• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

I know that I'm meeting the guys from the 5th to do some stuff in LA before the ABD tour starts. Such as the farmers market, Paramount studio tour and Universal Studios.

Awesome! I was wondering if they would do Universal. Have fun with the guys!

I did not know these things.

I thought they would be spending their extra days in quite personal reflection.

Or...doing laundry.:)

I dont know if I should be saying this, but Pete told me they were heading to Universal and Paramount Studios.

I'm hoping to meet up with them at Universal, not sure what day they are going.

In honor of 17 days until the start of our adventure - 17 pictures from...

No beachballs anymore, only slow moving, poorly controlled tires!

This was one of my favorite moments last year, the CM getting to have fun on the ride. My "training" at work is never like this.

Radiator Springs namesake. You won't see this featured in the Cars movie - however, do a web search for the short "Time Travel Mater". It ties DIRECTLY into Carsland & Radiator Springs and is well worth the 6 minutes it takes to view it! There are several references in it that are specific to the park.

Best QS dining view in the park!

Flo and the motorama girls.

Night falls on Raditator Springs...

As Mater says: "We'll be seein' Ya'll again real soon!"

I'm really looking forward to seeing radiator springs at night. When we saw if for cast member previews it was early morning and we had to leave by noon.

I'm really looking forward to seeing radiator springs at night. When we saw if for cast member previews it was early morning and we had to leave by noon.

Val & I spent some time wandering around CarsLand last night. It really is a must-do.

Is it me or are the days inching by? This trip can't get here quick enough!:upsidedow

My work is crazy and so is my wifes'. (The cemetary she works at gets super-busy in May.) Time is just flying by for me. :scared:

Just found out my boss is going out of town June 5th - 10th. I am normally in charge when he is gone, so likely I will be "the boss" for the 3 days before our trip. I hope nothing goes seriously wrong, because my brain will NOT be focused.

In other news, I think we are going to tell our daughter tonight that we are going...stay tuned. popcorn::

Last night of Thursday swim - so I'll probably be late to chat again.

Is it me or are the days inching by? This trip can't get here quick enough!:upsidedow
I feel the same way.:confused3

Val & I spent some time wandering around CarsLand last night. It really is a must-do.
Really looking forward to this & want to make sure we time it to be there when the neon comes on at sunset.

I'm dying trying to get through these last days....
It does seem like they are dragging by for some reason.

My work is crazy and so is my wifes'. (The cemetary she works at gets super-busy in May.) Time is just flying by for me. :scared:

Just found out my boss is going out of town June 5th - 10th. I am normally in charge when he is gone, so likely I will be "the boss" for the 3 days before our trip. I hope nothing goes seriously wrong, because my brain will NOT be focused.

In other news, I think we are going to tell our daughter tonight that we are going...stay tuned. popcorn::

Last night of Thursday swim - so I'll probably be late to chat again.
Loved the pictures Pete.
So is May a popular month to die?:rotfl2:
Good luck telling your daughter & see you in chat tonight.

So is May a popular month to die?:rotfl2:

Death is a pretty steady business. (I always joke she found the only truly recession-proof job.) BUT, May is a popular month for visiting the dead. Ulana has her regular duties to deal with, but also has to man the front desk, so they just have to deal with a LOT more walk-ins that are trying to find the location of their loved ones. So, she tends to get wayyy behind on her regular work.

Though, to answer the question of the most popular time to die - believe it or not, around major holidays (Christmas and Thanksgiving particularly) is a slightly more popular time to die.

So, I started watching the AULANI broadcast last week. Finally got all the references in chat to winning a trip to Aulani - I thought we were just being theoretical!

Anyways, Pete W. mentioned on it that they would be taping a show for the week of June 11th on the Sunday right before the start of the DIS ABD trip.

Anybody got an inside track into whether that will be something we could attend/watch the taping?? Not sure how to ask the podcast crew...Facebook with Pete W?

So, I started watching the AULANI broadcast last week. Finally got all the references in chat to winning a trip to Aulani - I thought we were just being theoretical!

Anyways, Pete W. mentioned on it that they would be taping a show for the week of June 11th on the Sunday right before the start of the DIS ABD trip.

Anybody got an inside track into whether that will be something we could attend/watch the taping?? Not sure how to ask the podcast crew...Facebook with Pete W?

Unfortunately, I dont know where or when the podcast will be done.

Your best bet would be to ask on Facebook, Twitter etc.

What is going on??? I was just looking at the park hours page so I could bookmark it on my phone and.......

Mad T Party is gone!!!

It's on Saturday :(

What is going on??? I was just looking at the park hours page so I could bookmark it on my phone and.......

Mad T Party is gone!!!

It's on Saturday :(

I just looked at the Disneyland website, and I'm seeing the Mad T Party on both Friday and Saturday. On Friday it's listed as being from 7:00-10:30, although the park itself closes at 10:00. (Perhaps the last half hour is just for grad nights.) I did have to scroll to the very end of the page. Hopefully that's accurate. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter