2013 Disney TR

AGPrincess said:
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, but I COMPLETELY agree. We encountered more nasty, snarky, and rude cast members than ever before on our trip too. Unfortunately I ran into a lot of them when I worked there as well, and I just didn't get it. :confused3 I'm sure it is partly the transition, but I also think it's an attitude that's slowly seeping into the company culture. The Disney corporate mindset at the moment seems to be more and more about making money and tightening up restrictions often at the expense of the guest - you can only have this many fastpass+ or you can only have this many mug refills. And I feel like that corporate attitude of "If guests don't like it, tough" has been trickling down into some of the cast members. It's really sad. :sad2:

It really is a vicious cycle: harsher restrictions on guests lead to more disgruntled guests; dealing with more unhappy guests leads to crankier CMs; unhelpful CMs lead to more disgruntled guests...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love Your Report. LOVE your haircut!!!! And we have never tried Kouzzina 'cause we loved Spoodles so much that we kinda boycotted Kouzzina's :) Now I am not sure if I really want to try it. Looking forward to some more reports. Thanks again!

Oh man, Kouzzina does seem disappointing! I don't know why, but I've never been interested in that place. I guess some of the stuff just seems a little odd? Hahha I don't know. But anyways, excited to see which resort yall headed to next! Though I actually think I know, thanks to your vlogs! (I think it rhymes with 'schmeehouse schmillas' or something?) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Everything looks so delicious!! I don't know how you made up your mind!! I never can...and end usually end up with 4 or 5 things...just for myself!!!
I say that like its a bad thing....but its not!!! Lol
Thanks for the update. .and making me sooo want a Disney pastry/Cupcake and baguette :-)

I think the Boardwalk Bakery should offer some sort of sampler order. Like tiny cupcakes but of everything!!!

I so so so so so hate hearing about bad CM's. The initiated know that they are generally the exception not the rule. But I always think about those on their very first trip and the impression it would make. I watched a DIS podcast recently and they were talking about how blown away they were by the Team Members at Universal and noted a pretty significant drop in the CM quality. I hope this is not a trend.

Yay for the France CM's to make up for it.

I so want a cupcake now!

I'm sad to report that I had a Boardwalk Bakery sandwich in May, and it was just meh. And I had to wait in a very long line to get it. :sad2:

I do wish you could see the treats better while you're waiting in line...I bet if they could make that happen, their sales would go way up! By the time I hit the front where I can see the case, I never feel like I have enough time to make a decision without holding up the really long line.

Glad the France CMs made up for the rude BB one!

Just caught up on all you updates! I have to say I got a kick out of reading about Athos's interaction with his fellow 3DS companion! At times I envy the ease in which guys can so quickly bond over a shared hobby even with so few words exchanged!

Ooo, I'm curious to know what Chip wrote in that paragraph when he interrupted your diary writing!

I absolutely love your haircut! You can pull off the long, the short, and everything in between! When I cut my hair for Locks of Love or Pantene, I look a few years younger. I'm a fan of how it looks when I leave the salon, but I can never replicate it at home, and it ends up poufing out substantially! I have to remind myself that I'm doing it for a good cause though.

The quirky sayings on the Mitsukoshi stationery reminds me of so many things I had growing up! I don't know if there's a Japanese counterpart for the word I would use for for mixing Chinese phraseology with English syntax, but we would call it "Chinglish"! There are even websites dedicated to stuff like that (the "Engrish" one comes to mind). I believed it was a briliant, unique term until I got to middle school and realized that the term "Spanglish" existed as well!

It's so strange that your mom had to show a picture to the waiter to prove that your plates did not have the artichoke spread! Based on my limited experience in restaurants on Disney property and what I've read, I would've thought that the waiter would have brought you more artichoke spread even if it already on the plate! So odd.

I love all the rules your family has about using dining credits! We've never had the dining plan before as it just wouldn't be worth the money as we don't really like eating sweets too often. The desserts would end up going to waste as I prefer appetizers. But if we DID utilize it, we would do the same in making sure we got our money's worth! It baffles my mind when families stock up on snacks in the gift shop for the ride home. I just can't comprehend how a rice krispies treat (granted, I've never had one on property because my mom makes them the way I like them!) can compare to a dole whip float or something more expensive or more Disney-esque!

Great update! I've always wanted to stay in the Treehouse Villas. Tell me, is it buggy out at night? I know they are in a wooded area and was just curious.

I've been reading along with your TR, I've just been rather lurkey lately.

I FINALLY DOWNLOADED PRIDE & PREJUDICE! Haha. I did it on the nook app on my phone, so I need to make sure it's on my actual nook since I don't like the backlight of my iPhone when reading. I just thought you'd like to know :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter