2013 open for booking

2 questions.
1. How did your price come to $5771? 10% of $6763 is $676.30, which would bring your price to roughly $6087. I thought the same thing, but $5771 is what our conformation states we are paying for both cabins and $6763 is what I get when I go online and get a quote without the discount. Maybe we got lucky and got one of the "price glitches" that were happening this morning. :confused3

2. You mentioned Royal Caribbean. What ship and what ports?
I went on their website and punched in Feb 16th departure date to the Caribbean, I know it was a western but I don't remember the exact ports, but they were different than Disney's itinerary with the exception of Cozumel. I think one was their private island in Haiti? One might have been Jamaica. I was just trying to compare departure dates because that's when our kids have a week off school. I think it was Oasis out of Ft Lauderdale.

I will say this though, I wish DCL would give the ability to book two cabins at the same time for a family of 5 like rccl does. It made the booking (albeit fake booking) process a lot quicker. ;)

That was probably 10% off the booking price she wad quoted when she did onboard, not the current price.

I booked a dummy date when we were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and just moved it to the Feb Fantasy sailing 2013 this morning when bookings opened up.

I just moved our 12/1/2012 dummy 8C $2704.50 to 10/26/2013 7A $2734.90 on the Fantasy western caribbean.. 2 Adults with transfers, insurance, and 10% onboard booking discount.
We don't mind the obstructed view verandah, in fact we have 7680 on the Fantasy for our 5/19/2012 cruise eastern caribbean. We usually book navigators but the Dream and Fantasy don't have a navigator verandah.
I had to add a whopping $4.06 to my already paid deposit. 2013 is such a long way but I thought I'd book the Halloween cruise now just in case we don't book a med cruise for 2013.

I am not sure if this is in this post somewhere but it is national Cruise Sales Week. It is from the 17th to the 21st. Royal Caribbean looks like they have some good prices. I guess this is why Disney released their cruises.

I moved our dummy reservation to June 29th for an Eastern this morning at 6:30 am. I got a cat. 8B for 2 adults 1 child with insurance, no transfers for $ 5225.40. But looking at prices that other people got I am wondering if I should have tried for a larger room and would have gotten a lower price. I am getting frustrated looking at some of these great deals people have gotten. I just have to stop analyzing what other people paid and just be happy that I am on Disney :cool1:

Is it because it's a summer cruise? Or because that category was almost sold out?

(Stop analyzing! Stop analyzing! )

I just have to stop analyzing what other people paid and just be happy that I am on Disney :cool1:

That's exactly what I need to do! I booked this morning and I'm like, how did they get that price when I paid so and so. Oh well, 2013 will be our second and last Disney cruise, so I'd better just enjoy it while I can:confused3

Is everyone finding the pricing for 2013 being higher than 2012? I booked a dummy date in May for 9/2012 and the pricing my getting minus the discount is much higher that my dummy date. Almost has me thinking about keeping it.

I just moved our 12/1/2012 dummy 8C $2704.50 to 10/26/2013 7A $2734.90 on the Fantasy western caribbean.. 2Adults with transfers, insurance, and 10% onboard booking discount.
We don't mind the obstructed view verandah, in fact we have 7680 on the Fantasy for our 5/19/2012 cruise eastern caribbean. We usually book navigators but the Dream and Fantasy don't have a navigator verandah.
I had to add a whopping $4.06 do my already paid deposit. 2013 is such a long way but I thought I'd book the Halloween cruise now just in case we don't book a med cruise for 2013.

Is everyone finding the pricing for 2013 being higher than 2012? I booked a dummy date in May for 9/2012 and the pricing my getting minus the discount is much higher that my dummy date. Almost has me thinking about keeping it.

We went from Dec 2012 8C to Oct 2013 7A and the price was only $4.06 more for the higher category on the Fantasy.

I moved our dummy reservation to June 29th for an Eastern this morning at 6:30 am. I got a cat. 8B for 2 adults 1 child with insurance, no transfers for $ 5225.40. But looking at prices that other people got I am wondering if I should have tried for a larger room and would have gotten a lower price. I am getting frustrated looking at some of these great deals people have gotten. I just have to stop analyzing what other people paid and just be happy that I am on Disney :cool1:

Is it because it's a summer cruise? Or because that category was almost sold out?

I think it is because it is a summer cruise and none of the glitches showed up on that one, LOL. My TA said she booked mine this morning (she is sending me the full details later) and I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the prices too.

If it makes you feel better, I just priced it out for you again and the same thing (2a, 1c, insurance, no transfer) is showing as $5729 (so you already saved $500 :thumbsup2 ).

The meet thread for 6/29/13 is already set up. Come on over....

not a happy camper.....

I went online at about 9:10am EST (when I realized from the disboards that bookings opened!) got a price for 3/23 sailing for 5 (2a, 3k) in a 4C for 4326.35 no VPP/transfers. I immediately got on the phone since I have a dummy booking to transfer, wait time was 8 minutes, DCL picked up in 5 minutes. Told the agent what I was looking at and she quoted me something like $6400. I told her no, I'm looking at it for $4300! I refreshed my page and she was right...the price was now $6400. Really, DCL??? inside of 15 minutes the price went up 50%???? DCL agent thought it was a glitch, but I had prices for 4B, 4A, cat V (which was 5810.35 no VPP/transfers).

This is what I booked....... all with 10% off, OBC, NO VPP/transfers

2/16/13 (western)...President's Week
4D, 5pax , 2A, 3kids (12,10,8) $5462.30

3/23/13 (san juan)...Easter Break (I think!)
4C, 5pax, 2A, 3kids (12,11,8) $6551.65

8/17/13 (western)
8B, 5pax, 2A, 3kids (13,11,8) $6079.70

It doesn't really make sense.....only disboards people "knew" the release (I'm a TA and didn't know it would be today!), I was only on hold for 5 minutes and the same exact cruise itinerary for President's week in a 4D, OV WITH verandah is $600 less than during a week in August in an OV (NO verandah). AND if these are, lets say 3rd tier? pricing.....are you kidding me????

Just venting............

I just pulled up the 12/14/13 cruise again to see and it looks like they fixed it. It is show showing $945 and $861 for the kid's prices on the OOV room.

I checked on the cruise I booked, just to see, and the kids prices in OOV are cheaper than the 4B that we booked. But the adult prices are way higher so no deal on that one for us.

This is what I got.
b541b750.jpg

DCL definately fixed the pricing glitch for the additional guests. I'm glad I got mine put on hold when I did. Just faxed the transfer form to DCL so my TA can take over the ressie for us.

We booked an 8C on the same cruise (see you on the Meet!) - by early afternoon, there were no 8C rooms left.....

I think it is because it is a summer cruise and none of the glitches showed up on that one, LOL. My TA said she booked mine this morning (she is sending me the full details later) and I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the prices too.

If it makes you feel better, I just priced it out for you again and the same thing (2a, 1c, insurance, no transfer) is showing as $5729 (so you already saved $500 :thumbsup2 ).

The meet thread for 6/29/13 is already set up. Come on over....

joining u too....

I transferred one of our dummy dates to that at 8:15 am ET. It was $6300 with the 10% OBB for 2A2K [12, 14] for a cat 9A...so that cruise was just high from the beginning. The other date went to the 3/23 glitch priced cruise where I got a 5C for $3201. Not much debate about which one we are actually going to take and which one will be moved back again. ;)

I too waited to book because I thought opening day prices would be cheaper. I was sadly mistaken. We are "jumping ship" like a lot of you and heading over to another line for 2013. We will wait until the ships get a little "older" before sailing Disney.

Just changed my 7 night cruise from Galveston on the Magic to a 4 night cruise on the Dream for Jan 2 2013. DH didn't really want to go on the cruise next September, so instead I'm going to take my college girls on the Dream.

I got a Cat 10A inside cabin for about $2000 for the 3 of us...we could cruise somewhere else cheaper, but I love the Dream and I love Disney so it's a no brainer for us.

Posted on the pricing thread for Fantasy. Definately going through sticker shock right now. If you tried to book the Dream today the prices would be higher than booking the Fantasy now for the same cruise, so I guess we are still getting a "deal" so to speak ... but wow ... those prices are much higher than I anticipated.

Hoping we can manage to do this. Right now it is booked but we'll have to see if we can afford to keep it.

6/29 sailing for Eastern Caribbean. It will be a sea day on 7/4.

No cruise line sails to Alaska during the winter, so yes, the Wonder will have additional cruises elsewhere. Hawaii is so popular I'd be really surprised if they don't go there in 2013.

Mexico is having so much trouble with the drug cartels that cruise ships are becoming more cautious about sailing there. DCL is not sailing to Mazatlan these days, and Princess has stopped sailing to Puerto Vallarta.

True, Princess is not sailing currently to Puerto Vallarta - but they did add it back to the itinerary for November 2012 for both Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, providing they don't reconsider again.

not a happy camper.....

I went online at about 9:10am EST (when I realized from the disboards that bookings opened!) got a price for 3/23 sailing for 5 (2a, 3k) in a 4C for 4326.35 no VPP/transfers. I immediately got on the phone since I have a dummy booking to transfer, wait time was 8 minutes, DCL picked up in 5 minutes. Told the agent what I was looking at and she quoted me something like $6400. I told her no, I'm looking at it for $4300! I refreshed my page and she was right...the price was now $6400. Really, DCL??? inside of 15 minutes the price went up 50%???? DCL agent thought it was a glitch, but I had prices for 4B, 4A, cat V (which was 5810.35 no VPP/transfers).

This is what I booked....... all with 10% off, OBC, NO VPP/transfers

2/16/13 (western)...President's Week
4D, 5pax , 2A, 3kids (12,10,8) $5462.30

3/23/13 (san juan)...Easter Break (I think!)
4C, 5pax, 2A, 3kids (12,11,8) $6551.65

8/17/13 (western)
8B, 5pax, 2A, 3kids (13,11,8) $6079.70

It doesn't really make sense.....only disboards people "knew" the release (I'm a TA and didn't know it would be today!), I was only on hold for 5 minutes and the same exact cruise itinerary for President's week in a 4D, OV WITH verandah is $600 less than during a week in August in an OV (NO verandah). AND if these are, lets say 3rd tier? pricing.....are you kidding me????

Just venting............

The same thing happened to me. I had a 5D room for $3550 for 3/23 for 2A 2C, went through the process of signing in, enter everyones name etc, got to the final page for payment, put stateroom on hold (price was still $3550 on the final page) and as soon as i hit the book buttom, the price changed to $5400:scared1:

I called DCL, and i don't think she believed me, she kept asking me if i had priced it with the kids on there, was i sure it was a 5D stateroom? She also told me i was still getting a good deal, because the price had already gone up from what i booked at!

Oh well i guess no 2013 cruise for us!

With the bait-and-switch pricing, and outrageous prices... We are out! Looks like we won't be sailing the Fantasy at all. Oh well.

Hoping for something more reasonable from the Magic and the Wonder for 2013. If I'm going to have to spend that kind of money, then I'd rather go to the Med...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter