2013 last year for Osborne lights?

I loved seeing the lights and I am glad I got to see them twice!! Hopefully they will just be relocated in the park, but honestly, WDW is not a museum!! Attractions need to come and go so the parks can stay fresh and people want to keep coming back and see whats new! :goodvibes

The lights seem like the perfect thing to put at AK to draw people in the evenings and not disturb the animals. I could also see them as a draw for Disney Springs(aka DD) or the Boardwalk.

DH and I loved the lights at Epcot. Very disappointed when they went away. Love the Osbourne lights as well, but the "dancing" part could go away any time as far as I am concerned. But I agree with posters who say that if the Osbourne lights go away from DHS, what will be he holiday draw for DHS?? Gotta have something!!!

The 2013 IAAPA convention schedule is up on their website. Under facility tours, it has this listed:

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tour – Tuesday, November 19
Take a very special tour of Disney’s Hollywood Studio and follow the live entertainment production process from costume design to “lights out” at the end of the show. Small tour groups will visit attractions including Toy Story Midway Mania as well as the Creative Costuming department where Disney’s computer aided design process turns out thousands of costumes annually. The tour will also visit The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow and explore the making of this attraction. Finally, enjoy dinner and the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights - an awe-inspiring seasonal event featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music. Tour includes an exclusive back-of-house experience of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, hosted by members of the creative and production staff.​

If they are offering a behind the scenes tour, it seems likely that the lights will be back for this year

The 2013 IAAPA convention schedule is up on their website. Under facility tours, it has this listed:

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tour – Tuesday, November 19
Take a very special tour of Disney’s Hollywood Studio and follow the live entertainment production process from costume design to “lights out” at the end of the show. Small tour groups will visit attractions including Toy Story Midway Mania as well as the Creative Costuming department where Disney’s computer aided design process turns out thousands of costumes annually. The tour will also visit The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow and explore the making of this attraction. Finally, enjoy dinner and the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights - an awe-inspiring seasonal event featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music. Tour includes an exclusive back-of-house experience of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, hosted by members of the creative and production staff.​

If they are offering a behind the scenes tour, it seems likely that the lights will be back for this year

There have also been construction permits filed recently for the lights (which is normal around this time of year), do I have little doubt it will be back this year. Beyond this year is the question mark.

Disney has already moved the lights once--from the Backlot Residential Street, to Streets of America. It has to be such a huge draw for them. I would have a hard time imagining them walking away from that 8 weeks a year of huge crowds at The Studios. For me, it is more than a draw to The Studios. It is a huge part of what gets me to make that extra trip to WDW in early December. If this were to go away, I'd probably just come down for Food and Wine in October/November and then Flower and Garden in April/May. Maybe if they had to skip a year and then they'd be back up decorating Mos Eisley, or Route 66. We can hope they'll not be stupid about this.

I would have a hard time imagining them walking away from that 8 weeks a year of huge crowds at The Studios.

I agree with you and I sure hope that the lights will remain in WDW but... If the rumored expansion is to be true, I guess Disney will build on that expansion to have people come to HS... Of course, that doesn't mean that they have to get rid of the Lights.

I really hope this is not true!!! I've always wanted to see the lights and have yet to have the opportunity!!

How in the world did I miss this thread this summer. I just read a similar topic on Facebook and can not believe that Disney would make this year the last year for the lights. We now know the lights are on this year, has anyone gotten any updates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter