• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Candle Light Processional

I am not sure but I think it's the recommendation of the author on "best bang for your buck". :)

CP is absolutely a must do. We did our first Disney Christmas in 2011 (literally, were there for 9 days leading up to Christmas, then drove home the day after). CP was the highlight of the trip for us....it was the event that we most looked forward to, and the one we enjoyed the most.
We saw Trace Adkins in 2011, and did the dining package with dinner at Rose & Crown. Trace was PHENOMENAL.
Last year....early December, DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas so I *jokingly* told him "weekend getaway to WDW just to see CP". Guess what? He did it! We went the following weekend, pulled DD (8YO, 2nd grade) out of school for one day. Lea Solonga was the narrator, and she was incredible!! We were able to get a dining package also on short notice, I was SO relieved, and we ate at Garden Grille.
On Christmas Eve, while I was driving home from work with DD in the backseat (she attended camp that day at the day care my employer has onsite) she said "I wish we could hear the story told in the Candlelight Processional". Hour commute home, searched YouTube for past performances and linked the cell phone up to the car speakers via bluetooth and BAM...cried like a baby all the way home. That story, the way it's told in the CP experience, is very emotional for us. And the music....OMG, the music.....the night before our day in the park this past December, we had dinner on the Boardwalk property and parked behind that Hess station right there at the corner. While walking to our car, the chorus was singing "Hallelujah" and DH and I burst into tears right there in the parking lot.
Already looking into a weekend trip this year too so we can see it. I can see that the CP will be part of our Christmas tradition for years to come.

Oh, Stinkerbell1973, I love your family! I cry every time I'm there or hear the music!

Hold tight to your family and enjoy every moment. Is so great to share the enjoyment!

We are so lucky to be spending the Christmas week there this year. Can't wait!

Auntie Peep

Oh my goodness!! All of your posts are getting me so much more excited than I already was!! This year will be my 1st Christmas time trip to WDW and I'm just ecstatic!!

I want to try and book a CP dinner package. I'm just not sure if I should try to bring my 2year old twins to the actual CP. They love music and are really good boys but I'm not sure if they'll sit there for the whole thing. DH said he would take them back to the resort but I'd hate for him to miss it :(

Oh my goodness!! All of your posts are getting me so much more excited than I already was!! This year will be my 1st Christmas time trip to WDW and I'm just ecstatic!!

I want to try and book a CP dinner package. I'm just not sure if I should try to bring my 2year old twins to the actual CP. They love music and are really good boys but I'm not sure if they'll sit there for the whole thing. DH said he would take them back to the resort but I'd hate for him to miss it :(

Have you thought of using one of the childcare centres and having a night out with your dh?:)
That might be fun if you are comfortable with that. We've used Simbas Club at AKL and will be using the Neverland Club at the Poly on an upcoming trip. My ds enjoyed it and we LOVED having some parent time:)

Three years ago did CP on Christmas Eve and it set the whole Christmas mood for the trip. Tried to do it the next year but both kids ended up sick on December 23 and spent Christmas Eve in bed. They managed Christmas Day on a quiet schedule. This year we arrive on December 22 so I am hoping for CP on Christmas Eve and we are surprising the kids with breakfast in the Castle on Christmas morning if I get luck on June 28th.

Nepean

I was just on the phone with dining reservations. As of today there is still no booking the CP package- she did say soon though!

Have you thought of using one of the childcare centres and having a night out with your dh?:)
That might be fun if you are comfortable with that. We've used Simbas Club at AKL and will be using the Neverland Club at the Poly on an upcoming trip. My ds enjoyed it and we LOVED having some parent time:)

@ two, they can't use the onsite day/night care (potting training is required)...unless they are amazing lil' boys (my girls didn't get it until 3/4 and the second required bribes of Cars diecasts to get it down). We used Kid's Night Out back in 12/08, which was very good. Of course the sitter actually spent and hour (maybe) with the girls awake after a long day @ Epcot. :lmao:

-Kevin

Any news on when the dining packages can be booked?

There is a watch thread over on the dining reservations board if you want to keep an eye on it.

But no, no news yet. The first bit of info was released on June 13 last year, so hopefully soon.

Last year the booking date was June 26 so you may have a couple more weeks to wait.

There is a watch thread over on the dining reservations board if you want to keep an eye on it.

But no, no news yet. The first bit of info was released on June 13 last year, so hopefully soon.

Thanks. I havent seen the other thread but now I'm prepared and watching it closely :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter