• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Last year the Welcome Reception is 6:00 pm. Farmers market is safe, but is not walkable from the hotel. Don't plan on anything after the reception since there may be a special surprise activity.

Also, plan on an afternoon nap before going to the welcome reception. You'll likely be out late that night and the next morning begins with breakfast probably at 7:30 so you can begin the day's activity at 9:00.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering about what time we needed to be back to have time for a rest & to get freshened up. When we did this trip 5 years ago the welcome dinner was all there was, so I am excited to see what fun activity we might have.

And we're off! Kat and I just left for our adventure....getting to Heathrow Airport to start the 11.5 hour flight to LAX. Can't say I'm over the moon about the long journey but will sure be worth it at the other end. Safe travelling everyone. See you all state side!! :)
Safe travels! See you in California.
It's kind of exciting that people are starting to leave, that means it won't be long until we are all together.

We leave in 3 days, 21 hours! Only 2.5 days remaining of work! I can do this...

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday!

Part of the house cleaning done this afternoon & last minute stuff for the trip obtained on errand running this morning. Plan to do the rest of the cleaning Thursday & pack Thursday evening. Working tomorrow, Wednesday & Friday.
Ready for Saturday to get here now!

Part of the house cleaning done this afternoon & last minute stuff for the trip obtained on errand running this morning. Plan to do the rest of the cleaning Thursday & pack Thursday evening. Working tomorrow, Wednesday & Friday.
Ready for Saturday to get here now!

I've been doing a lot of cleaning today too. Since school's out for the summer, it's either that or start redoing my study guides for next year, and the study guides are just not sounding all that appealing right now. I can't wait to see everyone on Sunday! :cool1:

I have to sit down and clear off all my memory cards and get the cameras all ready to go. That's my chore for tomorrow morning. That's probably my least favorite part of getting ready for a trip because I have a bad habit of not doing it often enough then it's hours of organizing seeing as I have been known to take a few hundred pictures just on a day trip to WDW lol

I wouldn't want to work on next year's stuff either Angie.
I feel you Kim as I usually forget to do that until right before we leave. I have a new memory card but I need to charge the batteries for the camera & make sure my Kindle is ready for the flight!

Disneygrl36 said:
I wouldn't want to work on next year's stuff either Angie.
I feel you Kim as I usually forget to do that until right before we leave. I have a new memory card but I need to charge the batteries for the camera & make sure my Kindle is ready for the flight!

Shoot... I forgot about the iPad....

I did some packing today too and finished all my end of month stuff at the office. Now to make time to finish packing, mani, pedi and possibly hair appointment and Ill be good. :thumbsup2 Yesterday, John and I sat down and planned out our extra days in Hollywood (with some help from my travel guru friend Jeff, thanks Jeff!!). :) We are so ready to go!! So what will we doing at this time next week????

I did some packing today too and finished all my end of month stuff at the office. Now to make time to finish packing, mani, pedi and possibly hair appointment and Ill be good. :thumbsup2 Yesterday, John and I sat down and planned out our extra days in Hollywood (with some help from my travel guru friend Jeff, thanks Jeff!!). :) We are so ready to go!! So what will we doing at this time next week????

Happy to help! Don't forget the extra (empty) suitcase!!!

I've been reading the grad night threads on the Disneyland board and I'm starting to get a little worried about grad night.

I've been reading the grad night threads on the Disneyland board and I'm starting to get a little worried about grad night.

There were grad nights going on last week when Val & I were there. We didn't find it too bad though. Certainly not as bad as the South American tour groups you may be thinking about.

Wanted to remind everybody to be sure you see CarsLand at night. All the 50's era neon is turned on and the rockwork is illuminated.

Sitting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow waiting for my flight to LAX :cool1:.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days and all the amazing things we are going to see.

There were grad nights going on last week when Val & I were there. We didn't find it too bad though. Certainly not as bad as the South American tour groups you may be thinking about.

Jeff - Pop over to the Disneyland board and read some of the horror stories over there. They sound 100 times worse than certain groups from South America.

Jeff - Pop over to the Disneyland board and read some of the horror stories over there. They sound 100 times worse than certain groups from South America.

I've read those too Nancy. Not saying their points aren't valid but keep in mind you're reading posts of people who are actually complaining. How many people went and were not bothered by grad nights we just don't know.

As far as ABD goes, you'll be insulated from some of that with special activities and restricted viewing areas. Can't say more without giving away things. :rolleyes1

Sitting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow waiting for my flight to LAX :cool1:.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days and all the amazing things we are going to see.

Safe travels Rory!

Really not in the mood for work today.........:rolleyes:

Anybody else's fur babies get mad and start pouting when they see you get your luggage out? hahahaha

4 days from right now Christy and I will be sitting at Hartsfield waiting on our flight..YAY!!! I know I haven't been too active on the thread but want you all to know I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on Sunday! :goodvibes

Anybody else's fur babies get mad and start pouting when they see you get your luggage out? hahahaha

4 days from right now Christy and I will be sitting at Hartsfield waiting on our flight..YAY!!! I know I haven't been too active on the thread but want you all to know I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on Sunday! :goodvibes

Mine jumps in the suitcase when I pull it out. However it has been out for a month now so she's not bothered by it right now however Saturday morning when it's loaded in the car she will be inconsolable.

Mine jumps in the suitcase when I pull it out. However it has been out for a month now so she's not bothered by it right now however Saturday morning when it's loaded in the car she will be inconsolable.

By the look on my Shih Tzu's face when I started packing last night and the way he was acting you would have thought his whole world was coming to an end. I kinda felt bad....not bad enough to stay home though..hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter