• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Resident Winter Ticket Promotion (Updated Post #1)

Nice!!! My FIL wants to join us for a few days on our trip in February and this may help. Question though: he's a snow bird so he spends part time in FL and part in NJ and his license is a NJ. He owns his house in FL that he resides in FL so he still qualifies for this discount right? If so, this will be a great deal for him.

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

Was hoping for $99 or even $109, but I will take it =)

Does anyone know the expiration date? We will be using 3 days at the end of this month, but will have 1 day left for a day trip!~

Was hoping for $99 or even $109, but I will take it =)

Does anyone know the expiration date? We will be using 3 days at the end of this month, but will have 1 day left for a day trip!~
Read Post #1, updated four days ago.

I know these tickets are available for purchase online. Can they be bought at the resorts, as well as at the parks?

Thank you!

Due to demographic information having to be entered into the Automated Ticketing System for any Florida Resident Tickets, and not being able to interface the demographics from LILO (the Resorts computer system) to ATS, they can only be purchased at the parks (includes water parks, TTC, DTD, and Epcot International Gateway) If you purchase them online you receive a certificate/voucher/will-call reservation which must be exchanged for a live ticket at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Note this also applies to any level of Annual Pass, as well as the special Armed Forces Salute tickets.

Due to demographic information having to be entered into the Automated Ticketing System for any Florida Resident Tickets, and not being able to interface the demographics from LILO (the Resorts computer system) to ATS, they can only be purchased at the parks (includes water parks, TTC, DTD, and Epcot International Gateway) If you purchase them online you receive a certificate/voucher/will-call reservation which must be exchanged for a live ticket at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Note this also applies to any level of Annual Pass, as well as the special Armed Forces Salute tickets.

So I know these tickets do not expire until June 7th, but will they be available up until that date? I'm just wondering since my trip isn't until the end of May, and if it would be better to purchase the voucher online now or wait until I'm at the parks?

You are better off waiting until you get to the Park. Even if you got a voucher (or will-call) you would still have to go to a ticket booth to activate the Resident ticket.

It is not as if there is a limited number. These are available in ATS through June 6 and when you buy one it will be printed on the spot.

Does anyone know if we will be able to add these tickets to our KTTW? If this is possible, where in Disney can this be done? Thanks for your help.

Due to the difficulties of interfacing demographic information between systems, Resident, YES, and Armed Forces Salute tickets and any level of annual pass cannot be be processed at a Resort and cannot be added to the room key.

Cheshire Figment - I have a quick question sorta on target.......I have a Florida Resident 3 Park Pass that I've only used 1 day on, but used that September 1st. Can I use that to upgrade to a Florida Resident's Seasonal Pass & when would they say the start date was - the September 1st? or the day I upgrade? Trying to figure out which way to go. TIA.....E

This may sound crazy but, what if you went to one of the parks on one of the black out days on the tickets? Would they deny you entry, make you pay for a seperate ticket or an upgrade price? I am going to be there on that Saturday (3-23) and thought I would have that day to use. Now I don't know what to do!

Your ticket will not work in the turnstiles on a blockout date. On the Guest side it will say access denied and on the Greeter side it will indicate Invalid date.

The only way you could get into the park is to purchase a one day or longer ticket which is not blocked out.

Your ticket will not work in the turnstiles on a blockout date. On the Guest side it will say access denied and on the Greeter side it will indicate Invalid date.

The only way you could get into the park is to purchase a one day or longer ticket which is not blocked out.

Thank you so much. Moving my trip up so I can use the dates and get better rates! :)

Could you please explain what this means? Thanks in advance!
There are "regular" three and four day Resident tickets at certain prices. These special Discover Disney three and four day prices have different restriction and cost less.

If you upgrade the Discover Disney tickets to any level of AP you are only credited with the price you paid for them and not the higher value of a regular three or four day ticket.

There are "regular" three and four day Resident tickets at certain prices. These special Discover Disney three and four day prices have different restriction and cost less.

If you upgrade the Discover Disney tickets to any level of AP you are only credited with the price you paid for them and not the higher value of a regular three or four day ticket.

Okay, I understand. Thank you so much!

can i add the 4th day or the hopper option after a day is used on the ticket? like if on day 2 we decide we want to hop we can just add the option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter