• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone offer up a general "feel" of the Beach Club? I'm thinking of switching from the Poly. I choose my resort based on where I can decompress after the activity of the day. And it seems Poly has been killed with the arrival of Trader Sams. I need to get away from people. Can't stand lines, packed in bodies and noise 24/7. I need peace for a couple hours in the morning and night. Does BC have some areas where you can sit near water, close your eyes and just hear birds and maybe some distant voices? I know, someone like me shouldn't even be vacationing at Disney, I'd be better off on a deserted island. LOL. But I just need a few moments of near quiet. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hi all!
we have just completed our dining reservations for our stay at Beach Club from 09/25 to 10/02 - we have got everything we wanted except BOG (but we will keep on trying, of course!).:yay:

For the day we want to attend the MNSSHP we want spend time at the resort, and therefore we want to order room service for breakfast. Is it possible to order breakfast in advance, say, the evening before?

On another evening we want to order room service for dinner - how long is the average waiting time from calling room service until the food actually arrives (when we come back from the parks, exhausted and tired, I don't want to wait hours until dinner arrives)?

Oh, and not to forget: Is it also possible, that only my partner orders from room service whereas I don't eat anything....

Thanks for your help!:thanks:

Katrin

Last edited:
Does anyone know the current state of the Yacht Club? Is it under refurb now? I switched my CR stay to the BC and my parents are coming with. Unfortunately, there is no rooms at the BC under our current discount left. They only have the YC available. Not sure on the condition of the rooms after hearing the 7in7 so I'm kind of scared of switching their stay there. But we need to pretty much be in the same resort since my parents don't really speak English. Since the BC and YC are next to each other, I thought it would be a good alternative since we can't get a room at the BC for them.

Just arrived here at BC CL -- quick note for now -- breakfast is wonderful! They have cold cuts now and just a quirk for me but the eggs are sliced again . I will take lots of pics and post more in depth later. Here's some breakfast meats and the eggs - if I did it right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 50

Good morning. Thanks for all the info, I haven't stay at BC since the 90's (we've been at MK resorts with little ones lately). We love Cape May café and have ADR's every year. I think I read recently that the crab legs are no longer offered on the serving line, but are now brought to your table. Can anyone clarify this? Does it work or do you spend all evening waiting? Thanks for your help.

We arrived yesterday and WOW what a welcome. Gave our name and got whisked off to Club level, champagne and treats for the kids. Got our room straight away at 10.30 am and headed to parks. Is it ok for a grown man to cry when he met the Princesses at Royal Table lunch? Well it is now. I love it here - i get to be the big kid I am and nobody cares!

BC is lush, cast members so friendly. Newly renovated rooms so plush and comfortable and our beach club 14 days is off to a great start. I'm so excited I could burst!

Not sure how to add pictures can anyone guide me?

xoxo jimmy

Can anyone offer up a general "feel" of the Beach Club? I'm thinking of switching from the Poly. I choose my resort based on where I can decompress after the activity of the day. And it seems Poly has been killed with the arrival of Trader Sams. I need to get away from people. Can't stand lines, packed in bodies and noise 24/7. I need peace for a couple hours in the morning and night. Does BC have some areas where you can sit near water, close your eyes and just hear birds and maybe some distant voices? I know, someone like me shouldn't even be vacationing at Disney, I'd be better off on a deserted island. LOL. But I just need a few moments of near quiet. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yes definitely! I don't know how it compares to Poly but especially in the morning there is lots of quiet to be had around the Beach Club. We're really early risers so we started most mornings sitting on the beach by the Beach Club, watching the water. We also took a slow stroll around the Boardwalk to grab a bite from Boardwalk Cafe and sit out on the boardwalk and eat. It was never crowded last year when we went first week in May.

Thank you, philschrek. I wake at 4:30 myself. Usually out the door by 6 am. :) This sounds lovely. I'm sure mornings will be unadulterated at the Poly. But evenings, not so much. LOL.

There are certainly quiet places at BC. I also appreciate a little down time while at Disney. My favorite quiet time is an early morning stroll around Crescent Lake. So peaceful. In the afternoon, quiet places include the Solarium between the BCV and BC just down the hall from the Marketplace. Also, the quiet pools at both BC and YC are truly quiet. Little more activity at BC quiet pool with people coming through, but I still find this area quiet. Also, the beach area is a terrific peaceful place especially if you can grab a swing or a bench.

Just arrived here at BC CL -- quick note for now -- breakfast is wonderful! They have cold cuts now and just a quirk for me but the eggs are sliced again . I will take lots of pics and post more in depth later. Here's some breakfast meats and the eggs - if I did it right

Wow! This is great news! That's one of the things we missed when staying BC instead of GF.
We arrived yesterday and WOW what a welcome. Gave our name and got whisked off to Club level, champagne and treats for the kids. Got our room straight away at 10.30 am and headed to parks. Is it ok for a grown man to cry when he met the Princesses at Royal Table lunch? Well it is now. I love it here - i get to be the big kid I am and nobody cares!

BC is lush, cast members so friendly. Newly renovated rooms so plush and comfortable and our beach club 14 days is off to a great start. I'm so excited I could burst!

Not sure how to add pictures can anyone guide me?

xoxo jimmy

Thanks for posting this! I was nervous about our upcoming trip to BC, but now I'm SO excited! I would love to see pics but I'm not the best person to get advice from about that since I'm new to the boards. I only know how to post links to the pics by uploading pics to photobucket and then copying and pasting the pics (which actually posts the links). I would love to know how to post the actual pics too!

I love the sliced eggs like below, really hope they continue to have them as they were my daily breakfast in December. 193.JPG

i have a general question for you...has anyone had a reservation where the room occupants names were all listed, and at the last minute had to change one of them to someone else - like at the last minute my friend or family member couldn't go, and someone else wanted to take their place,....did you change the name on the reservation, or just have the new person go and use the original person's magic band, etc...?

I have a friend that may want to try to book something for next year with me, but her job is such that she might not be able to go at the last minute - could I substitute someone else? And if at the last minute, (worst case scenario!!) I couldn't go, and the resv was in my name - could someone else go with my friend and use my magic band, etc. or would the reservation have to be changed to her name?

Wow. That is a coincidence. We liked Savannah. I purchased two groupons, and not sure how I got a great rate at the hotel we snagged which was very upscale. One groupon was for dinner and then other groupon was for a haunted tour. I even brought a voice recorder and took lots of pictures. We did not catch any odd evidence. But, my group was the same as this trip- Me, mom, and two pre-teen daughters. You will have a more romantic adventure.
Not so romantic...we are traveling with my 12 and 9 year old daughters and 3 year old son, but it will be nice to all be one place for a period if time. Schedules have been so hectic lately!

Just 5 days to go until our first YC vacation. Started packing yesterday.

Has anyone used the Sandcastle Club at BC? We have been going back and forth over having our 15 year old babysit or using the kids club one night for our 7 and 1/2 year old son.

We have a reservation for our anniversary dinner at Victoria and Albert's.

I just need to get through the next four busy work days.

We used the Sandcastle Club last Nov. DD4 LOVED it! She was disappointed that she only went once! We are planning to have her go for one night on our summer trip and she is super excited! They give them dinner, they do crafts and lots of activities! She was a HUGE fan!

I just switched from Garden View at the YC to Lagoon/Water View at the beach club. I requested an upper floor with a balcony. The CM on the phone said that shouldn't be a problem, but I am really nervous. We really want a balcony, but we also really want a water view from that balcony. What do you guys think? Should I switch back to YC and just deal with the garden view? Do you think we should be able to get a balcony at BC? The ground level rooms would guarantee us a patio, right? Should we swich to one of those? DH and I just want a place to sit after the kids have all gone to sleep @ 7-730.

I'm at the 180-day mark and started making my ADRs this morning! I got everything I wanted so far - dinner at Beaches & Cream on arrival day, my 40th birthday breakfast brunch at Kona Cafe for 12 people, dinner one night at Captain's Grille (I made an ADR since we will have 10 people), and even dinner one night at BOG! :banana: Now I just have to plan FP+ reservations for 12 people, good thing I have another 120 days! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for my first stay at the YC!

I just switched from Garden View at the YC to Lagoon/Water View at the beach club. I requested an upper floor with a balcony. The CM on the phone said that shouldn't be a problem, but I am really nervous. We really want a balcony, but we also really want a water view from that balcony. What do you guys think? Should I switch back to YC and just deal with the garden view? Do you think we should be able to get a balcony at BC? The ground level rooms would guarantee us a patio, right? Should we swich to one of those? DH and I just want a place to sit after the kids have all gone to sleep @ 7-730.

We also really like a full balcony. It is our #1 request, daybed as our second request. If the balcony is most important to you, perhaps have "full balcony or patio" listed as your first request. Upper floor with full balcony would pretty much just limit you to 4th floor and would lessen your chances for full balcony as most 3rd floor rooms have the standing only balcony and the 5th floor is CL. Also, I think the water view is lovely, particularly if you plan to spend that much time sitting on your full balcony or patio. Just keep in mind the full balcony is just a request. Yes, you could switch back to YC, but then you are taking a chance on getting a lovely garden view. Also, the newly renovated BC rooms are just lovely and all floors should be complete by your September trip (per your signature).

Good Luck!

Here is the link to a recent price list for the Beach Club Villas. This is the grocery service that we used when we stayed at OKW last month. For a $10 delivery fee they will deliver the food to your room by 5pm on the day of check in. They put the cold items in the frig, too. You don't have to be in the room to receive the delivery. It will be there when you return to the room later that day. We were in a 2br villa and this was very convenient and well worth the little bit higher prices since we didn't have a car. We had breakfast in the villa each morning so we had ordered things like eggs, milk and butter.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc.../groceryorder/GroceryOrderForm_BCV_041513.pdf

The prices on this list are the same prices that you'll find all over WDW, including the Marketplace, all the resort shops and in the parks.

I really don't know if they deliver to the BC or only the BCV.

As far as I know, this service (where Disney makes the purchases for you in the Disney gift shop of the hotel and takes the items up to your room) is only available to DVC members staying in DVC villas. The order list is only available on the DVC Member website, and you must be a DVC member to access the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter