2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to ask, I'm currently booked gv, is PV or Lv worth the difference in cost?

We always book SV or Gv and love the GV rooms near Epcot. It is nice and out of the way, shady in the afternoon, and closer to the Epcot entrance. We've also had free upgrades to lagoon view many times. :goodvibes I personally won't pay for the more expensive view, since we spend so much time out of the room anyway.

My boyfriend and I will be staying at Disney's Beach Club this week. His key will be available for charging and mine will not. For this reason we are wondering if we would both be able to receive wristbands and gain access to Stormalong Bay on my card. Because we are a couple and are obviously staying at the same resort I don't think that there should be much question. I expect most of you to encourage us to bring both cards, but have any of you experienced success in getting in with only one KTTW card. Also, just curious to how the CMs know that we are staying at BC. Are the keys a different color?

My boyfriend and I will be staying at Disney's Beach Club this week. His key will be available for charging and mine will not. For this reason we are wondering if we would both be able to receive wristbands and gain access to Stormalong Bay on my card. Because we are a couple and are obviously staying at the same resort I don't think that there should be much question. I expect most of you to encourage us to bring both cards, but have any of you experienced success in getting in with only one KTTW card. Also, just curious to how the CMs know that we are staying at BC. Are the keys a different color?

As I posted in the other thread, we have forgotten a KTTW in the room for one of us before and have always been asked to go back and get them. The KTTW have your resort printed on them along with the dates of your stay.

You have to both have your KTTW cards sir SAB access. One card per person, sorry.

Have a great time

We retured home Thursday after a great family trip, We were at BC for the second half of our trip and loved it!!!! Some highlights:

Our only request was connecting rooms (as we have 8 kids ages 4-15) and we booked garden view. I was a little concerned about noise level with indoor hallways. We were assigned connecting rooms on the first floor that had patios facing the woods. We were right next to the laundry room so only had a room/patio on one side of us and we were right next to the "secret entrance" near Epcot. This put us also only a couple of doors away from the door to the quiet pool and also easy to get to the Marketplace.

Our younger kids went to the Sandcastle club and our teenagers did the campfire and movie on the beach while hubby and I had a date night at Shula's and they all begged to do it again!

I had a sunken treasure and wish I had gone back for another before leaving! Yummy! (Did I see that someone here has the recipe??? If so, please share!)

We ate at Beaches and Cream the day we switched over to BC. They told us an hour wait and gave us a buzzer. We sat out by the beach and were buzzed in about 35 minutes. Yummy food and ice cream!!! The kids loved it!

We checked at the concierge desk to see if any Illuminations cruises were available last minute and there was one for the next night. We had a great time, great view and it was so nice not to fight the crowds. I would recommend!!!

Storm-a-long bay was awesome but much too large for my younger kids so we ended up hanging in the sand. While I going to fill my mug, we witnessed a young girl being rescued form the lazy river by a life guard. It was great for my teens but stressed me out for the little ones so we spent more time at the quiet pool.

Loved that BC Marketplace had gluten free snacks for my son!!! Wished they were open later so we could get something when we returned from the parks though as we did the fireworks shows on this half of our trip.

Loved walking to Epcot, and the boat to HS!!!!! Can't say that enough!!! On the flip side, hated the bus to DD. Went on our last day to get souvenir gifts for folks at home before catching the ME back to the airport and really wish we had just hung at the pool.

So glad I was able to use tips I had read on here!!!! Thanks!!!

As others have said, you will each need your KTTW card. It even says this in your check in material. Personally, even if you could bring 1 card for the both of you, I'd advise bringing the card you can charge on. You might find yourselves wanting a drink or ice cream from B&C & needing that room charge. The series of numbers on your KTTW card indicate which resort you are staying at. The CMs know which numbers to look for to tell them if you are staying at their resort.

I can't remember if I mentioned here or another thread...

I've extended our October trip by a day! Unfortunately, there were no YC GV CL rooms available, so I opted for a night at the Poly - somewhere we've both wanted to stay but we haven't been able to break away from what we love :love:
- parents, brother and his gf are coming along for the trip, so we needed the extra night alone!!

Anyways, when I booked, the CM I spoke with told me that the Poly would set up transportation for me over to YC. I have my doubts on whether or not this is true. Does anyone know for sure? I've never done a split stay before, and only heard of having your luggage transported through Disney.
Thanks so much. I love reading this thread everyday. Best one on the boards :cheer2:

Goodnight all :cloud9: I have to get up early as I have a very important flight to catch:cool1:

If anyone is interested we are participating in jabead's live dining thread and she will be posting all of our meals and reviews popcorn::

I know we have had a few new posters today and I will give you all an official :welcome: in the morning.

We retured home Thursday after a great family trip, We were at BC for the second half of our trip and loved it!!!! I had a sunken treasure and wish I had gone back for another before leaving! Yummy! (Did I see that someone here has the recipe??? If so, please share!)

So glad I was able to use tips I had read on here!!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for your report. Like much of the very important info about the Yacht & Beach Club, we have the recipe and pictures of the Sunken Treasure at the beginning of this thread (page 2, Community Page):

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

DSCN2849-1.jpg
sunkentreasure.jpg

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

SunkenTreasureNinjaMom.jpg
SunkenTreasure2.jpg

Almost time for a new July thread!

Yup, and some of us are really excited to see that July activities calendar

How was the GKTW meet?

Thanks so much for the review. May I add this to page 1? We get questions about the quality of the spa a lot, and that will give me a place to reference.:thumbsup2

Yes you can posted whatever you want that I post.

Sorry it took so long to reply... but busy and just caught up!!

~N

Goodnight all :cloud9: I have to get up early as I have a very important flight to catch:cool1:

If anyone is interested we are participating in jabead's live dining thread and she will be posting all of our meals and reviews popcorn::

Have an awesome trip!!!

:yay::cool1::cheer2:

Anyways, when I booked, the CM I spoke with told me that the Poly would set up transportation for me over to YC. I have my doubts on whether or not this is true. Does anyone know for sure? I've never done a split stay before, and only heard of having your luggage transported through Disney.
Thanks so much. I love reading this thread everyday. Best one on the boards :cheer2:

Hello! We've done several split stays, and Disney has not provided transportation. (Our most recent split was Poly/BWI in January of this year.) As you mentioned, Bell Services can transfer your luggage. We've also asked the CMs in the front of resorts to help us get a cab to our new resort, but that's the extent of the transfer assistance.

So excited for you!!!! I'll be watching your live food updates too :)

I'm subscribed to that thread also. I look forward to seeing your reviews!!

Have a GREAT trip!!!

Holy cow! I take two days off from this thread and have pages and pages to read through! Phew....I'm all caught up now....

The party yesterday went well! We'll be eating all of this leftover food until we leave on the 12th! Thankfully, the rain that was predicted never came. The party was a success....although my body disagreed this morning. Yikes!

NM, Buzzy was not invited to the party....but his distant cousins Mo and Squito were there despite our best attempts to eliminate them. I was ready to rip their teeth out so they would stop bothering our guests. I found that if you drink enough Rumchata, the biting mosquitoes aren't such a nuisance (until the following day...itch, itch, itch)

Couchy, safe travels tomorrow! I'm so jealous!!

Dee, guess what comes out tomorrow?!?!?!?!?! Woo hoo!

DisneyMomx7, I can't wait to read your updates! Your room's view sounds great! We have the same category booked and really hope for a sideways view of the lagoon!

Now that the party is over, I can focus on getting my daughter ready for Fine Arts Camp at St. Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN. She goes for a week and then when we pick her up, we drive straight to WDW! Yay!!!!!

I'm making my packing list of things I can't forget. I bought the same camera TigrLuvsPooh used on her trip and now I need to figure out how it works. Hopefully our pictures will turn out as good as hers!

Another coffee question: after seeing the previous thread about coffee, my DH and I started talking about bringing his own ground coffee (he is very much the coffee snob!) packed in our bags. Which brought up this question: the coffee makers in the rooms are the kind that have filters? I'm not a coffee person at all so I'm clueless. Having his coffee on the morning makes all the difference (and I won't have to listen to him whine about will make me happy too) :)

29 days!!!

As a general hot beverage snob, I don't believe there is any reason he couldn't use the coffee maker just to brew the water. Then you could either put a filter right over the cup with some grounds in it or he could make teabags (or his own pods even) out of a filter with grounds in it. It it doesn't bother him to let air hit it this could be done from home before the trip. Sometimes when doing this if the water comes out too fast it may splatter, he could just fold up a filter and place it where the pod goes to solve that.

He may want to be prepared to get some bottled water instead of the tap water. Depending on his tastes the water is a HUGE part of your coffee so that can really mess up a good cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter