• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Heading back to HHI in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me how much the weekly member rate is for the bike rentals? For the life of me I can't remember. Thanks!

Pretty sure I just saw this on the sign yesterday. I believe it was $30 for length of stay.

Yay we get to go in sept can't wait to read all thru this thread.

Yes, $30 a week. If there is anything else you would like prices on, let me know. We leave tomorrow. I will take pics of the prices and the activities guide as well to post.

Hey -- I am celebrating my first post in about 5 years! We are going to be at Hilton Head from July 13-20! Can't wait! Disney Hilton Head is a great resort and I am hoping for good weather!

We are not going until October, but I am so excited about returning to HHI! We were planning on driving from Indiana, but I happened on a great deal on flight through Delta. saved over $275 from what flights have been running, so we get to spend more than 2 extra days in Hilton Head! Luckily I was able to ad on to the beginning of our stay, but I am wait listed for Friday night. Might go to Savannah if I can't get that extra night.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I'll have to catch up!

Has anyone done the Pirates BBQ? If so, what night of the week is it and can you tell me about the activities and food?

Thanks!

Is there a fitness center at HHI? It does not look as there is one, if there is not is there a fitness center near by?

Using up our Disney Rewards and booked Nov 27 - Dec 1 at Hilton Head. It will be our first time there. I'll be combing for ideas for Thanksgiving dinner!

Is there a fitness center at HHI? It does not look as there is one, if there is not is there a fitness center near by?

There sure is. It's right next to Tide Me Over (the quick service dining location) and the store. On the second floor by the pool. In fact, we were watching someone do sit-ups while we scarfed down our Mickey waffles. :P

Has anyone done the Pirates BBQ? If so, what night of the week is it and can you tell me about the activities and food?

Thanks!

It's on Tuesday night (at least it was last week)... We didn't pay for the buffet, but were at the pool while it all was going on. There were some games that we could've played but our kids were too busy swimming. Not sure what they were exactly. Then they had a big dance party on the pool deck. Just being there was a lot of fun!

Check out this TR... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2747624
It's a couple years old, but I read this one through a few times before we went. He mentions the party at one point.

There sure is. It's right next to Tide Me Over (the quick service dining location) and the store. On the second floor by the pool. In fact, we were watching someone do sit-ups while we scarfed down our Mickey waffles. :P

Thank you, I looked at the info for the resort and did not see anything mentioned.

-The pool is hoppin' on Tuesday nights! We didn't "technically" do the pirate party (b/c we didn't pay for the buffet), but the pool party and night slide were awesome - and free! Our kids (ages 2,4,8) had a great time. The cast members at the pool and Broad Creek Rentals are amazing and very fun.
-One Hot Mama's has some of the best BBQ ever. It's about 3 miles away right on the main road. Got there around 5:15 and sat right down with a party of 5. Looked to be a bit more crowded when we were leaving.
-Our kids enjoyed making Mickey tie-dye shirts on Wednesday afternoon down by the pool.
-We grabbed some fried chicken at Publix and ate dinner down at the beach house one night. Nice to go at that hour. There was nobody there and the beach was quite empty. Also, on this very hot week, the early evening sun was much more tolerable than morning or noon.
-It was HHHOOOOOOTTTT and humid.
-The Big Dipper pool slide is awesome. Our 8yo did it no less than 100 times.
-The Funny Bunny Hunt was moderately fun, but I think our kids were a little bored with it. It didn't help that it was 100 degrees out.

!

Thank you for all the tips and information, we will be there next week!!! What is the funny bunny hunt? I definately plan to try One Hot Mama's. I will try to get us there for 5:15 like you did. Our DD can't wait to do the mickey shirts. Was it too humind to watch the movies at night?

. We did the Old Town Trolley Tours which was pretty highly recommended. I thought they were pretty good but we didn't get to experience much of the city with the rain. I wouldn't suggest it with young children. There just wasn't enough to keep them interested.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is tour we were thinking of doing next Friday:thumbsup2

Mickey Waffles...I guess we will have to plan on having breakfast their one morning. I was planning on us having breakfast in the room everyday but Mickey Waffles are a must for our DS!! He can't wait to have a Mickey Bar.

Using up our Disney Rewards and booked Nov 27 - Dec 1 at Hilton Head. It will be our first time there. I'll be combing for ideas for Thanksgiving dinner!

You'll love Thanksgiving at HHI! This will be our 8th Thanksgiving there.

We were there last week. The first two days had comfortable weather, but the last two days were very hot and humid. We spent our days relaxing while our DS17 and DS15 fished at the pier. The guys did a fishing charter with Captain Miles on the Bayrunner on Tuesday, and my DS15 caught a 46 lb. cobia! They had a lot of fun. They mostly caught sharks from the pier but caught a rather large redfish one night.

We were in Building 31. It was by far the best location we have had! The marsh views were beautiful, and we had a great view of the pier where our kids hung out. Love this location!!!

We ate at a lot of places while we were there. We tried Sea Shack for the first time. It was by far the best!!! We called in an order at 2:30 for a late lunch, so there was no line. We ordered a couple of Shak Attacks to share which included fried fish, scallops, shrimp, oysters, and a crab cake. Awesome!!! We will definitely eat there again next time! We also ate at the Skull Creek Boathouse again, this time for lunch. It was delicious as usual. Lunch was much more reasonably priced. We tried Low Country Backyard for the first time. We went for dinner so that it might be a little cooler, but it was still so humid we couldn't enjoy our meal. Not sure if they do take-out, doubt it, but it would be great if they did. I'd love to take their great food back to the resort and eat in air-conditioning! We all ordered something different, and I tried each entree. I have to say the best was the Island Crab Cakes! The shrimp and grits were good as was the meatloaf. I ordered the Bischick (fried chicken over a biscuit covered in gravy). I thought it was too salty, which didn't go well with the heat and humidity we were sitting in. I ended with a banana pudding dessert, which was fabulous! We went to Dye's Gullah Fixin's again for the lunch buffet. It was delicious as usual, but I think next time we will do some take-out items and eat at the resort. I think it will be cheaper this way than paying $16/person for one meal. We ate at the Old Oyster Factory for the first time. I was not impressed, but everyone else liked it. Probably the place we will skip next time is the Black Marlin. We ate there the first night, and everyone thought it was just ok. Not good enough to go back to though.

We had a great trip and can't wait to go back! I think it's my favorite place on earth (even better than WDW)!

Yes, there is a small one next to Tide Me Over and the Community Hall. Just a few machines.

Just left yesterday morning after a lovely weekend! Split our stay between a weekend at Disney's HHR and the Westin on the beach - best of both worlds! The weather is awesome - nice and toasty today. Best of all - no rain so far.

We are in an ocean front room at Westin. The hotel is beautiful since the renovation, but I still prefer the laid back atmosphere at the Disney villa. It's also easier to walk onto the beach at Disney since they installed the beach mat coming out of the garage area.

Just in case anyone is interested, the souvenir I bought were a couple of Tervis tumblers with Shadow and Mickey out fishing.

Just became the proud owner of HHI points after my wait list came through:cool1: Can't wait to book my June vacation for my DS and DD's college graduation trip.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter