2013 dates

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by buster 101, Aug 22, 2011.

1. luvmy2babies

luvmy2babies DIS Veteran

:confused3 I don't understand. For me, it's not so much the wait, but the secrecy. No one knows when the dates will be released. What would be so hard about having a set date and only communicating if it can't be met? I mean it isn't like other lines that have a bazillion ships to choose from.

All I want is to stop having to think about it every single day. I want nothing more than a normal 5 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream in June 2013-Itinerary A in a Deluxe Ocean View Family room-the one with the big window that has a chair next to it.

I just want to get it booked and get on with it. This is taking up valuable space in my brain I need for our trip to Sea World in 2 weeks and our trip to WDW in June 2012. :lmao:

I really want to do this with my children and I figure the only way to get a decent price and get 1st seating for dining is to get in as soon as the general public can book, but I have to admit this is nerve wracking. :crazy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

So glad you posted this. It also makes Thanksgiving a Western as well.

4. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with DCL rep.
    We are hoping the Magic will go to the Eastern Mediterranean 2013 ( Greece, etc ).
    She said it could be Dec. before they know because it takes time to arrange all the ports. I really believe DCL will do the Eastern Med because all but Rome will be new ports and that takes time to iron everything out. So if they weren't going there, I think the 2013 itineraries would already have been announced !
    Plus, ABD has already made plans for Greece !!
    I'm anxious to find out , but encouraged to see all the signs pointing to the Eastern Med !!!

Here's hoping :thumbsup2

5. CruznLexi

CruznLexi DIS Veteran

I think they have so many ships going to Alaska and Europe that all those ships and port times must be coordinated before it can be released. Unlike the carribbean and Bahamas where you have lots of ships leaving in different days and all year round you have a short time frame especially with Disney 4 months where on RCI you have an additional 2 months. With the port schedule so far it looks like the Magic will leave Tx is late April. But where it will go? I am hoping Europe for a TA.

6. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

7. EcbLovesMickey

EcbLovesMickey Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!

Just got a tweet to look for a Disney Fantasy announcement tomorrow!!!!

8. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

9. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

10. G'sMaman

G'sMaman Mouseketeer

I'm right there with you! I like the way you think - it certainly does make a lot of sense. I would take either the Baltic or Eastern Med. This waiting is driving me (and consequently my dh) crazy! :surfweb:

11. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Stop driving yourself crazy; just give your wish list & info to a good TA. I spoke with mine last night and she already has a stack of requests for whenever the dates are released.
    I was planning on Alaska in 2013 but now we need a roof; Alaska will have to wait another year so none in her stack are mine, but usually I tell her what I want, down to the cabin #, and it's in an email by the time I get home from work. She keeps my cc on file an it's all set.

12. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

So maybe an announcement after October 18 for 2013? and then I hear Fantasy announcement tomorrow morning.. progress..

13. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

With all of the talk about Greece, well, my wish for a cruise in 2013 is one that goes to the Holy Land. Princess and RCCL go and many of the itineraries begin or end in Pireaus or Rome. I wonder if DCL will ever do that cruise, and Egypt!:goodvibes

14. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

I wonder if that will be about the Aqua Duck changes they did a 'teaser' on with the photo of Huey, Dewey & Luie? Perhaps water speed and temps will be 'adjustable'. :confused3

15. purceller

purceller Irish Papa Mouse

Thank you, I second that.

Eric

16. luvmy2babies

luvmy2babies DIS Veteran

I think I'm just going to revisit this after we get back from Sea World. It will be November by then. Have fun everyone. :goodvibes

17. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

18. acomasdiaz

acomasdiaz DIS Veteran

Still waiting....:surfweb:

19. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the link about the Fantasy, those water areas look great, especially the interactive one!

20. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

On Oct 18th, the new Category listings take effect for The Dream and Fantasy. So, I am guessing nothing is coming until after that date at the earliest.

21. CruznLexi

CruznLexi DIS Veteran

Per my Cruise blog next week in national Cruise week and most lines will be having sales it included Disney so new places maybe.