2013 Free Dining Watch

I think things are winding down, what a day it's been and I've been posting answers to questions everywhere.

Whew.... :crazy2:

Question sorry if I missed the answer. Is may 9 general public or just Visa card holders? When can general public call ?

I've already booked a few months ago for sept 2013. Do u think my rate will change besides the upgrade fee? Staying at pop. Once I call and adjust my trip with free dining.

If you are waiting until the 2nd to pick up your tickets, you must do it at check in for you package stay. If you go to DTD on the 1st, you can do early ticket pick up (info in the sticky thread I mentioned above). Either way you will need to check out and back in on the 2nd, so you might as well wait until then to get your tickets. As it is now, package tickets can be picked up up to 3 days prior to the date of your package stay at any guest relations window (but not actually on the day your package starts. For that day, you must get them at check in). No one knows if this will still be true once the magic bands take effect, though.

Thanks smitch! :thumbsup2

Ok I need help from the pros! We've booked our Dworld trip hoping for free dining and are checking in just TWO DAYS before the promo starts ugggg! We are hard pressed to change our dates so I've come up with what I hope will work.

So here are my thoughts, please chime in and let me know if you think this will work.

Original Plan: Check in August 31-Check out September 7. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Spend 5 days in the parks, 1 day at universal, and 1 rest day going to Cirque that night.

Modified plan to take advantage of FD: Cancel existing reservation and create 2 separate reservations. Check in Aug. 31- Check out Sept. 1 Book hotel only at Port Orleans Riverside. Check in Sept. 2 and begin package that would include free dining.

I know we might have to switch rooms, but I think our savings with FD would be worth it. Thoughts?

Ok I need help from the pros! We've booked our Dworld trip hoping for free dining and are checking in just TWO DAYS before the promo starts ugggg! We are hard pressed to change our dates so I've come up with what I hope will work.

So here are my thoughts, please chime in and let me know if you think this will work.

Original Plan: Check in August 31-Check out September 7. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Spend 5 days in the parks, 1 day at universal, and 1 rest day going to Cirque that night.

Modified plan to take advantage of FD: Cancel existing reservation and create 2 separate reservations. Check in Aug. 31- Check out Sept. 1 Book hotel only at Port Orleans Riverside. Check in Sept. 2 and begin package that would include free dining.

I know we might have to switch rooms, but I think our savings with FD would be worth it. Thoughts?

I think for free dining you mean check out on Sept. 2 and check back in on the 2nd...because if you checked out on the 1st, you'd not have a room that night.

Sorry, it's been a long LONG day...LOL.

Sounds good to me except it needs to be the 2nd, not the 1st. Could you do your Universal day on the Sept. 1 so you don't have to mess with picking up your package tickets early? Or will you want them for arrival night, too?

ETA: BTW, :welcome:

I don't think i'v been excited since hubby sayed I could start planning our first trip this so tops every Xmas i'v ever had I just hope I can get that present .

Black562 you're right haha it has been a long day. I did mean checking out and back in on the 2nd.

Smitch425 that's that I'm thinking. Check in 31st (we don't get in until late), Sunday the first go to Universal. Monday check out/check in get our package tickets and go to Cirque that night. Spend the next 4-5 days in the parks.

Do you guys think I should make the change now or wait for the release? Will Disney give me a hard time because I'm kind of working the system?

Black562 you're right haha it has been a long day. I did mean checking out and back in on the 2nd.

Smitch425 that's that I'm thinking. Check in 31st (we don't get in until late), Sunday the first go to Universal. Monday check out/check in get our package tickets and go to Cirque that night. Spend the next 4-5 days in the parks.

Do you guys think I should make the change now or wait for the release? Will Disney give me a hard time because I'm kind of working the system?

You are not working the system girl you are being smart!! It makes total sense and no CM should give you a hard time. ;)

You could make the change now so it will be quicker to apply the discount to just the package later. Disney knows people do split stays to take advantage of deals. Many CMs will even suggest that you do it. They should not give you any trouble at all. Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter