2013 Dining Plan Participants - I'm getting impatient!!

maureeny

Earning My Ears
I've been waiting for several months because I've heard that sometimes it's the fall before all restaurants renew their contracts with Disney - to be a part of the dining plan again.

We're going in January, and I still have 4-5 of our favorites that still need to join - hurry up!!!!!

PS - I made our reservations already... now I just need them to jump back onboard!!

I've heard that sometimes it's the fall before all restaurants renew their contracts with Disney - to be a part of the dining plan again.

This is incorrect.

Actually, they often don't finalize the contracts until December.

Sorry! But you've done the right thing by making your ADRs already. It is very, very rare that there is a change in restaurants on the Dining Plan, and usually there is lots of advance notice. Le Cellier is a good example; WDW warned us like 6 months ago that lunch would be Signature status in 2013. Anyhow, good luck!

I was having the same concerns. I heard they have until the end of the year to sign. We are going in the beginning of February so I made my ADRs for the places I wanted, assuming that things won't change from last year. Good luck!

This is incorrect.

Actually, they often don't finalize the contracts until December.

Sorry! But you've done the right thing by making your ADRs already. It is very, very rare that there is a change in restaurants on the Dining Plan, and usually there is lots of advance notice. Le Cellier is a good example; WDW warned us like 6 months ago that lunch would be Signature status in 2013. Anyhow, good luck!

thank you very much - I feel better. (still impatient, but better!) :rotfl:

As far as participation is concerned, in the entire history of the Dining Plan (since 2005 I believe) there has only been 1 restaurant that has dropped participation. That was Fulton's after the first year. For 2012, they rejoined and brought a lot of formerly non-participating restaurants with them. As such, it's very safe to assume that those who were on the plan for 2012 will be on it for 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter