2013 Canadian Club 33 Day planned for July.

Holy cow..what an amazing opportunity!! Is there going to be a Trip report???

Bob Gurr designed many things, like the Autopia cars. Am I correct in thinking that he designed some of the park maps as well? I could be wrong. How amazing to meet him!

Have to admit, I am a little bit jealous! ::yes:: <--- do I look a bit green? lol

In all seriousness, what a kind, generous thing to do. I hope you all have a wonderful magical time and soak it all in! pixiedust:

eddygirl

Oh, and I will be doing a trip report, don't worry!!!

What a great opportunity for everybody! Sorry I'm going to miss it the opportunity to meet the special guest! Our last visit to 33 we had Walt's table, I am crossing my fingers we get the same table next month. Those of you who have not been to Club 33 it's simply an amazing experience!

What a great opportunity for everybody! Sorry I'm going to miss it the opportunity to meet the special guest! Our last visit to 33 we had Walt's table, I am crossing my fingers we get the same table next month. Those of you who have not been to Club 33 it's simply an amazing experience!

Walt's table! Wow... I'm just so happy to have this opportunity!

That would have been lovely, you are very sweet! However, ill be spending the 16th with my parents who are flying down to meet us. I'll have spent the day traveling g alone with my five year old and baby so I think we'll relax at the pool and catch up. If next year were to work out that would be wonderful

We are all really going to enjoy Bob. Bob and I have a friend in common and about a month ago he had arranged for us to have drinks with Bob at Napa Rose. I had previously met Bob a couple of times but never had so much one on one time as this past visit. I just have to say, wait and see. An amazing person. I had so much to ask him and he was genuinely*interested in my mundane life.*
**Bob designed the Monorail, Autopia, Astrojets, Omnimover that's the ride vehicle system used in the haunted mansion and many other attractions. Some of the first Audio-Animatronics, all the main street vehicles. Flying Saucers, that principle is now used in Luigi's flying tires in cars land, the subs, parkinglot trams and so much more. We are in for such a treat. *The Club is going to be in the shadows of Bob.*

Bob sounds wonderful. What a fantastic guest :flower3:

Hi everyone. Our day seems to be coming fast. I talked with Bob recently and he's looking forward to our lunch and meeting everyone.*

I sent everyone attending an email concerning name tags. If you didn't receive it please inform me.

Thanks. See ya soon.*

Scott

It is getting close! I am posting just to see my ticker again! :rotfl2: Just add one day and that's when we'll be dining at Club 33!

Clube33forme,
I just saw your generous offer. If it's not too late I'd love to join. Being a teacher, I am restricted as to when I can travel. I'd love to come with my daughter. I've been to WDW countless times but have never been to DL.

To westcoastgal, when traveling as a family within the U.S., we always travel out of Buffalo. If my DH and I are traveling without our kids, sometimes we'll fly out of Pearson.

jba2
I was going through the posts to make sure I had not forgotten anyone. I can't see where I specifically replied to you question. I'm hoping I had answered you via PM or email. I if I had missed your question please contact me I will find a way to include you. I will send a PM as well.

jba2 *

Sorry I panicked! I found our discussion in a PM. If you see how many people viewed this thread you can guess how many people contacted me.*

All is fine, maybe another time jba2.

Those of you who are able to attend are in for an incredible experience, and I can't begin to tell you how much I wish I could join you (having daydreams of truffled mac and cheese as I type this)...

For me, dining at Club 33 was one of those rare moments that will be an unforgettable memory for me (and I know my wife and daughter feel the same way).

Walking thru the door into the lobby gave me the same chills that I experienced the first time I walked into the old Maple Leaf Gardens and the first time I saw the Apollo rocket at the Kennedy Space Centre - I wish I could be more eloquent than to say it was an "I can't believe I'm here" moment, but that's really what it was.

It's important to just take a minute when you first enter to suck it all in, and to know that what you are about to experience is what you would have experienced had you dined there with Walt (had he lived long enough to see it completed).

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter