• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Disneygrl36 said:
Anyone else feeling very grouchy at work?????
I am ready for vacation NOW!

I am!!!! I have been useless at work all week and next week will only be worse...sigh. MUST FOCUS!

We leave ATL one week from tomorrow!!!!!!

DisneyKevin said:
Hi Folks,

Two weeks from today, your Adventure begins!:banana::banana::banana:

I just want to let you know that I will be around all week, but I am leaving on a cruise beginning June 2nd.

If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know before then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. I'm sure that we'll be fine. We'll miss you on our tour but sure do hope that you enjoy your cruise!

DisneyKevin said:
Hi Folks,

Two weeks from today, your Adventure begins!:banana::banana::banana:

I just want to let you know that I will be around all week, but I am leaving on a cruise beginning June 2nd.

If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know before then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. I'm sure that we'll be fine. We'll miss you on our tour but sure do hope that you enjoy your cruise!

This Buffalo guy will be wearing shorts! (My Buffalo gal will likely have a jacket, though.)

Accuweather does a 30-day extended now. Of course it's meaningless. So is any 10-day. Extended forecasts are a scam put forth by meteorologists because the public wants to know long-range forecasts and they don't want to tell you that they can't do it. Anything beyond 5 days they basically take somewhere around the statistical norm, which is why if you compare different long-range forecasts, they are all slightly different but usually close to "average". (The 30-day shows 6/7 to be high of 73.)

The best place I find for extended predictions is to go to weatherunderground and use the "Travel Planner". Pick location and dates and you will see the weather for the last 15 years. In this case, for June 8th - 15th in Anahiem for last 15 years:

Top ConditionsWeather Observed Recorded Days (of 119 total)
Partly Cloudy 50 days (42%)
Cloudy 37 days (31%)
Sunny 32 days (27%)
Rain 7 days (6%)
Thunderstorms 0 days (0%)

Note those 7 "rain" days had a total of 0.03 inches COMBINED of rain, with the most being 0.02 inches in a single day.

Average high temp: 72 F
Highest high temp: 91 F
Lowest high temp: 66 F

Average low temp: 59 F
Highest low temp: 66 F
Lowest low temp: 56 F

I'm off now to figure out the temp in Celsius so I can decide what to bring. Thanks for the info

Thought you folks might be interested in this news story about the characters on Hollywood Blvd. :eek:

Yikes thanks Jeff! I remember the character out there being kind of sketchy but didn't see any displays of violence. The weirdest one we saw was a Charlie Chaplin that kept walking around mumbling to himself.

In other news.............it's 8 days til we leave.
I am heading out for my pre-trip hair cut & next week get the pre-trip mani-pedi. Woohoo :woohoo:

In other news.............it's 8 days til we leave.
I am heading out for my pre-trip hair cut & next week get the pre-trip mani-pedi. Woohoo :woohoo:

Getting my hair done tomorrow. Need to finish the laundry and pack the clothes that are washed. 8 days can't come soon enough.

Thought you folks might be interested in this news story about the characters on Hollywood Blvd.

I was there with WebmasterLeah & her family last weekend, and the kids wanted a couple of pictures. The Ironmen were fine, but the Stormtroopers wanted them to go to an ATM so they could give them more money. :eek:

Weather is supposed to be triple digits ºF, which would be around 30+ºC, today. I'm sure it will cool down before y'all get here. :)

I was there with WebmasterLeah & her family last weekend, and the kids wanted a couple of pictures. The Ironmen were fine, but the Stormtroopers wanted them to go to an ATM so they could give them more money. :eek:

...and we'll stay far far away from the superheroes. LOL

Just been reading the log from last night's chat.

Pete I'm happy to talk to the guys when I see them on Wednesday about the podcast recording if you want. But I thought you were busy on that day with the farmers market and WB tour?

So I realized after chat last night that there was a question I had meant to ask. Should the ABD luggage tags go on our suitcases before we check them at our home airport, or should we wait until we arrive at LAX and retrieve them from baggage claim to attach the tags?

Roryh22 said:
Just been reading the log from last night's chat.

Pete I'm happy to talk to the guys when I see them on Wednesday about the podcast recording if you want. But I thought you were busy on that day with the farmers market and WB tour?

If you find out I would love to hear... once the sun goes down Saturday we don't have concrete plans until dinner on Sunday.

I have a question too.....I don't think we have to tip the driver that picks up from the airport or bell services at the Loews hotel when we get there but I can't remember if that is true or not?

So I realized after chat last night that there was a question I had meant to ask. Should the ABD luggage tags go on our suitcases before we check them at our home airport, or should we wait until we arrive at LAX and retrieve them from baggage claim to attach the tags?
I think you put them on before you leave home.

One week from today.....
Woohoo :woohoo: It can't get here soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter