2013 Free Dining Watch

Okay a few questions...
1. If I book a room now, can I add the free dining promo once it comes out?
2. If I plan on going from Sept 25-30 will I get free dining for the duration? And does check in and check out dates count as a day for dining credits? If so we would get 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 snack credits per person for the regular dining plan correct?
3. If it happens to not come out, or if we have to cancel for whatever reason, do you lose your deposit or any money you have paid so far?

As of now, you could pick them up on the 1st at any guest relations office. Why would you not check in until evening? You should go to the desk first thing in the morning and ask if you can keep your room. If they say yes, just checkout and back in and they will give you your tickets then. If the say no, you can give them your luggage and checkout and back in and that way you will still get your tickets and they can call or text you when your room is ready. If you decide to go this route, have them link the two reservations together and remind them when you arrive that you have a package booked for the following day. This will aid you in trying to keep the same room. For more info on early package ticket pickup, check post #15 section I of the ticket sticky at the top of the Theme Parks and Strategies forum. This will only work for getting your tickets on the 1st. You could not pick them up on the 2nd without physically checking in.

Our plan was to arrive late afternoon sun, sep 1. We will prob still do this and just hang at the hotel, Downtown Disney, etc with a room only booked for sep 1. We would start the package on sep 2, so assuming we hopefully don't have to check out of our room, I would pick up the tickets that morning. Or even if we do, we would pick them up that morning, sep 2 when our package starts. Isn't that our only option?

Okay a few questions...
2. If I plan on going from Sept 25-30 will I get free dining for the duration? And does check in and check out dates count as a day for dining credits? If so we would get 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 snack credits per person for the regular dining plan correct?
3. If it happens to not come out, or if we have to cancel for whatever reason, do you lose your deposit or any money you have paid so far?

1)Yes
2)Yes
3)not as long as you cancel within the stated number of days before your vacation. I am drawing a blank how many days that is right now, i am sure someone else will know.

My dates are Sept. 25-Oct. 5, 10 nights

Pop Century (Fall Season - Sept. 15-Oct.10)
-Sunday-Thur. $108/per night
-Fri.-Sat. $128/per night

CBR (Value 1 Season - Aug. 18-Sept. 26)
-Sun.-Thur. $162
-Fri.-Sat. $177

CBR (Regular 2 Season - Sept. 27-Oct.10)
-Sun.-Thur. $188
-Fri.-Sat. $213

Pop 10 nights - $1140 + $720 upgrade = $1860

CBR 10 nights - $1903

Upgrade $43

(All of my rates are from the DIS 2013 resort rates page. I did not actually enter my dates into the WDW website. Not sure why that would make a difference, though.)

I think it is a difference in what we see. For the dates selected it shows the least expensive room at CBR being a total of $2199.34 for 3 adults and one child with no tickets. The cheapest room at POP for your dates shows $1395 without tickets. The amount to upgrade shows $569 so it does come up different. POP total being $1964 vs CBR $2199 or $235 difference... which still isn't much when you think in terms of Disney money so having the nicer resort might make more of the difference for ya!

Okay a few questions...

On your 2nd question, your check out day does not count. It is the number of nights you are staying, so you would actually only get 5 TS, CS and snacks.

Okay a few questions...

1. Yes, but there's not really an advantage to booking now, as opposed to release day.

2. As long as you check in by the last day of a FD promo, you can have the FD discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights. Your dining credits are allotted by the number of nights at your resort and your dining credits are activated the moment you check in and are good until midnight on the day you check out. Quick service is included with value resorts and the regular dining plan is included at mods and deluxe resorts.

3. No. You can put down a $200 minimum deposit and as long as you cancel at least 45 days before check in, your deposit is totally refundable.

Okay a few questions...

1.yes
2. no, you get them for each night that you are there not day.So 5 ts meals, 5 qs meals....
3 you get a full refund before 45 days. After 45 you charged $200 I think unless you change your dates and then they usually roll it over for you.

Okay a few questions...

No you would get 5TS, 5 QS and 5 snacks it goes by number of resort nights you are staying so if you check in on the 25th that night counts but check out day does not since you are not staying that night. Hope that helps :upsidedow

Our plan was to arrive late afternoon sun, sep 1. We will prob still do this and just hang at the hotel, Downtown Disney, etc with a room only booked for sep 1. We would start the package on sep 2, so assuming we hopefully don't have to check out of our room, I would pick up the tickets that morning. Or even if we do, we would pick them up that morning, sep 2 when our package starts. Isn't that our only option?

If you are waiting until the 2nd to pick up your tickets, you must do it at check in for you package stay. If you go to DTD on the 1st, you can do early ticket pick up (info in the sticky thread I mentioned above). Either way you will need to check out and back in on the 2nd, so you might as well wait until then to get your tickets. As it is now, package tickets can be picked up up to 3 days prior to the date of your package stay at any guest relations window (but not actually on the day your package starts. For that day, you must get them at check in). No one knows if this will still be true once the magic bands take effect, though.

Probably be a room discount come out later for the last week of August.

Is it normal to announce a discount period later (sept), and then go announce a discount for earlier dates later (aug)? Did that make sense? I wonder if Disney wants to see if they get a bunch of cancellations before deciding in the late Aug discount? Seems strange to leave it out. I'd be sorry for no savings but love lower crowds.

Is it normal to announce a discount period later (sept), and then go announce a discount for earlier dates later (aug)? Did that make sense? I wonder if Disney wants to see if they get a bunch of cancellations before deciding in the late Aug discount? Seems strange to leave it out. I'd be sorry for no savings but love lower crowds.

It would not be unheard of for them to come out with a room discount in a few weeks that will cover mid to late August through fall dates. They offer deep discounts like free dining simply to fill resort rooms, they must have a higher than normal occupancy rate this year for mid to late August. It would still be very unusual to not have a room discount for those dates.

Thanks everyone :) Can you upgrade to the regular dining plan if you book a value? I really want to stay at the LM rooms at AOA but I know in the past they havent been included.

Who is Danny? Is his word gospel? Just wondering and a little disappointed if FD is only for September.

Thanks everyone :) Can you upgrade to the regular dining plan if you book a value? I really want to stay at the LM rooms at AOA but I know in the past they havent been included.

Yes you can always pay to upgrade, Disney never turns down your money :-)

If by chance those LM rooms are included, I would think they would be VERY limited - call first thing and have a back up resort in mind.

Who is Danny? Is his word gospel? Just wondering and a little disappointed if FD is only for September.

Danny is a poster with some sort of connection. He only posts when he knows 100% that the deal is coming. Take him at his word. He has been spot on with everything he has posted for the last two years.

Has had accurate "insider" information for the past 2 years. I believe he has a friend or family member who works for Disney corporate that leaks information to him and he shares it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter