• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

DisneyKevin said:
Let me see if I can shed some light on the issue of "dress code"...

The Welcome Dinner and the Farewell Dinner are going to be listed as "smart casual". I think most folks would be comfortable in a pair of khakis and a polo shirt (or your equivalent) I'm sure that the women will be able to extrapolate from that what they will want to wear.

Please don't misunderstand me....you do not need to go out and buy fancier clothes. That being said, you might be uncomfortable in cutoffs, flip flops and tshirt that says "I'm With Stupid". :)

So... as I pack.... would a non tshirt top, dress jeans, and dressier shoes be comfortable? I am slightly limited on dress casual and I'm trying to work out my options.

So... as I pack.... would a non tshirt top, dress jeans, and dressier shoes be comfortable? I am slightly limited on dress casual and I'm trying to work out my options.

You will be absolutely fine.

DO NOT STRESS over this.;)

What beach is most accessible from the Warner Brothers lot tour? My mom has never seen the Pacific and our lot tour is at 3:45pm. Since sunset is about 8pm I would love to get her out for a lil before sunset and so we can watch it set.

And if there is any good restaurant in that area that's reasonably priced for dinner, I would welcome the suggestions.

I would say that Santa Monica would have the closest beach to you (Sunset Blvd all the way down to the beach). How would you get to it, would you rent a car?

As for restaurants, you're going to be in the Hollywood area, right? There is a California Pizza Kitchen that has good food at reasonable prices right there near where you will be staying.

Thanks Mary Jo!
Is the carousel in Griffith Park open every Sunday? Per the website it looks like it is, but I want to make sure & see it this time. Last time we were there it was closed & all boarded up.

I was just there with Leah Zanolla & her family last weekend, and we rode the carousel. I would think that it would be open when you all get over here. It was the first time I rode it. We all loved it.

I have to finish packing today and tomorrow. The kitties and I leave Thursday at 5am to do about half the drive to Ohio to meet Mom. Hopefully also I will get into Virginia early enough to get into chat from the hotel.

I am going crazy waiting for the last day of work to end.

Safe Travels Kim, :car:See you soon!party:

What beach is most accessible from the Warner Brothers lot tour? My mom has never seen the Pacific and our lot tour is at 3:45pm. Since sunset is about 8pm I would love to get her out for a lil before sunset and so we can watch it set.

And if there is any good restaurant in that area that's reasonably priced for dinner, I would welcome the suggestions.

I want to second Santa Monica beach and pier. It is ultimately California. We went there last trip out for the evening. Beautiful beach and then ride the ferris wheel after dark for a view of the pier/city.

Must remember to share suitcases....short/curvy girl & tall/skinny man cannot share clothes for sure!

Anyone else feeling very grouchy at work?????
I am ready for vacation NOW!

Mel - I so know what you mean. I am so unmotivated at work - just want the time to hurry up. My colleagues will be very glad when the grump finally takes off :)

Monday is a holiday here so only 5 work days left :cool1:

Still have to get a suitcase off Christine, my mum bought one over for me and I said that isnt big enough for what I am taking with me let alone what I plan to bring back :confused3

Pete - will be getting the Tim Tams at the weekend. Hopefully they will last till we get there :rotfl:

Probably going to miss chat again this week as I have an early shift at work tomorrow.

Off to Waterloo to pickup some dollars for this trip.

Starting to see some weather forecasts for our adventure. The 10 day forecast shows Anaheim Friday 6/7 as sunny and 77 degrees high, low 61 and Saturday about the same. Perfect touring weather but this Florida girl will definately need a jacket! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Anyone else feeling very grouchy at work?????
I am ready for vacation NOW!

I'm pretty lucky; my last day of school with kids was last Friday, and I just have to do permanent records and I'll be "officially" finished for the summer.

Starting to see some weather forecasts for our adventure. The 10 day forecast shows Anaheim Friday 6/7 as sunny and 77 degrees high, low 61 and Saturday about the same. Perfect touring weather but this Florida girl will definately need a jacket! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

I've been keeping an eye on the weather too. The 6/7 forecast seems pretty typical. I hope it stays that way, as sunny with a high in the 70s sounds awfully nice.

This Buffalo guy will be wearing shorts! (My Buffalo gal will likely have a jacket, though.)

Accuweather does a 30-day extended now. Of course it's meaningless. So is any 10-day. Extended forecasts are a scam put forth by meteorologists because the public wants to know long-range forecasts and they don't want to tell you that they can't do it. Anything beyond 5 days they basically take somewhere around the statistical norm, which is why if you compare different long-range forecasts, they are all slightly different but usually close to "average". (The 30-day shows 6/7 to be high of 73.)

The best place I find for extended predictions is to go to weatherunderground and use the "Travel Planner". Pick location and dates and you will see the weather for the last 15 years. In this case, for June 8th - 15th in Anahiem for last 15 years:

Top ConditionsWeather Observed Recorded Days (of 119 total)
Partly Cloudy 50 days (42%)
Cloudy 37 days (31%)
Sunny 32 days (27%)
Rain 7 days (6%)
Thunderstorms 0 days (0%)

Note those 7 "rain" days had a total of 0.03 inches COMBINED of rain, with the most being 0.02 inches in a single day.

Average high temp: 72 F
Highest high temp: 91 F
Lowest high temp: 66 F

Average low temp: 59 F
Highest low temp: 66 F
Lowest low temp: 56 F

Accuweather does a 30-day extended now. Of course it's meaningless. So is any 10-day. Extended forecasts are a scam put forth by meteorologists because the public wants to know long-range forecasts and they don't want to tell you that they can't do it. Anything beyond 5 days they basically take somewhere around the statistical norm, which is why if you compare different long-range forecasts, they are all slightly different but usually close to "average". (The 30-day shows 6/7 to be high of 73.)

I personally have a hard time trusting even the five day forecast; predicting the weather is not an easy thing to do. Last week on Thursday weather.com was saying we had a 0% chance of rain while it was raining outside. (Aside from the obvious problems with this, the math major in me has difficulty believing that there's a 0% chance of anything; I realize that they're probably rounding, but I think I'd be more likely to believe them if they said <1% instead.)

This Buffalo guy will be wearing shorts! (My Buffalo gal will likely have a jacket, though.)

Top ConditionsWeather Observed Recorded Days (of 119 total)
Partly Cloudy 50 days (42%)
Cloudy 37 days (31%)
Sunny 32 days (27%)
Rain 7 days (6%)
Thunderstorms 0 days (0%)

Note those 7 "rain" days had a total of 0.03 inches COMBINED of rain, with the most being 0.02 inches in a single day.

Average high temp: 72 F
Highest high temp: 91 F
Lowest high temp: 66 F

Average low temp: 59 F
Highest low temp: 66 F
Lowest low temp: 56 F

Again, this Florida girl is going to freeze? :goofy: LOL. Time to rethink the packing.

Me and my daughter are doing the warner bros. tour on Sat. June 8th at 4pm.
We may run into each other. And my daughter (19 yrs old) does want to see the pacific and i have been looking into it.

That sounds like perfect weather!!!!!

Again, this Florida girl is going to freeze? :goofy: LOL. Time to rethink the packing.

I consider the "perfect" temperature for outside activity to be about 68 degrees, so I will be very happy.

But anyways, even if it warms up, remember we will be inside as much as outside most days (though DLR is MORE outside than WDW since many of the queues are outside) so really a layer that you can take on and off is probably the way to go. Evenings I think will cool quickly with the dry air, so while the lows are probably towards morning, I think that by 9 PM we will frequently be down in the 60s.

Aside from the obvious problems with this, the math major in me has difficulty believing that there's a 0% chance of anything; I realize that they're probably rounding, but I think I'd be more likely to believe them if they said <1% instead.

While agree nothing is 0 %, the odds of us getting significant rainfall even one day of our trip is extremely low.

http://www.climatestations.com/images/stories/los-angeles/laprcp3.gif

I looked at charts for the 2nd wettest years in history (wettest was in 1880's and couldn't find chart) and still no rain in the summer:

http://www.climatestations.com/images/stories/los-angeles/LACV0405.GIF

Put simply, it rarely rains in Southern California in the summertime.
(Isn't that a song lyric?? Perhaps I am thinking of:
"When California slides into the ocean
Like the mystics in statistics say it will")

Peter

P.S. Nope, looked it up, Albert Hammond:
"Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl don't they warn ya
It pours, man it pours"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter