*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

System is letting me book Party for the Senses and the guest policy does not say anything about AP, TIW, DVC...

hmmm...

Thank you!! Just booked Kevin Dundon and Noah French!
BUT- a problem came up. I went to the Disney site and clicked on the schedule, a schedule that looks exactly like the one that was on this Thread yesterday came up with different times for Kevin Dundon. As i was checking some of the other days, there were different times for other Chefs too!!!

I called Disney dining to let them know. She told me that as far as she sees online for booking and also her CM site, the schedule posted on this thread had the correct time. I sure hope so because I booked it! I will keep checking though!

Appears that Disney has corrected the problem. The F&W events are no longer listed on the dining reservations page. They were listed about 10 to 15 minutes ago.

Not great for those us who were planning on making reservations on Tuesday. :confused:

Booked 3 demos on the DVC 1-800 line this morning. No wait, done in 5 minutes and they're showing up on MDE. Hope next Tuesday goes as well.

Appears that Disney has corrected the problem. The F&W events are no longer listed on the dining reservations page. They were listed about 10 to 15 minutes ago.

Not great for those us who were planning on making reservations on Tuesday. :confused:

Just check again and I see them listed down at the bottom under "other results" (along with Party for the Senses and the Scotland special event, etc.) with nothing to click on. Earlier today it was up at the top with available times and a button to click on - so looks like they have added everything in preparation for Tuesday but fixed being able to book things?

Yup - just checked 10/26 again and Party for the Senses is not even showing up. Culinary demos not showing up either.

Wonder how many people made reservations during that 4/5 hour period of availability???

I just got an email from Disney Rewards that Chase Visa cardholders can book some additional events on Monday before general reservations open on Tuesday. I don't see that the special dinners are included, but Sweet Sundays and Wine and Cheese events are.

EDIT: it says you can "book with your Disney Visa Card" so not sure if that is a requirement....

I just got an email from Disney Rewards that Chase Visa cardholders can book some additional events on Monday before general reservations open on Tuesday. I don't see that the special dinners are included, but Sweet Sundays and Wine and Cheese events are.

A CM on the phone told me that this morning, but she thought it was for all F&W events.

Was hoping to keep it quiet..lol...

EDIT: it says you can "book with your Disney Visa Card" so not sure if that is a requirement....

Since they don't send me emails.. was reserved seating for PFTS included?

I spoke with Disney dining reservations earlier today. A supervisor told me that as long as you have a 12 digit confirmation #, you will not be refused access to any of the booked events. They confirmed the events shouldn't have been open to all, but they will honor the confirmations / reservations.

I think they've since fixed the issue, but it's a shame that it probably allowed alot of the seminars to fill up faster than expected.

Since they don't send me emails.. was reserved seating for PFTS included?

Was not listed specifically listed on the email, but it says "includes"

Cardmembers have the opportunity to book special events before sales open to the general public on August 13.1 Indulge your taste buds with a range of events, including:
Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars
"3D" Disney Dessert Discovery

Does not say "only includes"...

The CM I spoke with this morning seemed to believe it included everything that would be available to general public on Tuesday.

I found it on the Disney Visa website.... it does pretty clearly say Disney Visa. (Which as a matter of fact it also says on the access to the lounge....and my SW Visa does not mention either of these as perks.)

This is not good as I have a flight Monday morning, but it may save me a lot of money :)

And just out of curoisity. Did you have to jump through all those idiotic phone prompt hoops this morning? You know the "are you in Orlando?", "how many are in your party" etc.... like it matters, it's all one reservation center, they are just trying to collect data.. I make up things to throw them off LOL! Yep, I am in Orlando and have a party of 20 etc... And when you get the rep she/he has no idea what you entered into that useless system.

I called about the Buddy Valastro Culinary Demo on 10/14 (because it wasn't showing up online) and the CM said the event is sold out.

That's the one I was planning on. I didn't book it right away b/c I wasn't sure if DS16 would want to go. Oh we'll maybe next year.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter