Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.
I have a bounceback offer with regular free dining at POR, hope this helps.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Hmmmmm.......so I hear there is a big press release coming on April 25 as part of the 'Monstrous Summer' promotion that will introduce plans to add two MORE ships to the DCL fleet and/or major rehab on the Wonder and/or Magic. Wonder if this would affect and/or delay the likelihood of a late summer discount? Thoughts?
Thanks so much! I'm feeling better after reading all the discussion too! Just need the official word! Like everyone else here!
You're welcome no problem! Good luck to all of you here waiting!:
I don't think it should. The cruise is separate from the parks. Cruise runs deals at different times.
I was on the Magic last May and the crew mentioned a major rehab after it leaves the US. As far as more ships being introduced, that would be great.
Those are incredible prices from NY. I'm paying $300 to fly out of JFK on August 24th and my friends who waited a month after me are paying $448.
southwest- out of Islip Log Island - they still are that price -- I am booking my flights today
I don't know how many people typically book their Disney reservations (Package or Room only) prior to Discounts being posted, but you would assume if Disney sees an uplift in reservations for a time period, they would likely reduce any Offers since the benefit becomes minimal and they run risk of existing reservations converting to plan. I also made reservations for end of October so I could book ADR fro whole trip and get room preference, but am hoping for some substantial discount to come out.
Well, I broke down and made a couple of ADRs. They WILL be cancelled if free dining isn't offered so the whole ADR experience just made me sad today. Much tougher to plan out these special meals and experiences and then cancel them than to have never made them at all. But the panic of not getting any decent bookings should we actually be so lucky as to get FD finally got to me.
Yep. Same here. Last time I wasn't able to get the room view I wanted and reservations were limited in some restaurants. As I said, my concern is that everyone is now doing this since Disney policy on cancellations is so lenient- allowing full refund up thru 45 days. That's probably a strategic move on Disneys part to get a feel for interest when evaluating offers.
You guys do not be sad.. Think positively about your trips, plan, etc! Come on people I know it's hard to wait but think optimistically..Remember, historically for Aug/Sept dates the FD offer has been offered as late as June. So don't be sad. Also, I do not believe people booking rooms will deter the FD offer to come. I also think it is better to book your ADR's now then when free dining does comes, and most desired restaurants have been booked!
Things will be ok.
I keep seeing these prices whilst my husband is set on driving. I just looked at Jetblue $945 for 5 of us.
Even though Islip is 10 minutes from us, the price to fly southwest, with parking for a week at Islip is more than Jetblue + LIRR + the Airtrain..
I don't think that ADRs (aka dining res.) have ANY bearing on anything. It's hotel ressies that might affect things.
I always recommend making your ADRs as early as possible. They won't have anything to do with whether there is a sale or not.
I think many people are confusing the terminology for the two. ADR refers to dining only.
Agreed. FD is offered and paid for by the hotels. The restaurants have no part in it except to accept the credits in exchange for a meal. When the resorts are not showing a certain occupancy, an offer is made to entice the public. FD is the most attractive since people can justify not staying on property to save on the price of a room, but everyone has to eat, so they take advantage.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Im not talking about Dining reservations, Im referring to the number of people that have booked Rooms/Packages with hopes of getting FD. I made my Room only reservation so I could book all Dining at $180 out for trip. As I read thru the thread on FD - it was obvious that many, many people are booking in hopes of FD - so if this is a higher volume than in past - it could impact what level of offer goes out - and more likely the number of available rooms under this offer. Im going regardless and booked my airfare - so heres to hoping for something.
We just booked JetBlue this week from LGA to MCO for $262.80 each 10/19-10/24. It actually jumped up a bit from last week when I first checked - shoulda booked then! but I still think we got a pretty good deal. We're in Manhattan and prefer a cab to/from the airport vs the subway + airtrain since we're leaving at the crack of dawn! The cab fare to LGA is metered and much lower than the set price to JFK, but either way I think the prices for both airports were close.
This has been said before and Disney knows MOST will NOT cancel . Also remember my BB back on December 6th that was cut short as I was told because of an overwhelming response ! If a lot are holding res along with BB and England there may be no reason to offer free dining. CM's do get confused. Example my BB I was told Value and Moderate both got CS which later was not true from other posts here .....
When we looked at Coronado Springs for the last week of August, we found that the latter half of the week has been completely booked by people in town for a mustang convention. Could this effect FD in any way, and ,on a side note, should we be on the lookout for a FD offer by the end of April?
I do not believe they do not offer FD because of people holding room reservations. People have been doing this every year and they still have offered FD!
I agree...I still don't think it's a good idea to book a reservation before the sale, BUT...I have been in on free dining discussions ever since 2005...and believe me when I say...EVERY year we have the EXACT same discussions. Will there be FD? When will they announce it? What dates will it cover?
ETC., ETC., ETC.
They WILL have a discount for September, and it will probably be announced by May 1st (my best guess).
But there is no need to panic...things are exactly as they have been in the rumor mill since 2005...and things always turn out ok.
Separate names with a comma.