*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Is there a special event that includes reserved seating to the Eat to the Beat concerts? I'd like to see both bands, when we're there. Unfortunately, my knee & back would never make it an hour or longer in line.

I don't know which bands you're planning to see, or which nights you plan to be there, but I can tell you from my own experience of going to F&W Festival many times over the last 15 years we have never had to wait in line. That said, we do end up sitting in the back, but we just go on over right when the concert starts and there has always been plenty of room. We do typically go on weekdays/nights though, never on the weekend. It's definitely MUCH more crowded over the weekends so our method of doing things may not work over a weekend.

You might also talk to a CM near the entrance - they might be able to help you with special seating as well. It can't hurt to ask.

I don't know which bands you're planning to see, or which nights you plan to be there, but I can tell you from my own experience of going to F&W Festival many times over the last 15 years we have never had to wait in line. That said, we do end up sitting in the back, but we just go on over right when the concert starts and there has always been plenty of room. We do typically go on weekdays/nights though, never on the weekend. It's definitely MUCH more crowded over the weekends so our method of doing things may not work over a weekend.

You might also talk to a CM near the entrance - they might be able to help you with special seating as well. It can't hurt to ask.

If you have a Chase credit or debit card you can get special wristbands for seating in the morning. They do run out, and on the Saturday that we were there, they were out by mid morning or early afternoon when we came back to the Chase Lounge for a coffee break.

You don't have to wait an hour for an Eat to the Beat concert unless you want front and center seats. I've never waited that long for any of them. Most of them, you can walk in right when they open the house. Will you get a really great seat, probably not, but there don't seem to be a lot of rotten seats in the house.

I believe that party for the senses includes preferred seating for Eat to the Beat but that would be quite expensive - $200 range. Party for the senses is on Saturday only so the bands you are interested in may not be playing when the event is scheduled. Unless the band (s) is popular, most likely you can find a seat just before showtime, especially if go to the first performance. I saw the Pointer Sisters last year and I was able to get a seat just a few minutes before the show started. There was also plenty of seating during the show. Hanson performed later in the week and this band had a larger attendance.

I don't if other events include preferred seating, maybe others will know.

You don't have to wait an hour for an Eat to the Beat concert unless you want front and center seats. I've never waited that long for any of them. Most of them, you can walk in right when they open the house. Will you get a really great seat, probably not, but there don't seem to be a lot of rotten seats in the house.

Thanks to all of you for the info. That's encouraging. Survivor & 38 Special are the bands I want to see. I don't care about being close or even being able to make out the performer's faces. I just want to hear the music from a seat. The last row to the extreme right or left works for me. I would like to avoid the horrible tree I always seem to get stuck behind for the CP. :laughing:

For 38 Special, we would have to see an early show. We have an ADR at BOG for 4:20 on the 27th. We're avoiding Epcot on the 25th & 26th. Will there be a show early enough for us to watch it, then make it to MK by 4:00 pm?

PS: We've debated booking PFTS. If we don't change our minds, we've decided to pass. We'd have to pay the additional fee for a table. I'm not sure it's worth that to us. Regardless, I appreciate the info about reserved seating.

If you have a Chase credit or debit card you can get special wristbands for seating in the morning. They do run out, and on the Saturday that we were there, they were out by mid morning or early afternoon when we came back to the Chase Lounge for a coffee break.

For two concerts I attended, the wristband people basically didn't show up. The entire area was empty and "saved" until about 10 min. before the concert. The CM's let anyone sit there once they took down the ropes. We were able to move much closer and sit there. :thumbsup2

For 38 Special, we would have to see an early show. We have an ADR at BOG for 4:20 on the 27th. We're avoiding Epcot on the 25th & 26th. Will there be a show early enough for us to watch it, then make it to MK by 4:00 pm?

Sorry, but no. The first show usually isn't until after 5 PM. Last year, the first show was at 5:30. Times haven't been released for this year yet, but I would not count on the first concert being before 5 PM. The best you could do is come back to Epcot after dinner and try to catch the 8 pm show (assuming they use the same times as last year).

Sorry, but no. The first show usually isn't until after 5 PM. Last year, the first show was at 5:30. Times haven't been released for this year yet, but I would not count on the first concert being before 5 PM. The best you could do is come back to Epcot after dinner and try to catch the 8 pm show (assuming they use the same times as last year).

Thanks for the help. If I can't move our BOG ADR to our arrival day, we'll plan to return to Epcot to watch the last show, before heading home.

Anything special for Chase Disney Visa cardholders? What about wheelchair seating for the concerts?

Sorry, one more Eat to the Beat question. :blush: What is the line like on Saturdays? If it's not too crazy, we could see 38 Special prior to dinner at Shula's.

Anything special for Chase Disney Visa cardholders? What about wheelchair seating for the concerts?

Not sure about wheelchair seating, but nothing special for Disney cardholders last year. All chase cardholders got access to Chase lounge for coffee, tea, soft drinks from 9am or so until close. One thing I enjoyed was that you had to pass the guy handing out ghirardelli samples in order to enter the lounge. So we ate chocolate constantly!

Sorry, one more Eat to the Beat question. :blush: What is the line like on Saturdays? If it's not too crazy, we could see 38 Special prior to dinner at Shula's.

I remember lines being enough to deter me, but I was there veterans Day weekend suing jersey week and wine and dine marathon. So that could be why it was so overwhelming to me.

=bellepearle;48536373 What about wheelchair seating for the concerts?

There is wheelchair seating, but it's all the way at the back. There are some shorter benches with the extra space where the bench would normally go out to left empty for the wheelchairs.

Not sure about wheelchair seating, but nothing special for Disney cardholders last year. All chase cardholders got access to Chase lounge for coffee, tea, soft drinks from 9am or so until close. One thing I enjoyed was that you had to pass the guy handing out ghirardelli samples in order to enter the lounge. So we ate chocolate constantly!
The Chase lounge sounds great! Is everything in the chase lounge free?

Unfortunately as the festival went on, offerings in the Chase lounge got slimmer and slimmer. It wasn't really worth the wait after a while. Hopefully they improve this year.

Unfortunately as the festival went on, offerings in the Chase lounge got slimmer and slimmer. It wasn't really worth the wait after a while. Hopefully they improve this year.

I was only there the last week. What was it like before then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter