• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any fried shrimp? And if so, were they good? We'll be there in August.
Fried shrimp is only served on certain days. When we went Friday, no fried shrimp, so my husband asked our server when they have it. Next think we know she brought a huge plate of fresh fried shrimp. That was the highlight of our meal. Katie, the server was fantastic.

Today was our original departure date, however, due to flights we ended up having to extend the trip by a day several weeks ago. We leave tomorrow morning at 7:30am on the ME. Three weeks ago, I had to book a separate reservation for a stay tonight, in a regular room downstairs (we have been BC GV CL). So last day room change, no big deal right? Yesterday I went to CL CM desk and organized the move, arranging for bell services to hold all luggage in lock up overnight and we'd just live out of suitcases for 20hrs, new keys, new room to sleep, no big deal.

So this morning I woke prepared to hustle, when I notice paperwork and a small key envelope had been slipped under the door overnight. I opened the envelope, and it was the new keys, with the new date, "Room Only", GOLD. (????) I scanned all the other paperwork, they had closed out the package reservation as expected, and opened the new reservation. Now I was suppose to go down and check-in and pick up the new (periwinkle) room keys before 11. So I quickly get dressed, bring everything with me to the desk and cautiously ask what I need to do to "check-in" under the new reservation. They smiled and informed me a little pixie dust came my way and we are staying in our room for the extra night rather than moving downstairs for the night. Yay!!!

I had bought little maple candies made locally at home for the CL CM's, I also bought a much smaller box for Mousekeeping on the last day,...and you wouldn't believe the towel animal I returned to!! I sent Dee the picture via email, I did put a small frame around it to get rid of the glare, but the presentation was amazing and this Mousekeeper gets the prize for most awesome towel animal ever. We've had some odd ones, an elephant looking one, two baby ducks, a swinging gorilla (from one of the wooden hangers). This was the kissing love swans you'd see in the honeymoon suites. What a great last day.....!!

It also has a pop machine which can come in handy during the wee hours of the night when everything is closed and you're dying of thirst! ;)

There are signs to it from the lobby. It is tucked away in a corner. Bring quarters b/c there is no change machine and it is a long hike back to the concierge desk!

The secret laundry is near the secret exit to Epcot, near room 1532. :) It can be quite a walk if your room isn't close to that end of the BC.

Thank you everyone! I'm excited to try a new resort and not see any construction (cough, cough Poly). However, I knew the Poly and knew where I was going and that was relaxing to me. Now I feel like I need to get a new routine. However, using an internal laundry room when it is still dark outside, thundering and pouring rain would be priceless!!!!

I wish I could find out my room assignment so I could stop worrying about where we end up! I hate the anticipation!!!! :bitelip::confused::headache:

Today was our original departure date, however, due to flights we ended up having to extend the trip by a day several weeks ago. We leave tomorrow morning at 7:30am on the ME. Three weeks ago, I had to book a separate reservation for a stay tonight, in a regular room downstairs (we have been BC GV CL). So last day room change, no big deal right? Yesterday I went to CL CM desk and organized the move, arranging for bell services to hold all luggage in lock up overnight and we'd just live out of suitcases for 20hrs, new keys, new room to sleep, no big deal.

So this morning I woke prepared to hustle, when I notice paperwork and a small key envelope had been slipped under the door overnight. I opened the envelope, and it was the new keys, with the new date, "Room Only", GOLD. (????) I scanned all the other paperwork, they had closed out the package reservation as expected, and opened the new reservation. Now I was suppose to go down and check-in and pick up the new (periwinkle) room keys before 11. So I quickly get dressed, bring everything with me to the desk and cautiously ask what I need to do to "check-in" under the new reservation. They smiled and informed me a little pixie dust came my way and we are staying in our room for the extra night rather than moving downstairs for the night. Yay!!!

I had bought little maple candies made locally at home for the CL CM's, I also bought a much smaller box for Mousekeeping on the last day,...and you wouldn't believe the towel animal I returned to!! I sent Dee the picture via email, I did put a small frame around it to get rid of the glare, but the presentation was amazing and this Mousekeeper gets the prize for most awesome towel animal ever. We've had some odd ones, an elephant looking one, two baby ducks, a swinging gorilla (from one of the wooden hangers). This was the kissing love swans you'd see in the honeymoon suites. What a great last day.....!!

That is fantastic that you got to stay in the room! I'm sure it is making your last day so much better!

Packing cubes are mesh and nylon ripstop fabric with a zipper closure. The come in a few sizes...I have 3 sets of S,M, L sizes. They aren't the space saver vacuum bags you are thinking of. The cubes don't really save any space but they keep your stuff organized and can neatly move into the drawer without actually unpacking them. I travel carry-on so if TSA searches your bag, they also keep your undies contained and not flashed to everyone around:) I love them! I bought them on ebags, but I have seen them in the AAA store and even another brand in Target.
Hope that helps!:thumbsup2

These are exactly what I have :thumbsup2 I also purchased mine from ebags.

I have a question about Cape May as well. Does anyone know if and when the serve calamari? We finally got DS (who's the worlds pickiest eater) to eat crab legs and he loves Calamari.
TIA
Jen

Were there any fried shrimp? And if so, were they good? We'll be there in August.

Fried shrimp is only served on certain days. When we went Friday, no fried shrimp, so my husband asked our server when they have it. Next think we know she brought a huge plate of fresh fried shrimp. That was the highlight of our meal. Katie, the server was fantastic.

I did a search in the restaurant subforum of the Cape May menu rotation- this is what I found, per TheRustyScupper:

The new rotation for the "fried food" daily specials section is:
. . . Sunday & Wednesday - fried shrimp
. . . Monday & Thursday - fried clam strips
. . . Tuesday & Friday - fried calamari
. . . Saturday, only - fried chef's choice (a fried seafood, not a fried chef)

We ate there in February and it was delicious, as usual. My grandson devoured the crab legs, his first time ever eating them. They no longer serve Oreo bonbons. I don't remember what else may have been different. I was busy devouring the peeled shrimp. :) My husband wants to eat there twice on our next trip. ;)

My boys love the crab legs, that is the main reason we are going. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in to say we are back from our trip, and CL and the Beach CLub were amazing!! We loved the beds, the pool, the smell, the location, the pool, the location, the lounge, everything. I looked for you today Teena, they said you had the day off. Boo.

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone! We used them all...from the secret door to IG, to using the "lower" path walking to Epcot. All great, and helped make our trip awesome!:goodvibes

We're heading for our 3rd stay at BC September 14. Hopefully, our whole family will be going which includes me, DH, DD and another DD with her DH. Those last 2 on the list are both military so who knows what will happen by September. However, if they can't go, we're still going. Once I said we were going to DW and staying at the BC there could be no cancelling. :dance3:

I did a search in the restaurant subforum of the Cape May menu rotation- this is what I found, per TheRustyScupper:

Thank you so much for this info! Anyone able to share their recent experiences with either the clam strips or fried shrimp. We currently have a Monday res and it would take a great deal of rearranging, but if the shrimp are worth it, I might try. My kids love the crab legs, but they also love fried shrimp...

I have been following this thread but I wanted to check in. I am going to a conference at BC the first week of December, and we added on a few days to make a whole week out of it. We have never stayed at BC before and really looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Well we were there on Sunday night and my daughter had fried clams. So... don't know how accurate this schedule is...

I have been following this thread but I wanted to check in. I am going to a conference at BC the first week of December, and we added on a few days to make a whole week out of it. We have never stayed at BC before and really looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Hi. Just wondering what conference as we are staying at the beach club that week and are wondering if the convention is possibly why many rooms were sold out.

Just wanted to pop in to say we are back from our trip, and CL and the Beach CLub were amazing!! We loved the beds, the pool, the smell, the location, the pool, the location, the lounge, everything. I looked for you today Teena, they said you had the day off. Boo.

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone! We used them all...from the secret door to IG, to using the "lower" path walking to Epcot. All great, and helped make our trip awesome!:goodvibes

Great to hear you had a good trip! :)

I do!!! I have 3 different sizes and they help keep me organized. We went for 11 days in September and I was glad I had them. I don't put outfits together in them, but I keep my clothes separate. I have shorts & pants in one, shirts in another and so on.

That sounds great! Our next trip will be our first visit for longer than a week, we are staying 11 nights and doing a split stay. I think I will get these packing cubes to try to keep DD and myself organized.

I *think* that you just get a will call voucher if you buy them online. I bought mine at our local Disney Store (vouchers, I will need to visit Guest Relations to exchange them for "real" tickets). You can also wait and buy them when you arrive if you wish, and skip the whole voucher part.

If you have the Disney store vouchers can you use those to access the AP site? They have a box for some type of voucher, but I heard that if you buy online there is no site access. :confused2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter