2013 Free Dining Watch

Since someone mentioned booking ADRs, please correct me if I am wrong: We can book our ADRs at 180 days out if we have an existing reservation on a Disney property. We can book ADRs for our *length of stay* right?

So, I plan to arrive at Disney on September 13th. 180 days before September 13th is March 17th. On March 17th I can book dining reservations for September 13th-21st, yes? Or do I have to call back on March 18th to book September 14th, March 19th to book September 15th, etc?

Since someone mentioned booking ADRs, please correct me if I am wrong: We can book our ADRs at 180 days out if we have an existing reservation on a Disney property. We can book ADRs for our *length of stay* right?

So, I plan to arrive at Disney on September 13th. 180 days before September 13th is March 17th. On March 17th I can book dining reservations for September 13th-21st, yes? Or do I have to call back on March 18th to book September 14th, March 19th to book September 15th, etc?

You will be allowed to book your arrival days plus the 10 upcoming days. In the past this worked directly in the online system - for the moment the system does not know the 10 day rule.. So in this case you have to call at your 180 day mark and can book your whole length of stay (provided it is shorter than 11 days :-) ).
We just did that last week, called directly 10 seconds before 7 am and were moved directly to an agent - so not even a minute on hold - and got all ADR's that we wanted!

mommy3 said:
Just an FYI too, some people (including myself) have only been able to book the first days ADR's on the website but nothing beyond that - it's not recognizing that we are staying onsite and get the +10 days to book. I had to wait and call at 7am, then was on hold for 45 minutes. I know some people had luck trying it on different apps (I tried it on my ipad vs. the laptop but it still didn't work, so ended up having to call). Good luck!

That's got to be it. Ugh. Thanks for the heads up

I just took a peak at the website. my vacation starts sept 7th, but the calendar only had through the 3 or 4th of sept highlighted? :confused3

Tomorrow is march 7th I should be able to book my first day of dining?

why arent they releasing park hours yet for sept.

I guess Im just impatient. I will feel much better if FD is announced too.

The online booking isn't recognizing 180+10, but the automated phone system is up and running, plus I had a really helpful CM the other day.
Here's an ADR booking calculator for anyone that needs it.
http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

It's telling me I can't book til the 10th. I can't call. Have to go to work. I will call when I have some extra time. I am worried about Ohana. Everything else no biggie.

Dates are off on new site for the 180 days.
People that use the old site are having luck with the 180 + 10
That's what did !

I wonder if I could do this by my iPhone do you think I don't have an iPad just a laptop and it was the new site on the laptop

Ahhh.......thank you! It worked perfectly! :goodvibes
Hope it's still working in a few weeks when I get to my 180 mark! :cool2:

The Waiting and anticipation is killing me :) I just want to know what the next offer will be (Hopefully Free dining in September) When we booked FD in 2011 i believe by this time of year it already had been released for the fall!

Usually free dining in the US follows UK dining offers.

For summer of 2013 here I. The UK we have had three offers. Back in August we had free dining offered with QS for the moderate hotels and full dining for the luxury resorts with $200 dollar gift card, we had to book by Nov 13.

The we had another offer. QS only for moderators and luxury resorts plus $100 and then this was offered again.

So it looks like you may only get offered QS for all types of resort if it follows usual UK patterns. We will see, but it looks like Disney is reeling in the benefits of free dining no matter what level of resort you book at.

The only difference I ever see, is that those who wait to book the US offers can book the value resorts and get QS, those of us I. The UK have never been offered free dining with value resorts, unless we book with Disney USA in the spring .

I'm about to book our package!
I was waiting for the promotions but I missed one "minor" detail. September is off season for Disney but that week is school break here in Panama. I started calling about my plane tickets and had to buy what was left. Which meant moving my dates and DD is going to miss school on Friday right before the break.
Now my mom is freaking out that we won't get a room in Disney and won't have a place to stay LOL.
I'll call this afternoon when I finish working :cool1:
I'm still hoping for FD and will try to add it to the package if it's ever released :thumbsup2

My family is going Sept 15-21 this year. Should we go ahead and book our room and then add on the package with free dining or wait until they "hopefully" offer FD?princess::lovestruc:wave2::wave2:

My family is going Sept 15-21 this year. Should we go ahead and book our room and then add on the package with free dining or wait until they "hopefully" offer FD?princess::lovestruc:wave2::wave2:

The theory goes that if everyone books without it, Disney won't need to offer it.
If you book a room, you might need to change resorts or room preference (standard, preferred) if a sale breaks, because your room type/resort might not be available for the sale.

So...it might not matter if you book or not, but I'm firmly in the camp of if everyone books without a sale, Disney has no incentive to HAVE a sale.

Log into your account on the new website, then go to My Disney Experience, then click on Customized maps. It will take you to the old website. It works on a desktop or a laptop.

You can get to the old site this way, but I'm not sure how you're able to make reservations on the old site. All links from there appear to direct to the new Disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter