2013 Free Dining Watch

Maybe those of you that are still seeing a free dining offer listed need to clear your browser's cache? :confused3

Not sure why that matters. The offer runs until Dec 13. We are not seeing an old offer. As for the website, I was on Disneyparks.com .

Not sure why that matters. The offer runs until Dec 13. We are not seeing an old offer. As for the website, I was on Disneyparks.com .

The offer was valid for bookings until december 20th (after they extended those dates), but the trip had to be booked until September 29th, which is why that offer is now gone and only the Room-only offer remains (that one is valid until October 31st for bookings until December 22nd).

Let's all wish for FD to be revealed soon! pixiedust:

I even followed the booking engine and it showed free dining ... Sorry people, its still there.

I heard that instead of the clasical free dining promotion they will release another one "adult dining at child price"

Ted in Halifax said:
I even followed the booking engine and it showed free dining ... Sorry people, its still there.

It s a problem with the computer cache. It endedsaturday.

People are seeing offers that are intended for international visitors. If you go to disneyworld.ca it redirects you to a disneyworld.go.com site but you're still treated as .ca and will see an offer good through Dec 13 - - the site then remembers you for a while apparently cuz I had to go to a different browser to see US offers again.

That said, I was able to proceed through the booking engine all the way to confirming it so if you're US looking for free dining through December, it may let you do it.

Just got home and tried it again and I am now seeing a winter page. I did not clear any of my cookies, so beween sometime around 4ish and now something changed. I followed the same steps as I gave in the thread I linked to above, but instead of seeing a Mickey with fangs for Halloween, I am seeing Mickey with a Christmas present. I did not do anything differently and did not use any links earlier, just found it on my own through Disneyparks.com, so maybe they fixed an error. That doesn't explain how someone was able to book it this morning, though, so who knows???

Just got home and tried it again and I am now seeing a winter page. I did not clear any of my cookies, so beween sometime around 4ish and now something changed. I followed the same steps as I gave in the thread I linked to above, but instead of seeing a Mickey with fangs for Halloween, I am seeing Mickey with a Christmas present. I did not do anything differently and did not use any links earlier, just found it on my own through Disneyparks.com, so maybe they fixed an error. That doesn't explain how someone was able to book it this morning, though, so who knows???

Since the person that posted that they booked it this morning is in Canada the only thing I can think of is that they are offering longer booking dates for Canadian residents.

Skimming through this topic, I see a LOT of people are worried about free dining being offered after they are at the 45 day full payment day for their vacation package. While I can't imagine Disney would do that (talk about making your customers MAD!!)... I wanted to remind people that you don't have to do a vacation package when you make your reservation.
I'm going in the April 2013, but want to see what discounts might come up- so I made a 'Room Only" reservation. It has a very low amount required for deposit- so you can lock in your time and room type and wait to see what shakes out with the dining plan. You can add tickets and dining plan to your reservation right before you come- so there is no advantage to booking a package this far out. (I'll definately be making it a package, so I'm stashing the money I'll need as if we will pay full price. That way I'm prepared, and if a great deal is offered: BONUS!!). Another advantage is since you don't have to put as much down- you can use that money to lock in the lowest airfares now separately.:thumbsup2

I heard that instead of the clasical free dining promotion they will release another one "adult dining at child price"

I was wondering if they would ever go to this.... Where did you hear this? I was also wondering if we would see that promotion where they give you a $250/500/750 gift card for a full price package. I don't see them offering Free Dining much longer. But it sure is a nice discount!!

So, if they give adult dining at a child price and you want to do the deluxe plan (3 ts per day), is that allowed. Or, do they limit it to the QS or regular plan?

I was wondering if they would ever go to this.... Where did you hear this? I was also wondering if we would see that promotion where they give you a $250/500/750 gift card for a full price package. I don't see them offering Free Dining much longer. But it sure is a nice discount!!

Several travel agencies in Latin America leaked the details of the promotion.
In the past, these promotions have coincided completely with the, days later, announcement of Disney website
Here you can find many more details of the rumor: http://blog.viajeromagico.com/2012/...no-seria-gratis-sino-adulto-a-precio-de-nino/
It's my blog in Spanish, can use google translate to better understand the text (I use it a lot :yay: )
Hope it helps

I think we need to remind ourselves why Disney offers FD in the first place: to fill rooms when they otherwise would not get filled.

I find it hard to believe Disney gets rid of FD altogether and goes to one "adult at child price" for several reasons: (1) Disney always sticks with what works and never sticks with what doesn't; and (2) I have serious doubt that ridding FD is going to fill the parks, rooms, and restaurants in non-peak seasons with anything else.

Granted, the value may be less than what it used to be (i.e., don't even have to tip, or get an appetizer AND dessert), and there are more limited windows of check-in days that qualify. I still believe, from a business standpoint, FD is here to stay. :yay:

Adult dining at kids price is an interesting idea.

Does Disney usually run their free dining promotion simultaneously with a % Room Only Discount? If that is the case wouldn't we have to see a similar drop in the percentage discount off the room?

I am on the look out for FD (QS) for next December. I have to wait until the end of summer next year to get my FD offer.

I am so hoping that there will be FD in mid August..I so want to show my friends an awesome way to try different restaruants

I am so hoping that there will be FD in mid August..I so want to show my friends an awesome way to try different restaruants

You said it perfectly! We plan to take my MIL, FIL, and parents, all of whom have NEVER been to Disney, let alone the amazing dining experiences.

So, if they give adult dining at a child price and you want to do the deluxe plan (3 ts per day), is that allowed. Or, do they limit it to the QS or regular plan?

I would like to know this as well. Fiance and I have the Deluxe Dining Plan for our Disneymoon, and the Adult-for-Child-Price would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH better deal than upgrading Regular Free Dining. Nine days worth of Deluxe Dining Plan for 2 would come out to be less than $500!

The "adult for a child price" is being mentioned for deals in OUTSIDE of this country. Guests from overseas get all kinds of different FD deals, so I would not expect that to be a US deal. If any change is made to the usual FD deal it might be the old "Kids stay play and dine for free" deal that has been offered in the past.

As for simultaneously running FD and RO deals, yes, they often run promotions that overlap with dates, but you can only choose one deal at a time. There is no stacking allowed. The exception being sometimes overseas guests can stack discounts because the airfare and extra cost associated with the distance they are coming from is factored in to what Disney feels is necessary to get them to come to the parks. That is why overseas guests can get 14 and 21 day passes, and we in the US cannot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter