• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slushie vs Sunken? Which wins?

Hoofing to DHS from BC in August...will I melt?

Best breakfast pastry at Marketplace?

Kongaloosh!

Kongaloosh!

We've done the walk to HS in August and yes it is hot but it's doable. It makes the ac so much more enjoyable at the resort and shops at the parks. We've even done the walk in the rain which was kinda fun. We've timed our walk with the boats and we always beat the boats so we will do the walk any day.

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Don't forget to transfer the drink into your refill mug so it doesn't spill!

And so you can smuggle it out of the park too :dance3:

Nice pics :thumbsup2

Kongaloosh!

Both!!! :goodvibes

Melt? :beach: well probably, that's why it's a good idea to hydrate with lots of slushies :rotfl: and take a mid day break at SAB to cool off!

Yea, for some reason, with all the searching and planning I did, I surprised myself that I had overlooked this grilled cheese delishishness. I ordered it on a whim, and since I wasn't able to get my Beaches and Cream burger this trip, I was happy I got something different but also really tasty!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Now THAT's a plan! Chicago Mix? (Caramel & Cheese mixed together).
I had this for the first time recently. It was addictivley delicious

Kongaloosh!

The Poolside Plunge is also:cool1: yummy

Extra treat tonight. We had dinner at Cat Cora's Kouzzina, and got to meet Cat Cora herself. She happened to be in town checking on her restaurant, and came around to every table.

DW was quite excited as her family comes from the same small Greek island as Cat Cora's family, so they were able to talk about all sorts of things they had in common.

Very nice lady who really seemed to care that her restaurant was putting out quality food. One of the best meals we have had all week.

Extra treat tonight. We had dinner at Cat Cora's Kouzzina, and got to meet Cat Cora herself. She happened to be in town checking on her restaurant, and came around to every table.

DW was quite excited as her family comes from the same small Greek island as Cat Cora's family, so they were able to talk about all sorts of things they had in common.

Very nice lady who really seemed to care that her restaurant was putting out quality food. One of the best meals we have had all week.

How exciting! We have ADRs there in August!

How fun! I think she is an amazing chef!

Kongaloosh!

Great questions!!!

I'm going with Sunken, with *

We have walked from HS back to BC twice, both in the evening, in July. I'm not sure I would want to do it first thing in the morning and start the day at the park warm and sweaty.

I hear great things about the chocolate croissant.

* From Dee's deep dark secret files... :ssst:

I have never seen Wishes, I haven't had a Sunken Treasure at SAB (my only one was in Mexico) and I have never had a burger or ice cream at Beaches and Cream
(*ducks* as a whole can of whipped cream is lobbed at my head :duck: )

I plan to remedy at least a couple of these travesties on my upcoming trip.

Jealous! But I am so happy to hear about your experience. What a fantastic surprise :goodvibes

Greek food is my favorite cuisine and I would love to try out Kouzzina, but the rest of my family is not interested. I have made the Cinnamon Chicken from a recipe found on the DIS and it was yummy. What did you guys have???

:offtopic: TIP

One of my favorite discoveries at Disney are the luggage lockers outside of Hollywood Studios. Located between the bus stop and the front entrance, the lockers are single use (you can only get in once), HUGE, and cost only $1 in quarters.

These are great for us because one of our typical days is morning at AK, hop to Blizzard Beach, dinner at Boma and hop to HS- so these lockers are great for stashing our wet stuff while at HS.

Thanks kldmom2000 for this photo

LuggageLockers.jpg

HubbDave inspired this question because if I did the walk to HS in the morning, I would want to change my shirt and stash it away upon arrival.

Hmmm--have not tried those 2 types mixed together--the top criteria would be that they be able to "go with" a sunken treasure :thumbsup2

The mix does work well together. It's salty/sweet. To mix with the sweet drinks, we probably want one side cheese, the other caramel. :)

What a nice surprise!!!

* From Dee's deep dark secret files... :ssst:

I have never seen Wishes, I haven't had a Sunken Treasure at SAB (my only one was in Mexico) and I have never had a burger or ice cream at Beaches and Cream
(*ducks* as a whole can of whipped cream is lobbed at my head :duck: )

I plan to remedy at least a couple of these travesties on my upcoming trip.

Just tell your family that you have some "research" to do for the thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter