2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Wow! It's still so weird to be planning on a trip 18 months away. I have not seen my paperwork but I did book several days after you. Let's see if I can actually keep up with this paperwork for the next year and a half.

No no no :scared1: Some of it has to be returned in 15 days or they consider you canceled! So don't just throw it on your desk and forget about it. That would make me so sad! :hug:

No no no :scared1: Some of it has to be returned in 15 days or they consider you canceled! So don't just throw it on your desk and forget about it. That would make me so sad! :hug:

:scared1: wow! Thanks for pointing that out.
We are ready to leave for PCC 3.0 and were not really paying attention to the paperwork for a trip 18 months away.

I am so glad you mentioned that. It goes in the mail on our way to the airport!

Thank you! :hippie:

Thanks for reminding me! I'll jump right on it when it arrives. It would not do to be canceled out of this trip.

How long does it take once you make your depoist to get the paperwork?? This will be so exciting getting paperwork in the mail!!! I am so excited about this trip and hoping to make many friends along the way.:goodvibes

How long does it take once you make your depoist to get the paperwork?? This will be so exciting getting paperwork in the mail!!! I am so excited about this trip and hoping to make many friends along the way.:goodvibes

I'm thinking it was two weeks from the time I made the deposit with Kevin until the paperwork showed up. It's something like that. Gives you something to look forward to though!

I'm thinking it was two weeks from the time I made the deposit with Kevin until the paperwork showed up. It's something like that. Gives you something to look forward to though!

Awesome, thank you, it will be very exciting to get that in the mail.:thumbsup2

Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, and my husband Steve and I are so excited to be joining in this ABD/BSM trip! This will be our first ABD and our first time at Disneyland. I literally cannot wait to walk where Walt walked...and you'll have to forgive me, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and assume I will be in tears at least once on this trip (every time Teresa cries on the podcast, hubby looks at me to see if I'm tearing up, too, if that tells you anything). We promised ourselves that once our credit cards were paid off, an ABD BSM would be the first "real" vacation we would take...and since our credit cards will be clear come August this year (or so we are planning), we took the leap. I haven't been this excited about a vacation, since, well...um...huh...I don't think I've ever been this excited! LOL! Steve was stationed in CA while he was in the Navy, so I suspect we will do some pre-trip time in San Diego, but nothing is definite yet. For your previous ABDers, any advice on the best time to start watching for airfare deals? I know it's still too soon, but I have to plan SOMETHING! :goodvibes

Hope everyone on PCC 3.0 has a great time, and I get to meet some of you on PCC 4.0! Ta Ta For Now! ;)

Hey Erica! Welcome to the group! You guys are going L-O-V-E this trip, so no worries there. I've been on this one before and I remember that several people teared up in Walt's apartment in particular. Just bring a box of tissues and you'll be fine!

Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, and my husband Steve and I are so excited to be joining in this ABD/BSM trip! This will be our first ABD and our first time at Disneyland. I literally cannot wait to walk where Walt walked...and you'll have to forgive me, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and assume I will be in tears at least once on this trip (every time Teresa cries on the podcast, hubby looks at me to see if I'm tearing up, too, if that tells you anything). We promised ourselves that once our credit cards were paid off, an ABD BSM would be the first "real" vacation we would take...and since our credit cards will be clear come August this year (or so we are planning), we took the leap. I haven't been this excited about a vacation, since, well...um...huh...I don't think I've ever been this excited! LOL! Steve was stationed in CA while he was in the Navy, so I suspect we will do some pre-trip time in San Diego, but nothing is definite yet. For your previous ABDers, any advice on the best time to start watching for airfare deals? I know it's still too soon, but I have to plan SOMETHING! :goodvibes

Hope everyone on PCC 3.0 has a great time, and I get to meet some of you on PCC 4.0! Ta Ta For Now! ;)

Hi Erica and Steve,

Welcome to the adventure, it will be an outstanding time!!!

In regards to airfare, I will tend to look at rates a few times per week as soon as my airline (United) makes the dates available in their system. I've ended up buying my tickets between 4-6 months out for my previous trips, as that is when I've seen prices drop (ending up between $350-$450 R/T to and from Newark...I live in Northern NJ). With this trip being close to Christmas, I plan on really keeping a close eye on airfares, and if I see a good price I will grab it.

I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.

Hope this helps!

Jason

I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.

Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis

Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis

Hi Wallis,

ABD will provide transfers from DL to the Orange County Airport / John Wayne for dartures only.

The last time for transfer departures is at 4:00pm for either airport.

If you want to depart laterr 4:00pm, transfers will be on your own.

This is the same for all guests.

If you decide to book any additional nights on your own, you will be responsible for your own transfers. Again, this is the same or all guests.

There are several efficient ways to get to either airport, should you wish to take a late flight.

Many previous guests have had luck with Super Shuttle or a taxi.

Kevin,

you should be enjoying the cruise!!

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way

Kevin,

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way

Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.

My husband Leo and I are planning to come in on that Thursday (12/12) before and want to take the red eye out that Friday night
(12/20). We are thinking of renting a car for those first few days so we can go to Universal maybe and also so we can get ourselves back to the airport to meet everyone else on Sunday the 15th.

I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.

Kevin,

A cab from the Disneyland Resort to the SNA/Orange County airport will be about $40.00 (excluding tip). The valet desk at the Grand Californian often has $10.00 off coupons/vouchers that they give out to guests catching cabs. A Super Shuttle shared van can be as cheap as $8.00 per person.

Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.

I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.

I'm thinking about coming in a few days early to Anaheim and spending some pre-peak holiday time at Disneyland. I think the resort will be very crowded and the hotel rates at peak when our adventure ends, and I'm hoping it will be better the week before.

Hey there y'all! I thought I would post the link to my Backstage Magic scrapbook from 2010 for folks that might be interested in seeing the photos. There may be some spoilers in there, so view at your own risk!
Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/viewPreview.sfly?fid=5a921d789e6cc196c9f3edf1ebadc1fb

Lauren, when I use the link I go to the main Shutterfly page, and I tried searching for Stenogoddess but I can't find you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter