• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Disney TR

Luv the update! I've heard the same reviews about Coral Reef, just okay but not worth the money. But of course y'all made it so fun!

...is that you don't rave about something if it's NOT good. I mean, we all love Disney, but even Merida must miss the mark...sometimes...

So, when you say you like it, we know it's not because you're a former CM. (Although I am curious if, once a CM, you always look at Disney through different quality-control eyes...).

Looking forward to more reviews! :thumbsup2

Well glad I can cross that place off my list! A whole wheat croissant just doesn't sound good...and I love croissants!

...is that you don't rave about something if it's NOT good. I mean, we all love Disney, but even Merida must miss the mark...sometimes...

So, when you say you like it, we know it's not because you're a former CM. (Although I am curious if, once a CM, you always look at Disney through different quality-control eyes...).

Looking forward to more reviews! :thumbsup2

I agree!

And there are always cupcakes to fill in the gaps :) I hope your meals turn around soon!

Weird that the stack wasn't actually a stack and weird that the waiter was a jerk too :( I love the lights above the bar though. My guess would be that they don't use the giant jars of spices since they're so evenly filled!

Sorry your breakfast was disappointing, and I can't believe how rude your waiter was! But, on a happier note, your hair still looks amazing.

Aloha!

Long time lurker here, like, really long, so I figured I should probably say hello at least once! :) I've always enjoyed your TRs, so I'm looking forward to another. I'm not the best at consistent commenting, but I'll be reading along for sure.

I hope it's a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

This is me too. :)

Great trip report. I'm excited to read more.

I love going out for breakfast, but I think this meal was a let down.
What kind of waiter:groom: argues with the customers about artichoke spread? :confused3

Did his attitude affect his tip?

As for the whole wheat croissant, who would do that to a poor croissant? What a disappointing pastry.

Hoping the Bakery has better goodies…. and CM's with better attitudes.:flower3:

And which resort will you be staying at next? Can't wait to find out.

Just joining in on your wonderful report. I am heading down in 9 days for a week at the Poly, :cool1: so I especially loved your Poly section. You have a wonderful way of writing and your love of Disney shines through. Can't wait to read your next installment! :rolleyes1

Sara

Boardwalk Bakery will make everything all better!!;) That's too bad about breakfast. I ate breakfast there once and saw some food sitting out on the counter for awhile before it was served... guess who's food that was. Yep, mine! It was just ok but come on! I am going back in December but I'm reserving Boardwalk Bakery as an alternative to a less than stellar meal. :)

I rather like the top tier seating at Coral Reef. We've been seated next to the tank (sooo many kids were on top of us and surrounding our table) and farther from the tank and I agree, I liked the panoramic view. The food, again, just meh but I don't go there for a gourmet meal. Sounds like you had an awesome server!

I like your perspective having been a CM - completely interesting!

Did you say the Earl of Sandwich is coming up next?

Is it true that they have the turkey with cranberry holiday sandwich all year round now?

Can't wait to find out!

What a bummer that your breakfast missed the mark! I hate it when that happens.

We just returned from a quick trip, and I'm sad to report that we encountered lots of unfriendly or unhelpful CMs, too. I think they were all stressed out by FP+ (which I hated, btw), and I can understand that transitions are rough (they probably had to deal with a lot more disgruntled guests than usual), but it was still really sad. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter