2013 Solo traveling Princesses

I got 4184, though I don't think my pace is going to be the same as my half marathon finish that got me that Bib#... I'm guessing I will be in Corral B or possible C? My goal is to enjoy the race, the sights, and just finish walking to enjoy the world! lol

I'm a solo runner, so if anyone ends up in the same corral and isn't doing the race retreat, let me know.

And an out there question...Anyone know of people selling their ticket into the race retreat?

Thanks!

Melanie

Please add me to the list of solo travelers:) I'll be at CSR. If anyone wants to hang out, let me know.

I'll be arriving around 5pm on Friday. Planning to hit the expo then head over to MK for Wishes and whatever else I can get in. Will probably just kinda wander the World on Saturday until heading back to the room around 6pm. Doing the race retreat, so will be up around 3am to get dressed and head to the start:scared1: Then back to the resort for a quick shower before heading to DHS to meet some friends. Wide open Monday (probably more wanderings) until DME around 4pm.

Now c'mon waivers!!!

Gotchya added too :thumbsup2

Once runDisney sends out the "official" e-mail that waivers are out they should list on the site how the corrals break down. It will be interesting to see. Last year I had bib #3400 and was in B. This year I have #6793. I was hoping to be in B again. If not I will bring proof of time for my last half and see if I can get it changed. Hoping the corrals are bigger this year than they were last year. For the marathon I had 6514 and was in D. If the corrals are the same size then that would put me in D also. I don't know how big the corrals for the marathon were.

ColleenG said:

Once runDisney sends out the "official" e-mail that waivers are out they should list on the site how the corrals break down. It will be interesting to see. Last year I had bib #3400 and was in B. This year I have #6793. I was hoping to be in B again. If not I will bring proof of time for my last half and see if I can get it changed. Hoping the corrals are bigger this year than they were last year. For the marathon I had 6514 and was in D. If the corrals are the same size then that would put me in D also. I don't know how big the corrals for the marathon were.

Hey Jersey girl, getting so close! Let the excitement begin!

ColleenG said:
I'd love to meet up with some fellow Princesses for some park time too. I get in late Wednesday night. So Thursday through Monday are good. I will probably have to be back to the hotel around 3:00 on Monday to catch the DME to go home :sad1: Friday morning I'll be at the expo. I'm planning on getting there early so I can get to the parks. I need to just remeber to not buy EVERYTHING I see!

What time will you be at the Expo? I should be there by 11:00am or so, depending upon traffic

ColleenG said:
I am hoping to get there at open on Friday and then run back to drop off my loot and head to MK most likely.

Gotcha. Oh we'll, maybe we all can meet up at the MK?

I got 4184, though I don't think my pace is going to be the same as my half marathon finish that got me that Bib#... I'm guessing I will be in Corral B or possible C? My goal is to enjoy the race, the sights, and just finish walking to enjoy the world! lol

I'm a solo runner, so if anyone ends up in the same corral and isn't doing the race retreat, let me know.

And an out there question...Anyone know of people selling their ticket into the race retreat?

Thanks!

Melanie

I am pretty sure I will be in C- but it could be B or even D depending on what number they put in each corral. (2000 per coral and I would be in D and you would be in C, 2100 - 3300 would mean I would be in C you would be in B, over 3300 and we would each be in B) I figure your bib will have you most likely in B since I doubt they will only have 2000 per corral and I also think it unlikely that they would have 4200 per corral. If we do end up in the same though... I too am not doing the race retreat. :goodvibes

I doubt you'll be in the last corral....my bib number is 20390!

Someone on the Princess thread was guesstimating that there would be 2750 per corral. Dividing your bib number by 2750 means that you could be in the 6th [out of 8th?] corral. That's pretty good! :thumbsup2

With 26000 runners if they stick to 8 corrals.... the number per corral would have to be up over 3000, right? I just hope it is up over 2200 per corral to put me as a solid C.

Hey, you and I will most likely be in the same corral! I am # 6594. I can't imagine there being a cut off between the two of us at 6600. I guess it is possible if they do 3300 per corral (putting me in B and you in C) or 2200 (putting me in C and you in D) Do you think think the corrals will be smaller than 2200? That would put both of us in D. My guess is we will both be in C.

And yes... I am being super crazy today speculating corral cut offs!!! :upsidedow:upsidedow

That's what we were talking about I think. I have two ADRs on Friday. One about 1:30 at LTT and the other at 6:00 over at 1900 Park Pare. So anytime between 2:30 to 5:00 would work for me I guess.

OK, how does this sound. Since Colleen will be at the MK on Friday, how about we all try and meet there, since you will be there for your LTT gig, and then hop on over to the Poly for a relaxing drink; with or without alcohol? This way you can meet at least 2 of us on Friday. All are welcome to join, as well. :thumbsup2

Cindy

I will miss out on the Friday meetup since my flight doesn't get in until around 4pm. But I will be in MK for Wishes that evening if anyone wants to meet -- or any other time over the weekend:)

A couple of questions for ya:

1) Is anyone running the 5K on Saturday? I've been on the fence about it. And now that its up to 98% full, I need to make a decision. I would love to run through World Showcase, but not sure I really want to get up early on both Saturday and Sunday...

2) Anyone else staying at CSR and doing the race retreat? If so, what time are you planning to head out? I would like to make the most of the pre-race stuff since I suspect I will be around 2:45 to 3 finish time and don't know how much will be left at that point.

3) Someone over on the other thread mentioned that if you get the "I Did It" t-shirt after the finish, they will screen print it with your finish time. Is this true? If so, that would be awesome! At the ToT and EEC, they did not have any of the "I Did It" shirts at the finish. So, for Tink I didn't even bother to look and just bought it at the expo to be sure I got one. I was planning to pick up both this shirt and the coast-to-coast shirt at the expo, but may wait if I can get my time put on...

niclodn said:
I will miss out on the Friday meetup since my flight doesn't get in until around 4pm. But I will be in MK for Wishes that evening if anyone wants to meet -- or any other time over the weekend:)

A couple of questions for ya:

1) Is anyone running the 5K on Saturday? I've been on the fence about it. And now that its up to 98% full, I need to make a decision. I would love to run through World Showcase, but not sure I really want to get up early on both Saturday and Sunday...

2) Anyone else staying at CSR and doing the race retreat? If so, what time are you planning to head out? I would like to make the most of the pre-race stuff since I suspect I will be around 2:45 to 3 finish time and don't know how much will be left at that point.

3) Someone over on the other thread mentioned that if you get the "I Did It" t-shirt after the finish, they will screen print it with your finish time. Is this true? If so, that would be awesome! At the ToT and EEC, they did not have any of the "I Did It" shirts at the finish. So, for Tink I didn't even bother to look and just bought it at the expo to be sure I got one. I was planning to pick up both this shirt and the coast-to-coast shirt at the expo, but may wait if I can get my time put on...

Hey Nic, I would be happy to meet up with ya later on Friday. I have an AP, so hopping isn't an issue. I'm at the CSR, also. There more socializing, the better. Keeps our nerves in check! I should know if I am going to RR soon

Hey Nic, I would be happy to meet up with ya later on Friday. I have an AP, so hopping isn't an issue. I'm at the CSR, also. There more socializing, the better. Keeps our nerves in check! I should know if I am going to RR soon

That sounds great! I'm an AP holder too, so no worries there:)

sunnygal041 said:
OK, how does this sound. Since Colleen will be at the MK on Friday, how about we all try and meet there, since you will be there for your LTT gig, and then hop on over to the Poly for a relaxing drink; with or without alcohol? This way you can meet at least 2 of us on Friday. All are welcome to join, as well. :thumbsup2

Cindy

Sounds good to me! Should we exchange numbers or set a location to meet?

Cindy

That sounds great. I am also meeting some other people at the Poly on Friday, so we could go together. It's the facebook running club, called Pacebook running club. If any of you want to join they are a great bunch of Disney loving, crazy, funny runners. The group is a closed FB group but open to all.

Probably the easiest would be to set a time and place in MK to meet up. I don't mind exchanging cell numbers if we want to call or text to get intouch with each other. Can't wait to get back to Florida. The weather here has been so cold and dismal. I need some sunshine. I haven't gotten many runs in lately, maybe one a week since marathon weekend. I really hope the ground hog was right and we get an early spring. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Just a thought for Friday too, don't know if any of you have dinner plans and want to see if we can get an ADR the poly? Let me know and I'll look on line and see what is available. Is Ohana the only table service there? I have the dining plan. Or guess I should say I will have the dining plan. Gotta call and add that on!

ColleenG said:
That sounds great. I am also meeting some other people at the Poly on Friday, so we could go together. It's the facebook running club, called Pacebook running club. If any of you want to join they are a great bunch of Disney loving, crazy, funny runners. The group is a closed FB group but open to all.

Probably the easiest would be to set a time and place in MK to meet up. I don't mind exchanging cell numbers if we want to call or text to get intouch with each other. Can't wait to get back to Florida. The weather here has been so cold and dismal. I need some sunshine. I haven't gotten many runs in lately, maybe one a week since marathon weekend. I really hope the ground hog was right and we get an early spring. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sounds good. I'm not on FB. I don't mind exchanging cell numbers, either! As for the weather down here, we are looking at high 70's-low 80's until next Thursday. Those are the projected daytime temps.

ColleenG said:
Just a thought for Friday too, don't know if any of you have dinner plans and want to see if we can get an ADR the poly? Let me know and I'll look on line and see what is available. Is Ohana the only table service there? I have the dining plan. Or guess I should say I will have the dining plan. Gotta call and add that on!

Good luck with Ohana. When the 180 day mark hits, that place is toast. Kona Cafe is a great place, TS, too. You can order food at the Tambu Lounge, as well. That's what I did over Marathon weekend. Small menu, but very tasty.

ColleenG said:

Oooops, sorry. I'm up for Kona, as well. How about the other gals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter