*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Disney Food Blog is showing the capacity of each signature event (they are not all dinners). If you're interested in one of the smaller ones, you should think about being on the phone as soon as reservations open at 7 AM Eastern on August 13. The really large ones for 50-100 or more people may not book up as fast, depends on what they are.

Expect to be holding a long time on the 13th if you are not able to get right through. Hold times of an hour or more are not unusual.

Does anyone know how many tickets can be purchased with a TiW card? We are travelling as a group of 6 and one couple (or maybe one person) has a TiW card. Would she be able to purchase 6 tickets on Friday?

In the past there was no limit. There isn't anything that indicates there will be a limit this year either.

I am still confused-can someone repeat exactly what can be purchased on Friday with early booking? Regular PFTS? Signature dinners? Tequila lunch? Seminars?

The ONLY things you can purchase on Friday with early booking are the $12-15 seminars/demonstrations that take place at the Festival Center. Culinary Demos, Beverage Seminars and Mixology. That's it. Anything else you need to book on August 13.

Schedules for the demos and seminars are not out yet. As for when they'll be out, all we can say with any certainty is that they should be out before Friday.

Table in Wonderland Members: YES, all others wait until the 13th.
Regular PFTS: YES
Signature dinners: NO
Tequila lunch: NO
Seminars: Beverage and Mixology only (as in "NO" for cheese or chocolate)

This information is incorrect. The only events that can be booked prior to 8/13 are the Culinary Demos, Beverage Seminars & Mixology Seminars but these events can only be booked early via phone by AP holders, DVC Members & TIW Members beginning at 7AM on 8/9 (DVC will begin taking reservations at 8AM via the DVC member phone line). Nothing else will be on sale to anyone prior to 8/13.

I'm going to write out again what you can book and when.

August 9:
Culinary Demonstrations
Beverage Seminars
Mixology Seminars

This applies ONLY to the $12-15 seminars at the Festival Center. Early booking is ONLY for: Annual passholders, TIW members and DVC members. Everyone else will have to wait until August 13.

Early booking August 9-12 must be done by phone - you can't do it online until August 13.

AP/DVC/TIW can get a $2 discount on these lower-cost demonstrations/seminars but:
-Only those that take place Monday-Thursday. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are not discounted.
- You must book by phone to get the discount. Even after August 13. This is the information that TIW is putting out.

August 13:
Any of the Festival special events may be booked starting this date.

That means all events listed here:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/

If you want one of the regular Thursday night Flying Fish wine dinners (these are listed at the bottom of the linked Disney Food Blog page) you book those directly through Flying Fish and they give you the number on the link. If you want the Flying Fish dinner on October 10, that is considered a festival event and you must book it August 13 like any other festival event. (It will probably fill up the first day of booking, too.)

This is also the starting date to book the lower cost demonstrations/seminars if you are NOT TIW/DVC/AP. Online booking for everybody opens for them on August 13.

All the special events must be booked by phone except the following which can be booked online starting August 13:

Party for the Senses (general admission only)
3D Dessert Party (general admission only)
Scotland: Land of Food and Drink - September 28 (general admission only)
Spirits Confidential - November 1 (general admission only)

If you want the reserved seating options for any of the above 4 events you must book by phone. Reserved seating is not available to book online.

This information is incorrect. The only events that can be booked prior to 8/13 are the Culinary Demos, Beverage Seminars & Mixology Seminars but these events can only be booked early via phone by AP holders, DVC Members & TIW Members beginning at 7AM on 8/9 (DVC will begin taking reservations at 8AM via the DVC member phone line). Nothing else will be on sale to anyone prior to 8/13.

Good catch! I edited the original post.

I just bought AP & received the voucher, wont pick up the actual annual pass til i arrive on 9/28. Can I book for the 3D dessert on 8/9?

Didn't think so but since this is my first time as an annual passholder (almost!) I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Thanks!!

Didn't think so but since this is my first time as an annual passholder (almost!) I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Thanks!!

It's got nothing to do with having the AP. That event can't be booked by anyone until 8/13.

I just bought AP & received the voucher, wont pick up the actual annual pass til i arrive on 9/28. Can I book for the 3D dessert on 8/9?

No, you can't. The 3D Dessert Party cannot be booked by anyone until August 13. There is no early booking or AP discounts for this event.

Could I please get some input/reviews of the Italian Regional Food & Wine Luncheon at Tutto Gusto on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from Noon-2:00pm. This event costs $75 per person.

How does this event compare with the Italian Food and Wine Pairing at Vi Napoli on Thursdays from 1:30 - 4:00pm or the Italian Food and Beer Pairing at Via Napoli on Tuesdays from 1:30 - 4:00pm?

Any rumors as to when the food demo, wine, and mixology event schedule will be released? DVC sent out an emailing with online booking details for August 9th but I can't find a schedule anywhere. :confused3

There is no schedule for the Festival Center seminars yet.

All we can say is that it will be out before Friday. Nobody knows exactly when, and Disney isn't talking. They won't even tell people who call, according to another thread I saw - the most they will say is "soon."

All we can say is that it will be out before Friday. Nobody knows exactly when, and Disney isn't talking. They won't even tell people who call, according to another thread I saw - the most they will say is "soon."

Thanks for the info! Soooooo frustrating! (but then I say that every year :lmao:)

We assume it will be out before Friday..,,,,no guarantees.
With Disney you always wonder why it seems like they are doing this for the first time.

I'm hoping we hear something tomorrow. That will give me at least a few hours to decide what I want to do!

I didn't quote all the post in the interest of space, but I LOVED it! It all starts so innocently and soon it's an obsession! :banana:

So did I! We started out the same way and now it's all about the special events. Yes, we still do the World Showcase Kiosks...love 'em but we also love all the specialty luncheons and dinners. We have become 'fallbirders' instead of snowbirders. :)

In my experience, F&W festival is an ever more engaging event. Here is a view into the slippery slope, as experienced by me.

[*]You start by happening upon a delightful food and/or wine kiosk when you didn't even know there was an EPCOT F&W festival. Spouse, who is not much of a WDW fan, is intrigued.
[*]You find out that it is an annual event so plan a trip for next year, and spend your time grazing from kiosk to kiosk around World Showcase. You get talking to people and you find out there are "special" dining events. Hubbie really liked the experience. Hmmmm.
[*]Now you know there are special events, so the next year you try to sign up for one. All you can get is the Wine Pairing in Morocco, because everything else is sold out. But you go, and you have a really great time!
[*]You plan a trip during F&W. When events are announced, you pick an event (or two) that will be happening during your visit and you are on the phone at 7am the first day they are taking reservations. You swear that if you ever decide to leave your current job as a results producing software executive who can build and scale high volume transaction events--you will offer your services to Disney and fix their online "challenges."
[*]The trip is fantastic, and the events compelling! You enjoyed the special events so much, that you are going to plan your next trip around the events, rather than planning your events around your trip.
[*]You FINALLY get the signature event schedule, book your events and then go to book your trip and NOTHING on Crescent Lake is available when you want to go, so you stay off property and valet park at the Boardwalk every day.
[*]You book a room for every week of F&W at some hotel on Crescent Lake so that you can comfortably stagger back to your room after and evening of over-indulgence--no matter when Disney decides to schedule it. You pick your events and cancel most of your reservations. How crazy could it be to fly to Florida twice during one Food and Wine Festival? At this point, Hubbie needs an annual pass, too.
[*]You've experienced an amazing event and you want to make it an annual event. You're determined to watch for the scheduling of that event and then book your trip. This is your plan, and you're sticking to it. You grow weary of waiting and wondering how it will all work out. You have a plan B if you can't get a good rate or rent points for DVC at the Boardwalk or Beach Club on "short notice."
[*]Hubbie is now teasing you in public about this Disney F&W obsession thing. So, you suggest that we vacation in Italy this year instead of going to Food and Wine Festival. He asks, "Can we do both?" [Smiling inside.]
[*]As a compromise you take a couple of trips to Cape Cod (also a foodie destination) instead of attending Star Wars Weekend or Flower and Garden Festival and are now waiting to book your F&W vacation. You're completely set on attending an event that will only happen once during the entire festival. You post questions about this event on every official Disney blog or social media outlet. Finally, the event is announced. Within an hour you have your plane tickets and a reservation at the Swan. PHEW!
[*]I have no idea what is going to happen next, but I'll come back and update this post in November. I do know that Hubbie caught wind of the F&W-like booths at Flower and Garden. I think we will be adding that back in to the WDW vacation mix. After all, we've got those annual passes and that TiW card . . .

Hysterical!! This is exactly how I got DH to fall in love with Disney!! Our first visit together he proposed to me in Disney because he knew how much it meant to me. He never thought we'd be back...
Well our 6th trip together happens this fall!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter