2013 MP Finalists and their supporters

Well, Hopefuls, I am off to MVMCP to drown my sorrows in hot cocoa. :santa:

I keep replaying my interview and thinking how insane I sounded. :crazy2: The process has been so much fun though! I have thoroughly enjoyed spending this time "with" you all. :grouphug:

lol, I keep replaying my interview, too! I'm seriously going to drive myself crazy with all the second-guessing :crazy2:

PLEASE stop back in to post all about your MVMCP experience! :santa: Those of us who live far from the Magic need to live vicariously through you! (I wonder how long the queue to meet the Dwarves will be this year....)

If I'm not invited to join the MP, at least I can look forward to my family's upcoming trip and MVMCP on 11/25. Can't wait to pick up some party pins and the special SotMK card! AND drown my sorrows in LeFou's Brew and a Dole Whip (or two)! :drinking1 But...wouldn't it be much nicer instead to be CELEBRATING having been chosen for the 2013 MP?!?!

Hang in there, girlfriends! We should definitely be hearing back by next Friday :listen:

Just popping in to say I'm still watching and waiting along with all our finalists!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now!! Best of luck to all of you!! Can't wait to see who makes it this year!!

Hey, there! I just have to join others here in saying I'm really surprised that neither you nor SAHDad made it to R3. I thought your video was awesome!!(BTW, my daughter's name is Isabella, too!) In fact, I haven't seen any DIS Dads on the R3 list. Really odd....

I know that historically they haven't accepted as many Dads as they have Moms on the Panel, but I really hope you'll try again next year!!

I think you are right. Maybe that R 3 email said the week of the 16th just to give them some extra wiggle room. Don't you wonder what they are doing today? I just picture this FBI room with everyones pictures and bios underneath; just like the way TV shows portray mob families or the victims of serial killers.
I'm guessing my imagination is getting the best of me, but I think I'd rather have that scenario than a coin flip or something. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle I would just love to know what it is!
Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Me too, although I know mine didn't go as I would of hoped.

Do you think they make their decision based on that telephone interview or do you think they look at our application as a whole plus video. I know my phone call wasn't great but I know my application as a whole was good.

Well, Hopefuls, I am off to MVMCP to drown my sorrows in hot cocoa. :santa:

I keep replaying my interview and thinking how insane I sounded. :crazy2: The process has been so much fun though! I have thoroughly enjoyed spending this time "with" you all. :grouphug:

Have a wonderful time Susy. I too have enjoyed chatting to you lovely ladies and what ever happens look forward to keeping in touch!!!

Do you think they make their decision based on that telephone interview or do you think they look at our application as a whole plus video. I know my phone call wasn't great but I know my application as a whole was good.

I sure hope they take into account our essays and video - and not just the phone interview - in their final decisions. Problem is, the phone interview is the last impression they have :scratchin

Actually, I would have much preferred an in-person interview. (And I would have been more than happy to fly down to WDW for said on-site interview and a spontaneous visit to the House of the Mouse!!)

This is going to be a L-O-N-G seven days ahead, isn't it? :hourglass:hourglass:

DisneyAgentK said:
I sure hope they take into account our essays and video - and not just the phone interview - in their final decisions. Problem is, the phone interview is the last impression they have :scratchin

Actually, I would have much preferred an in-person interview. (And I would have been more than happy to fly down to WDW for said on-site interview and a spontaneous visit to the House of the Mouse!!)

This is going to be a L-O-N-G seven days ahead, isn't it? :hourglass:hourglass:

I agree I would have preferred an in person interview also, there are just some things you can project better in person. I would have been more than happy for an impromptu visit to my happy place!!

The waiting is going to be hard, but everyday I'm closer to an answer. Then again maybe not knowing isn't such a terrible thing either.

Love the idea of an MP survivor t-shirt, too!

Even if I don't get the news I'm hoping for next week, I will still be able to rejoice in the fact that this has been an incredibly awesome journey! And I feel very fortunate to have met so many wonderful DIS friends! This is an outstanding community to be a part of, no matter what the final outcome for me this year :grouphug:

I've loved reading along with you guys...hey did I mention I used to DISign alot?
th_SurvivorMomsPanelEdition.png

OR if you want a bigger version:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/...eCrasher DISigns/SurvivorMomsPanelEdition.png
Just for y'all! Happy early Christmas!

Just got my rejection call from Laura.

Bummer, but better than waiting on pins and needles.

But GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING!!!! I'm sure they're calling the "No"s first!

Other years I think they asked the new panelists to hold their news until a certain time. Then everyone could give it out at the same time. So maybe other people have heard.

Here's hoping!:yay::yay::yay:

I am so excited for everyone -- hurry and post some good news. I am just as anxious as if I were in the running.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

(of course there is always the chance they made a mistake ....):rotfl:

Thinking about you guys. I got the "not this year" call 2 years ago- broke.my.heart.

Totally understand. Big hugs yall!!!! Fingers crossed for some good news!

Can't wait to hear everyone's news today! Wishing you all the best of luck!

For those of you who don't make it, lots of hugs. I got the "no" call last year, so I know how heartbreaking it is.

So quiet out there... this is a good thing!!!! Hoping you guys are sitting on your fingers waiting for the magic hour when you can spill the beans.

Just got my rejection call from Laura.

Bummer, but better than waiting on pins and needles.

Oh I'm sorry- I didn't mean to miss this. :( Big hugs. Been there myself- she's so kind about it, but it's soooo heartbreaking. :hug:

Tddalton2 I'm very sorry to hear your news. Embrace how special you are and the unique opportunity you were given to make it through to round 3.

Thinking of everyone awaiting their calls. Best wishes.

Thanks. Apparently they forgot to tell me to not say anything until 8pm. Oops! I think I threw Laura when I said Id make a last minute fill in if their runDisney person bails out.
I'm moving on. Shopping for a puppy instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter