2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just going to post the same. There is something, blocked off but we were able to walk around pretty much the whole thing. I want to hop in the pool but I just can't... Not quite warm enough! Both rooms have been in good shape so far and the concierge staff has been quite helpful. We are taking a late afternoon break before going back for our evening Fastpasses at Epcot so we sat outside Beaches and Cream in the sun for a bit.
Agrees about the swimming! I was shocked how many people were in there. Our club level rooms are beautiful and the concierge staff has bee very pleasant. Although we did overhear another guest last night question why the lemonade was removed at 9:00 PM when service didn't finish until 10:00. We thought that was a very valid point. Weather has been challenging to pack for but hey it's better then the blizzard NJ is getting prepped for!

We're staying at Yacht Club, and I know there's no quick service there and we will have to go to Beach Club for that, but I was wondering if there's anywhere to grab a quick cup of coffee in the mornings at Yacht Club or will we still have to go over to Beach Club for coffee.
We can hold off breakfast for a couple hours and grab things in the parks but we definitely need to start our mornings with coffee! :rotfl2:

We are planning a Club Level BC stay in Sept. Our first at this resort!!
Question: Are daybeds plentiful in CL? We are a family of 4, but we need that extra bed.
Also, is it possible to be near the World Showcase entrance if you are staying CL? I don't know much at all about the property but have heard there are rooms that are closer to the area.

Thank you!!

It's official! Staying at Beach Club for the first time! It's me, my 3 kids (9,8,2) and my mama! So excited to be staying here and experiencing the pool/slide! Staying September 20-27. We also get to participate in the F&W Festival. I'm hoping they will have Key Lime Wine! :)

Dee good luck with the monster storm heading your way along with anyone else who will be affected.

We're staying at Yacht Club, and I know there's no quick service there and we will have to go to Beach Club for that, but I was wondering if there's anywhere to grab a quick cup of coffee in the mornings at Yacht Club or will we still have to go over to Beach Club for coffee. We can hold off breakfast for a couple hours and grab things in the parks but we definitely need to start our mornings with coffee! :rotfl2:
Ale & Compass Lounge has coffee and pastries in the morning. Opens at 6, I believe. Right off the YC lobby. Perfect for your early coffee fix! :)

page 147-150

Sorry to hear about your cancelled flight. I hate it when that happens!

I think it is very possible that you would be able stay in the same room (although you may need to check in and check out with the different packages).

Am I assuming correctly that you would prefer to spend the first night in a standard view room, even though you are booked GV, if it means you don't have to switch rooms during your stay? If that is the case, I would try to add that to the reservation. "If possible, would prefer to stay in same room from Feb 18 until checkout day".

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much, natebenma :-) Just sent Disney an email (we tried it around Christmas before, but they said they were too busy)

Dee good luck with the monster storm heading your way along with anyone else who will be affected.

Thank you!!!

I'm also sending along good wishes to everyone facing the big storm over the next couple of days. Be safe, my friends!!!

We will be hunkering down and recovering after a long, but satisfying weekend of shows for Ben. Gearing up for 3 more shows next weekend. I need to brave the grocery store first thing this morning. While I have enough bread, eggs and milk to get through, we are dangerously close to being out of ice cream and that is no way to weather a storm!!!

:cold:

I'll catch up on the last several pages of the thread later today.

:goodvibes

Is there a quick service lunch option at the Beach Club or near by?

Would it be worth it to make an ADR for Beaches and Cream?

I am going to book my kids for the pirates adventure cruise the day we are going to do MNSSHP.

I am having trouble with planning our ADRs that day. I was thinking Cape May Breakfast before they head out for the cruise.

then a quick service lunch

then maybe and ADR at MK. The Plaza maybe? or just quick service again?

Why is Disney ADR planning so stressful UGH.
Thank you for your help

Is there a quick service lunch option at the Beach Club or near by?

Would it be worth it to make an ADR for Beaches and Cream?

I am going to book my kids for the pirates adventure cruise the day we are going to do MNSSHP.

I am having trouble with planning our ADRs that day. I was thinking Cape May Breakfast before they head out for the cruise.

then a quick service lunch

then maybe and ADR at MK. The Plaza maybe? or just quick service again?

Why is Disney ADR planning so stressful UGH.
Thank you for your help

A few suggestions:

A good start would be checking out Post 7 of this thread- Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club. There are quick service options at The Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's at Stormalong Bay- you can see menus listed in the post I have referenced.

There are some options a short walk away at Boardwalk if you won't have park tickets that day. I hear great things about the Boardwalk Lobster roll.

If you have park tickets/hoppers, then you can grab a quick meal in EPCOT at the World showcase just a short walk away. Sandwich/Quiche at France, Fish and Chips at UK, great food from Morocco or Japan.

[QUOTE Would it be worth it to make an ADR for Beaches and Cream? [/QUOTE]

Definitely! We love Beaches and Cream. Even if you want to have ice cream sundaes for lunch, you should book an ADR. This place is very small. It's a lot of fun and has delicious ice cream. Last year we ordered a kitchen sink for 4 of us for lunch and could not finish it. This year we are staying at the Beach Club for two nights. I think that we will make one reservation per night, even if it's just for ice cream (I really want a No Way Jose). Even with a reservation you may need to wait a while as it's very popular.

Thank you very much. I am going to read post 7 now

We will do Beaches and Cream for sure I am just not sure what time.

I don't want to spend too much time that day waiting for lunch or dinner. I want to give the kids pool and resting time so that we have no crappy pants at the party. LOL

A few suggestions:

A good start would be checking out Post 7 of this thread- Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club. There are quick service options at The Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's at Stormalong Bay- you can see menus listed in the post I have referenced.

There are some options a short walk away at Boardwalk if you won't have park tickets that day. I hear great things about the Boardwalk Lobster roll.

If you have park tickets/hoppers, then you can grab a quick meal in EPCOT at the World showcase just a short walk away. Sandwich/Quiche at France, Fish and Chips at UK, great food from Morocco or Japan.

Hurricane Hanna's will be perfect THANK YOU!

Thank you!!! I'm also sending along good wishes to everyone facing the big storm over the next couple of days. Be safe, my friends!!! We will be hunkering down and recovering after a long, but satisfying weekend of shows for Ben. Gearing up for 3 more shows next weekend. I need to brave the grocery store first thing this morning. While I have enough bread, eggs and milk to get through, we are dangerously close to being out of ice cream and that is no way to weather a storm!!! :cold: I'll catch up on the last several pages of the thread later today. :goodvibes
For me I need to run to get beer and wine! Hope the shelves aren't cleared of that! Stay warm everyone! My first thought this morning was thank god I am not trying to fly to WDW tomorrow!

I was just wondering is there a room breakdown anywhere of how many of each room is available at the BC. Like, if we wanted to book 3 water view rooms, how many water view rooms does the BC offer? How many of those rooms have full balconies vs. juilet balconies vs. no balcony?

That is very specific I know so I wouldn't be surprised if that kinda info isn't out there, I was just trying to figure out if we book water view and request a full balcony, how much have we limited our selves on rooms.

Thank you!!!

I'm also sending along good wishes to everyone facing the big storm over the next couple of days. Be safe, my friends!!!

We will be hunkering down and recovering after a long, but satisfying weekend of shows for Ben. Gearing up for 3 more shows next weekend. I need to brave the grocery store first thing this morning. While I have enough bread, eggs and milk to get through, we are dangerously close to being out of ice cream and that is no way to weather a storm!!!

:cold:

I braved the store early this morning. There was bread and milk but absolutely no chicken. Never seen that before. :confused3

I braved the store early this morning. There was bread and milk but absolutely no chicken. Never seen that before. :confused3

Oh c'mon now... all the chickens were staying at home because they were afraid to get in their cars and drive to the supermarket!

~NM

Question: Are daybeds plentiful in CL? We are a family of 4, but we need that extra bed.

Since the recent refurbishment, we are still waiting to hear how many daybeds were possibly added to rooms. I'm not sure if we'll ever find out for sure until guests actually stay in rooms and report back, but that could take years....:(

I follow this thread faithfully because BC has always been our favorite resort. We have so many wonderful memories there. However, our 2 kids are now "older" and we absolutely have to have a daybed. We received a cot last trip which worked ok to sleep, but it really messed the room up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter