on the 18th and return on the 29th.

Some good news today. Had my six month check-up at Moffitt Cancer Center and I'm good to go for six months. Yippeee me!!!

And Jeanne and Lily are running/walking in a 5K Bubble Race in Vegas tomorrow. Hopefully Dee will post of the pics Jeanne posts on facebook.

What fantastic news!

I hope this is not an out of scope response, but we are so excited for our Disney Honeymoon at BC in May!!!!!::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

You should be excited. What a great place to honeymoon!

Gave my TA the room requests. I think most of the floors should be done when we get there, so I just requested high floor, full balcony, and close to Epcot. Since we're a party of five, I didn't think to request a day bed, since I assume we'd have priority for one, right? If we don't get one, Thing #4 can easily sleep in the pack'n'play.

I do not see any offers for August yet, from Disney. Did the BB (bounce back) include free dining and a resort discount?
No room discount. Just free dining. But since kids are now Disney adults the free dining will save us about $300 a day! We booked it last August. We kept going back and forth whether to keep th BB or do the "magical " discount we had last year. Then we kept going back and forth of GF, Poly or BC

Last edited:

An offer from an agency that we can't speak of here on the DIS. Google your question and it's the 1st/top option listed.
ah...OK I get it...thanks...I thought maybe I had missed some great special offer from Disney....whew....
::MickeyMo

ah...OK I get it...thanks...I thought maybe I had missed some great special offer from Disney....whew....
::MickeyMo

If the dates and locations of their offers work for you, it can be a tremendous deal. We have a split stay between Poly CL for three nights and BC SV for four nights. We're paying for all seven nights what WDW charges for three nights Poly CL at rack rate. When I figured the percentage difference, we're saving about 47% off rack rate. My TA has been fabulous. She generally responds to my emails immediately, except when she was out of town, and she let me know ahead of time when she would be unavailable. She's already mentioned that they'll have other deals coming up in January, when we next plan to travel as a whole family. Even though we'd need space for 6, and they might have the great deals with their agency, I'll likely have her book the trip for me. I know some have had bad experiences with TA's, but mine has been pretty fabulous. She earns a commission and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

The agency is also a sponsor of the tikiman pages site, so if you go there, you can find out the info about the agency.

Last edited:
Great photos! Thanks for sharing Teena and Dee. These girls are definitely ready to run the Princess!

Just have to say....... ONE. MORE. WEEK!!!!!!!

Leaving Thursday afternoon right after school for our 21 hour drive from southern Ontario, a night at Doubletree in Downtown Disney, then Beach Club check in on Saturday!!

Yes, just a little excited,lol. I swear, the first green thing I see I am going to jump for joy. This has been a long winter......

:welcome: back!

Which month are coming?

Yes, I believe the 4th floor is done, and as dansdad helpfully pointed out- links to pictures can be found on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

:cool1:[/QUOTE]
Our trip dates are July 23-30 2015. Love being back on this thread!

Some good news today. Had my six month check-up at Moffitt Cancer Center and I'm good to go for six months. Yippeee me!!!

And Jeanne and Lily are running/walking in a 5K Bubble Race in Vegas tomorrow. Hopefully Dee will post of the pics Jeanne posts on facebook.

Great news Teena.

How awesome!! My 13 year old daughter has Type 1. I always tell the story of how from the day my daughter came home from the hospital after diagnosis, my dog went up to her every morning, put her face up to hers and stared at her to make sure she was ok. Just amazing!!!

God bless your family and your beautiful new companion!!

Jay

Thanks Jay... I was diagnosed 20 years ago and have a pump and continuous glucose monitor. I have had some majr setbacks in the past 4 months so my dr and husband talked me into an alert service dog. The dog can already sense some things and we haven't even begun that training yet. God bless your daughter as well. Let your daughter know this disease does not have to hinder ANY of her dream. I was diagnosed at 17 and I still played college soccer, have my dream career and am extremely active in mountain bike racing. Never let her say she cant do it!

Love this dog! So beautiful and cute.
Thanks Janet
Aw, so cute. And you kept Baymax in the name!

Had too. It just makes so much sense.

Awesome news! so happy for you!
I especially like that Trixie middle name. Who ever came up with that has some exceptionally good taste in doggy naming!
wink3.gif

~NM

You should have seen how m y DH rolled his eyes as I registered him with the AKC, the vet and the microchip company and I said Mya Baymax Trixie

Just have to say....... ONE. MORE. WEEK!!!!!!!

Leaving Thursday afternoon right after school for our 21 hour drive from southern Ontario, a night at Doubletree in Downtown Disney, then Beach Club check in on Saturday!!

Yes, just a little excited,lol. I swear, the first green thing I see I am going to jump for joy. This has been a long winter......
Jealous have fun

My agent was working hard for me, and was able to move me over from Yacht Club to Beach Club! Not only did we choose this resort (all four women), but we will likely have a refurbished room for our upcoming August trip. I'm psyched.

Looking at the refurb pictures, the cute lamp with lifeguard Mickey was replaced. I wonder what they will do with hundreds of those lamps.

:offtopic:, but.....

Many changes are going on at Disney. Our trip last year, MK barriers were up at the hub and prior to that in Fantasyland. All of my pictures, for years, of cinderellas castle include a crane. Can anyone tell me if this construction at MK is done? Is Pirates of the Carribean under refurb or shut down forever?

I read about a bling Cinderella carriage at MGM (I think I can call it this again) park for the new movie. Will this be permanent? I also read that the icon Sorcerer Hat was removed. Can this be true? Is backlot under refurb or shut down forever?

They are adding a theatre to Soarin and another track at Toy Story. Does this take the whole attraction out of business for the enhancements? Maelstrom is gone. What is replacing it, and by when?

I have not read anything about animal. Did I miss any news?

Many changes are going on at Disney. Our trip last year, MK barriers were up at the hub and prior to that in Fantasyland. All of my pictures, for years, of cinderellas castle include a crane. Can anyone tell me if this construction at MK is done? Is Pirates of the Carribean under refurb or shut down forever?
We were just at WDW last weekend. The side of the hub in front of Casey's was opened and will be the new fastpass viewing area for Wishes. I think the other side is either open now or will open shortly.
I read about a bling Cinderella carriage at MGM (I think I can call it this again) park for the new movie. Will this be permanent? I also read that the icon Sorcerer Hat was removed. Can this be true? Is backlot under refurb or shut down forever?
The Sorceror's Hat is gone now, but the construction walls are still up. It looks like they plan to construct something else in its place, but there isn't a clue as to what might be coming next.

Cinderella's carriage was on display on New York street. I'm assuming that it will just be there for the sneak peak of the Cinderella movie. The carriage was gorgeous - all decorated in gold.

The backlot is closed forever.

My agent was working hard for me, and was able to move me over from Yacht Club to Beach Club! Not only did we choose this resort (all four women), but we will likely have a refurbished room for our upcoming August trip. I'm psyched.

Looking at the refurb pictures, the cute lamp with lifeguard Mickey was replaced. I wonder what they will do with hundreds of those lamps.

:offtopic:, but.....

They are adding a theatre to Soarin and another track at Toy Story. Does this take the whole attraction out of business for the enhancements? Maelstrom is gone. What is replacing it, and by when?

I have not read anything about animal. Did I miss any news?
Congrats! I like the refurbed rooms at GF, but they took out the Mickey lamps there too :-(. Seems they are doing this at all the resorts, sad cause I liked them. Wish they would leave them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter