• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Safe travels Rory, see you soon!! :cool1:

Nancy, I, too, am very concerned over Grad night too and have been since we learned it would be going on. Teens can be so out of control and uncensored when in groups. I haven't read the boards about it and probably won't since there's nothing I can do to change it anyways. :) I felt much better about it after talking with Jeff (since he was there last week for grad night) and he hasn't steered me wrong yet. ;)

Cheryl, my little dog, Pooh, used to get very anxious when she seen the suitcases come out but for the last several trips we have taken her with us (in an RV) so this time she trusts we won't leave her. Hopefully she won't be too mad at me when we do. :rolleyes: Luckily we have a good friend who Pooh adores and she will be taking care of Pooh (and my son too).

Just a few more days now!!!! :hourglass

There were grad nights going on last week when Val & I were there. We didn't find it too bad though. Certainly not as bad as the South American tour groups you may be thinking about.

That's good to hear. Nancy's right; the stories on the Disneyland board are not very encouraging. I'm not too worried about the days we're with ABD, but I am wondering about the best approach for Friday when the Backstage Magic part of the trip is over. Did you find either of the two parks to be more crowded than the other on grad nights?

Sitting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow waiting for my flight to LAX :cool1:.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days and all the amazing things we are going to see.

It's so exciting that some of us are already on our way. Have a safe trip!

Our cat used to run and hide when the suitcases got lined up in the hallway because when she was little we would take her with us. Not she just likes to sit on them. We have in home sitting for our daughter, cat, bird and fish from MIL for this trip - so no "fur baby" worries for us.

I think this is really cool to see people starting to leave on the trip. It feels like some sort of "Putting the band back together" movie where you see everyone leaving their regular lives to join together on a journey - which is exactly what it is.:yay:

Still trying to find what to do on Saturday night - I just notice Patton Oswald (voice of Remy) performing that night in LA, but the show is already SOLD OUT! He's not everyone's taste, but that would've been a great show in my view. I can't find anything specific that appeals to me for the evening.

We are down to double digit hours.

According to the countdown app on my phone, we're also at less than 500,000 seconds, although I'm not quite sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

I think this is really cool to see people starting to leave on the trip. It feels like some sort of "Putting the band back together" movie where you see everyone leaving their regular lives to join together on a journey - which is exactly what it is.:yay:

You do realize that I've now got the Muppets and their montage (not to mention "Together Again" from The Muppets Take Manhattan) stuck in my head. ;)

According to the countdown app on my phone, we're also at less than 500,000 seconds, although I'm not quite sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

I can't say I have thought down to seconds...but I do find myself thinking "Only 25 more hours of work!"

You do realize that I've now got the Muppets and their montage (not to mention "Together Again" from The Muppets Take Manhattan) stuck in my head. ;)

Surprisingly I wasn't specifically thinking of THAT one, but it does pretty much match the tone in my head. Now that I think about it, I can't really picture a movie that actually does what I was thinking besides Muppet movies. Hmmmmm....

Hard to believe one week from now we'll be lunching at the Disney commisary after a morning at WDI!

I would say that Santa Monica would have the closest beach to you (Sunset Blvd all the way down to the beach). How would you get to it, would you rent a car?.

I want to second Santa Monica beach and pier. It is ultimately California. We went there last trip out for the evening. Beautiful beach and then ride the ferris wheel after dark for a view of the pier/city.

Looks like we are headed to Santa Monica after the tour! And yes, we do have a rental for Saturday.

As for restaurants, you're going to be in the Hollywood area, right? There is a California Pizza Kitchen that has good food at reasonable prices right there near where you will be staying..

I was looking for suggestions near the beach if you have any? We are staying at the DoubleTree by LAX on Saturday night before the adventure. But I was thinking dinner and sunset and then maybe that ferris wheel ride. My mom has never been out to the West Coast. Since we aren't water people evening is fun beach time for us.

Ok so here is one for you:

If our plane lands at 10:55am and we are picking up a Hertz rental car and checking into the DoubleTree at LAX first will we have time to hit the Farmer's Market before going to a 3:45pm WB Studio Tour if we need to be there by 20 min before? I would like to go to pay respects to Walt and hit the Griffith Park carousel on Sunday but I really don't want to keep the rental more than 24 hours and have to pay for a whole 2nd day. and with the Merry Go Round not opening until 11am we'll probably be pushing it getting to Loew's. Plus I would like to have time on Sunday to wander around and look for stars and handprints and such before getting ready for dinner. Thoughts?

Just arrived at the Loews Hotel after a very long flight. Got delayed due to fuel valve issues and then the airplane tug broke down.

However an advert for Disneyland just come on the television :woohoo:

Glad you made it safely Rory. That was a long day!!

Only 2 more days for us!!! That definitely calls for a dancing banana (or 3) :-) :banana::banana::banana:

So glad you arrived safely Rory! Just 3 more days for us..Yippee!!

According to weather.com looks like the weather is gonna be great with the high most days in the low to mid 70's and the lows in the low to mid 60's. Rory can you confirm that's what the local weatherperson is saying too?

According to weather.com looks like the weather is gonna be great with the high most days in the low to mid 70's and the lows in the low to mid 60's. Rory can you confirm that's what the local weatherperson is saying too?

Yay! 3 days!!! I tell you, it can't get here fast enough. This week has been something else! Bring on vacation!

Local weather is reporting similar information.

Just arrived at the Loews Hotel after a very long flight. Got delayed due to fuel valve issues and then the airplane tug broke down.

Good to hear, Rory! :thumbsup2 We won't be long behind you (I hope).

And since we are running out of time to post these....

Roryh22 said:

Glad to hear you are there safely!

I can't stand waiting until 7:10am Saturday!

Local weather is reporting similar information.

News flash: Weather in June in Southern California appears to be the same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same AS...IT...EVER..WAS.

Sorry - getting really giddy with excitement.

(That ones for Angie!)

News flash: Weather in June in Southern California appears to be the same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same AS...IT...EVER..WAS.

Sorry - getting really giddy with excitement.

(That ones for Angie!)

Pete, I think you're out of control again! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter