2013 Destash- this is the year!

4 Ears

previously 8 Ears
Here it is all. Let's all support each other in destashing our homes!
Best I've got this early on New Years morning 2013! :)

4 Ears said:
Here it is all. Let's all support each other in destashing our homes!
Best I've got this early on New Years morning 2013! :)

Thanks for starting this thread and for the 2012 thread! It really helped stay on task through most of the year. It's crazy I got rid of so much and there's still more to go through. My goals for this year are the desk & closet by the front door, my dresser and then the storage space we have on the basement. We also have a storage unit off sight - once we make room downstairs for things we really want to keep, I am confident we'll be able to get rid of a lot of what is there.

Happy New Year!!

im in............. time to start pitching.................................

I'm in! Our house is a wreck. Seems we still have boxes that are unpacked in the garage from when we moved here (7 years ago). Took a bunch of stuff to Salvation Army last weekend. More to go next weekend - desk, glider & ottoman from baby (who is now 3 and has bunk beds in his brother's room) room. Also cleaned the playroom this week and have a bag to go from there.

Books are next. Boys got a bunch of new ones for Christmas - need to clean out the old ones. Those get sent to their school/daycare.

Doesn't help that we're in the process of making built-in bookshelves. The living room is a disaster at this point. lol

I kept reading the 2012 thread hoping I would join in and start. I own more stuff than anyone should! I am committed to this is 2013 but it will be so hard! Good luck to you all ( and to myself as I am going to need it)!

I'm in. I really need to do this again. I found the 2012 thread at the end of the year & I did get a full car load to Goodwill & 2 separate bags out yesterday before year end, but I have a long way to go. 1st priority is kitchen clutter & some sort of organization for freezer & food cupboards.

I am in for this. I would like to spend 15 minutes a day organizing things.

This is a huge goal of mine too and a very high priority for this upcoming year! :thumbsup2 I've been telling my DH that I'd like to start with one room and go through each one, top to bottom, organizing, donating things we no longer need, and then complete it with a thorough cleaning.

I'll be reading with you all :goodvibes

Heather

Thanks for starting the thread - I'm looking forward to paring down with all of you!

I'm in again too! I went through my dresser and bedside table last night in anticipation of the new year projects. The main 2 levels of the house look good from last year but I want to go back through and re-do some spots that still get cluttered.

My main projects are still the basement and garage. I made good progress on the basement last year but have a few more areas to finish. The garage was looking better but somehow it gets cluttered so easily and needs to be organized again.

Starting some areas today. Gotta stay on top of things

How does this work? There is SO much stuff I want to get rid of!

It can work however you want - we usually post projects we're working on, items or loads that were donated or sold, and ask questions. It can be very inspiring to read and share progress. Just pick whatever you want to work on and jump right in!

StephMK said:
It can work however you want - we usually post projects we're working on, items or loads that were donated or sold, and ask questions. It can be very inspiring to read and share progress. Just pick whatever you want to work on and jump right in!

Ooo. This sounds exciting. Where to start....

I went through my 5 year old's toys about a month before Christmas and donated the ones I pulled. I have also gone through her old clothes and shoes and donated them as well. My husband is installing two shelves in her closet to hold her Lego sets and the larger toys she received for Christmas and I bought an over-the-door shoe organizer to hold her Barbies and Polly pocket dolls. Next up, my closet!

This is such a good idea! I'm well on the way to my health resolutions and feel good about those happening, but I really need to de-clutter the places that I always close the door to when company comes over! Maybe if I have a place to report my progress it will actually get done! :goodvibes

I am in!!

Started this morning with the front closet. I found 19 empty shoe boxes and lots of purses/ bags/ coats to sell.

we will see how much I can get rid of and how much I can make

1 bag to recycle
0 bag to trash
0 bag to donate
0 money made

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!