• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 MP Finalists and their supporters

I still haven't received the email about contact info either :confused: Hmmm...what should we do?:rolleyes1

I'm giving it until tomorrow before reaching out to them. i'll let you know if i hear before that. :upsidedow

This is like a classic who-done-it movie! The suspense is killing me and I'm still unsure who's going to get it in the end!

All the very best for your R3 interviews.

This is great! I'll play along!

Right now my favorite character would be Giselle from Enchanted. She is so innocent and child-like, and truly sees the good in everyone. It's how I feel when I'm at Disney, like I can forget the real world and just be in a magical place where I can be a child again!

This response is probably skewed by the fact that I am watching Enchanted as I write this!

I think it's a fabulous answer! :thumbsup2

Oh were we supposed to write our answers? I thought we were supposed to just shout them out :laughing:

:rotfl::lmao:

I'm giving it until tomorrow before reaching out to them. i'll let you know if i hear before that. :upsidedow

The subject line in the email from Jennifer Wilkes read "WDW Moms Panel...Info Needed". I received the email at 1:56 PM yesterday (Wednesday). She said that they wanted to get all the telephone interviews for next week scheduled by the end of business Friday (tomorrow), so I would definitely try to contact her via Twitter.

Alright round 3'ers! It is time to eat your wheaties, drink plenty of fluids, and listen non-stop to Disney music. As one of your supporters, I am here to help (because, next year, I intend to join you on the panel!!!)

Each day I will post one or two questions that I would ask....please note, this is in no way a suggestion that these are the questions, but a way for you to practice answering off the cuff....SO, don't sit and think to hard, just answer from your heart:

Who is your favorite character, and why?

OK, I really hope all the phone interview questions will be this easy;)

My favorite character is Belle - like her, I am a bookworm but yearn for real-life adventures!

At each stage of this process, in each round, I never assumed that I would make it any farther - hoped, yes, but assumed, never! I always knew it was a LONG shot. Thousands of folks apply from all over the US, Canada, UK and less than 20 are chosen each year. It seems that for the 2013 MP Laura and her team have narrowed it down even more in R3 than in past years.

I am now starting to get nervous! I know that you can only ever just be yourself, but who knows what types of questions will be asked...and I don't want to say anything stupid! We have no landline service due to Sandy, so I can only pray my cell coverage doesn't fail and I don't miss THE call!!

I actually responded yesterday to Jennifer in the Disney PR Dept with my contact info from my father's hospital room. He had fallen at his home on Saturday before Sandy hit and so now I'm trying to coordinate everything with spotty cell phone coverage from his bedside. Yep, things couldn't be more crazy right now :sick:

I think longhorns asked for a roll call with specialty.

I applied for WDW.

Oh, and I forgot to add about my fave character Belle...what I love most about Belle is her intelligence, her courage and her pluck, but especially her willingness to sacrifice her happiness, her freedom and possibly even her life for her family (her father Maurice). And...she has the good sense to rebuff the braggart Gaston! Instead, she finds a real Prince worthy of her love :)

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I have been watching your previous threads with enthusiasm and the amount of encouragement and support between everyone is incredible.

My name is Louise Fox from the United Kingdom and I have, unbelievably, made it to Round 3. I felt unable to do anything at Round 2 as I was so sure I would not progress any further, although I knew it was an achievement in itself to get this far. To reach Round 3 is beyond any dream and have to say that I have not been able to concentrate on much since receiving the email. I am very nervous with the prospect of the telephone interview and I am trying very hard to not raise my hopes too high yet.

I would like to wish everyone that has made it to Round 3 all the very best of luck and I hope you progress to become a WDW Mom's Panelist.

Hip Hip Hooray! You are the only finalist I have seen from the UK.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of Round 3ers who have been lurkers. Maybe that was one of the qualifications this year?!?

By the way, I keep checking my email and that notice that they made a mistake and really want me has not arrived yet. Do you think I should try to contact someone?? :rotfl2:

Hip Hip Hooray! You are the only finalist I have seen from the UK.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of Round 3ers who have been lurkers. Maybe that was one of the qualifications this year?!?

By the way, I keep checking my email and that notice that they made a mistake and really want me has not arrived yet. Do you think I should try to contact someone?? :rotfl2:

That's funny 'cuz I keep checking MY email rather neurotically to make sure the R3 message is still there in my inbox and wasn't just some figment of my imagination!! :rotfl2:

I think a lot of us had been lurking because we were waiting to see how things would work out following R1.

I'm so excited to see two DISer finalists from Canada and another from the UK! I'm actually really surprised, though, not to see any other R3 finalists from my neck of the woods - no other R3 folks from the NYC metro area (or even NY State, PA or CT)?! What's up with that?

Ok , I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid, but has anyone actually scheduled their interview? I received and responded to the contact info email, but haven't heard anything since that!

Just chiming in here as a MP Round 3 supporter and to say congrats to all of you who are waiting for the phone interviews. How exciting!!

Nancy

MeffysMom said:
Ok , I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid, but has anyone actually scheduled their interview? I received and responded to the contact info email, but haven't heard anything since that!

Nothing today for me. Hopefully tomorrow :)

Alright round 3'ers! It is time to eat your wheaties, drink plenty of fluids, and listen non-stop to Disney music. As one of your supporters, I am here to help (because, next year, I intend to join you on the panel!!!)

Each day I will post one or two questions that I would ask....please note, this is in no way a suggestion that these are the questions, but a way for you to practice answering off the cuff....SO, don't sit and think to hard, just answer from your heart:

Who is your favorite character, and why?

I just love that you'll be posting 1 or 2 questions a day! Will really help to get us thinking and prepare for those interviews :goodvibes

I heard from Jennifer! :yay: Don't know what's wrong with my fruity email, but I never received any of her messages. She was able to email me back though. :confused3 Now, I can relax again. Thank you all for holding my hand through this. :grouphug:

I heard from Jennifer! :yay: Don't know what's wrong with my fruity email, but I never received any of her messages. She was able to email me back though. :confused3 Now, I can relax again. Thank you all for holding my hand through this. :grouphug:

yeah!,:yay: so glad to hear this!

You have crossed one more hurdle. Great!! :yay::yay:

(Maybe my mistake email, you know the one that says I really made it to round 3, got lost also.... :rotfl2: I have told you all that I am the hopeless optimist!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter