2013 Free Dining Watch

just to throw speculation to the wind there BUT I called yesterday to add a night to the beginning of our January trip (God Willing :) ) and the wonderful CM on the other end of the phone said "make sure you keep watch for specials that might be popping up soon that might save you some real money!" --- so maybe we'll see some "free dining" in January? :confused3 :cool1: Here's hoping for "pure magic all wrapped up in pixie dust" pixiedust:

This is hopeful news!!:cheer2: fingers crossed!:yay:

This is hopeful news!!:cheer2: fingers crossed!:yay:

Not so hopeful. :rotfl: The post you quoted was from last summer. There was no free dining offered for THIS January, which is when the poster was referring to. They did offer the stay, play dine offer, though. Not as good as free dining, but at least they offered something. :goodvibes

A couple of you asked what my flyer said. Sorry for the delay, I'm new to this board and still trying to figure it all out.

We received this flyer because our first and only trip was in September 2011...so they are trying to get us to come back that same time of year. Of course, back then, we had free dining!

In this flyer they are also telling me about the New Fantasyland that has been added since our last visit, which goes to the point a previous poster made that the new Fantasyland may be responsible for drawing people to the park this year and they may not need to offer free dining as an incentive. hmmmm....

It is offering:

Stay in the middle of the magic in September at Select Disney Resort hotels

$113/night at Disney Value Resort for standard room for stays most Sunday thru Thursday 9/14/13-9/30/13

$181/night at Moderate Resorts - same time

$279/night at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge only) - same time

Then it tells about the benefits of staying on property...Extra magic hours, Magical Express Transportation, complimentary transportation.

We did go ahead and book our September trip - but we are staying at a non-Disney on property resort for less than the Value Resort offer they made.

A couple of you asked what my flyer said. Sorry for the delay, I'm new to this board and still trying to figure it all out.

We received this flyer because our first and only trip was in September 2011...so they are trying to get us to come back that same time of year. Of course, back then, we had free dining!

In this flyer they are also telling me about the New Fantasyland that has been added since our last visit, which goes to the point a previous poster made that the new Fantasyland may be responsible for drawing people to the park this year and they may not need to offer free dining as an incentive. hmmmm....

It is offering:

Stay in the middle of the magic in September at Select Disney Resort hotels

$113/night at Disney Value Resort for standard room for stays most Sunday thru Thursday 9/14/13-9/30/13

$181/night at Moderate Resorts - same time

$279/night at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge only) - same time

Then it tells about the benefits of staying on property...Extra magic hours, Magical Express Transportation, complimentary transportation.

We did go ahead and book our September trip - but we are staying at a non-Disney on property resort for less than the Value Resort offer they made.

I THINK those are rack rates, so just a promotional flyer, not a discount. Bummer. [The value price actually seems high.]

Edited to add: It might actually be a slight discount. I didn't realize prices were so high for that time of year.

Values are $100 a night standard rack rate in September so that figure looks like it includes tax. But you're right, it's not a discount, much less free dining.

Not to rain on anyone's parade for those still hoping for FD, but my wife and I officially canceled ressies :sad2: We simply cannot afford an onsite trip without the meal deal. 4-day Las Vegas trip here we come!

I'm sure we will not be the last to pull the trigger on this. But the fact that there has been no FD to date this calendar year leaves me little hope for the rest of the year.

Good luck to those holding out! See ya for the 2014 watch!

I've been booking the last 10 years (maybe a little less) and historically end of march beginning of April is when they announce free dining. Don't hold out hope yet. It's not even march.

I've been booking the last 10 years (maybe a little less) and historically end of march beginning of April is when they announce free dining. Don't hold out hope yet. It's not even march.

According to Mousesavers, FD was announced on March 1 last year for Visa cardholders for stay dates between 8/25 and 9/29. The offer was released to the general public on March 5. :)

The CM I talked to yesterday said he didn't know what or when the next discount would be, but the current one ends March 7, and that most likely the new one would be announced then.
If they don't overlap, and they follow the pattern of Visa holders on Monday, and GP on THurs., that would be the 11th and 14th.
If they overlap, which is possible, it would be the 4th and the 7th.
Though, they could throw a curve ball and again and go with a totally different date.
Last years' dates were the earliest they ever offered free dining.
I think one of the years before was May.
[2005 was June or July...first time FD was offered. Most of the other years were April.]

According to Mousesavers, FD was announced on March 1 last year for Visa cardholders for stay dates between 8/25 and 9/29. The offer was released to the general public on March 5. :)

If that's true those holding end of August and begining of September will have problems with making reservations like Be our Guest!

If that's true those holding end of August and begining of September will have problems with making reservations like Be our Guest!

Why ? You can always make a reservation and then cancel it later in case you don't want to go there without FD.....:confused3

Why ? You can always make a reservation and then cancel it later in case you don't want to go there without FD.....:confused3

Look at the reservation board for BOG ! Disney by NOT putting them in the system the past few days are creating what I call the " want factor".
If your not there when they decide to release the dates, zip their gone !:confused3

I am paying for the dining plan, if it isn't free, so I too will book my ADRs on my 180 day mark. If you are planning on less ADRs or no ADRs, if free dining is not released, then you can book extra for now and cancel once the offer is released.

I have never used the DDP before. We are waiting and hoping for FD for our trip on Sept. 28th-Oct.5th 2013. I keep checking on their website to see any new offers. The current offer says it ends March 7th. Does that mean a new offer will be announced soon?....Maybe FD? I really hope they offer FD for our dates:goodvibes

The new offer should come out shortly after the current offer expires, later that week or the next. Hoping for FD in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter