• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. We've been there a few times during the third/fourth week of August and it's been pretty busy. A lot of schools (especially up north) start back up right after Labor Day, so you have a lot of last minute vacationers.

We go every year the third or fourth week of August as I'm a teacher and try to squeeze my last bits of summer at Disney. While there are a good amount of people there is put the crowds at a 7/10 at the parks. I usually plan far ahead and go to the recommended parks per day and we've never had any problems. We use the fast pass system, good planning, and take breaks in the middle of the day when it's soo hot!!

At BC now and it's really lovely! Arrived yesterday with the family and staying Standard Room Club Level. We requested and received a full balcony and the view is really nice. We are facing the courtyard and there is a roof a little below us but we can see the fireworks from MK! Will have to figure out how to post pics at some point but we are close to the elevator/lounge area. It is a tad noisy but the twins seem to be sleeping through it okay. I was bummed to find no daybed though as we are a party of 6 and I thought it was automatic with 5? But we have 3 kids and they are packed so I guess they assumed we'd be okay with cribs and sharing. My sister really wanted her own bed though so they got a trundle for ODS. A little crowded now but it works.

Weather is pretty hot but gorgeous at night. Took a couple walks around the Boardwalk last night first to grab some food at the Boardwalk bakery and then again after we got back to the room and DH ate my gluten free sandwich by mistake. :( ESPN was the only thing open at that point but just a note if you are looking for a meal after 11 they are open but only serving appetizers. I think room service is still an option though.

We had a fabulous day of pixiedust yesterday. Checking in a lovely woman gave the kids gifts of books and Cars toys she told them came from Mickey Mouse. And a pink tiara for me! It was so sweet and what a special way for our kids to start off vacation. The CM said she and her family are regulars. I just thought it was so incredible a guest would do that for another guest. Only at Disney! We are going to pay it forward before we leave as well.

We had a wonderful experience at Crystal Palace for lunch. Chef Paul was great with all the food allergy information for me and the kids and prepared some foods they could eat that were not out on the buffet. He came back to our table a few times to check on us and gave us fast pass tickets for the family for 3 rides! Which was awesome because we were only in the park for a few more hours so we walked right onto Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Little Mermaid.

Then my 4 year old came back to the room at the end of the night with a huge bouquet of balloons. He was with my sister on the Boardwalk and someone asked if he'd like them and said they were cleaning up. He was so excited about them. He also really loved the juggling act.

Well sounds like the twins are waking from their nap so I'm off to get them ready to head back to Epcot!

This may be just me but please be careful posting room numbers during live reports......

Just sayin'

carry on...:laundy:

This may be just me but please be careful posting room numbers during live reports......

Just sayin'

carry on...:laundy:

Thanks I changed it although I'm not sure who would care where I am that doesn't already know. But I guess there could always be crazies watching.

At BC now and it's really lovely! Arrived yesterday with the family and staying Standard Room Club Level. We requested and received a full balcony and the view is really nice. We are facing the courtyard and there is a roof a little below us but we can see the fireworks from MK! Will have to figure out how to post pics at some point but we are close to the elevator/lounge area. It is a tad noisy but the twins seem to be sleeping through it okay. I was bummed to find no daybed though as we are a party of 6 and I thought it was automatic with 5? But we have 3 kids and they are packed so I guess they assumed we'd be okay with cribs and sharing. My sister really wanted her own bed though so they got a trundle for ODS. A little crowded now but it works.

Weather is pretty hot but gorgeous at night. Took a couple walks around the Boardwalk last night first to grab some food at the Boardwalk bakery and then again after we got back to the room and DH ate my gluten free sandwich by mistake. :( ESPN was the only thing open at that point but just a note if you are looking for a meal after 11 they are open but only serving appetizers. I think room service is still an option though.

We had a fabulous day of pixiedust yesterday. Checking in a lovely woman gave the kids gifts of books and Cars toys she told them came from Mickey Mouse. And a pink tiara for me! It was so sweet and what a special way for our kids to start off vacation. The CM said she and her family are regulars. I just thought it was so incredible a guest would do that for another guest. Only at Disney! We are going to pay it forward before we leave as well.

We had a wonderful experience at Crystal Palace for lunch. Chef Paul was great with all the food allergy information for me and the kids and prepared some foods they could eat that were not out on the buffet. He came back to our table a few times to check on us and gave us fast pass tickets for the family for 3 rides! Which was awesome because we were only in the park for a few more hours so we walked right onto Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Little Mermaid.

Then my 4 year old came back to the room at the end of the night with a huge bouquet of balloons. He was with my sister on the Boardwalk and someone asked if he'd like them and said they were cleaning up. He was so excited about them. He also really loved the juggling act.

Well sounds like the twins are waking from their nap so I'm off to get them ready to head back to Epcot!

So glad you got to meet Spring. She and her husband are regulars and they bring so much joy to other guests and the CMs!!!

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't even considered the privacy issue so I will stick with requesting a full balcony and hope that we get lucky.:)

We had a patio and loved it! Our patio opened to the BC quiet pool. It was so convenient! Privacy was never an issue. Also, we would have one person run ahead and go thru the regular door and let us in thru the patio door when we dragged our tired butts back to the room after a day of park touring! Yes, we are the Lazy family! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone, we will be at BC in June. When I checked in online, I requested a full balcony and to be close to marketplace/buses. But we also have 2 adults and 3 kids: 10, 9, and 4. Can we put some sheats on the couch and one of the kids can sleep on the couch, if we dont get a room with a daybed? I would be ok with that if it meant we got our other two requests. Thanks for your comments!!

Are there pictures or descriptions of the kind of flatbreads that are the daily chef creations? For example, would it be like spinach or BBQ chicken? or something more exotic?

Hi everyone, we will be at BC in June. When I checked in online, I requested a full balcony and to be close to marketplace/buses. But we also have 2 adults and 3 kids: 10, 9, and 4. Can we put some sheats on the couch and one of the kids can sleep on the couch, if we dont get a room with a daybed? I would be ok with that if it meant we got our other two requests. Thanks for your comments!!

If you don't get a room with a day bed, it won't have a couch either. But don't despair, they will bring you a rollaway bed to accommodate the person that would have slept on the daybed.

Thanks Tiggerish, that makes sense. Do you have any experience with the roll away bed, does it take up a lot of space in the room or is there any other major drawbacks to having a roll away vs. a daybed?

Thanks Tiggerish, that makes sense. Do you have any experience with the roll away bed, does it take up a lot of space in the room or is there any other major drawbacks to having a roll away vs. a daybed?

I thought all the rooms are the same size? If so, then perhaps when the roll away is folded during the day you might have extra space without the daybed? I'm sure somebody knows if the rooms without daybeds are smaller than the ones with.

Hi there,

Does anyone know when the Epcot area resort Quick Service places begin serving lunch?

Our ME bus will probably pick us up around 11:30 or 11:45, so we'd like to pick something up to take with us to eat at the airport.

Thanks!

Hello, we're planning our first YC stay in August and I'm kind of obsessing about room storage. (Some people have that knack of sizing up a room and instantly knowing just where to put everything, but I am sadly not one of them!) I was looking into getting some of the ebag packing cubes for our luggage because everyone says they're so great to just set inside the drawers in your room, but I'm not sure what sizes would be best. (We'll be flying Southwest, so we'll have plenty of luggage room.) Taking that thought a step further... :rolleyes2...I'm wondering if anyone has ever measured all the drawers/cubbies in the room? I thought it might be nice to have our toiletries in bins under the sink, maybe a shoe box type "junk drawer" bin for the cubby in the low dresser and how do people use that liquor cabinet thing beside the fridge? (besides the obvious ;)) Any thoughts or ideas? TIA

I'm the same way. Really worried about having enough space for all of our stuff for two weeks. Plus I'm definitely one if those who over packs!We purchased some of those sweater/shoe holders that attach to the rungs in the closet to store our shoes and some clothes. Think I found them in the dollar spot at Target. Also bought an over the door toiletry bag from bed bath and beyond to hang on the back of the bathroom door. :). Can't help with any sizes of drawers since this is our 1st stay. Hope the summer goes by quickly for you and you have a wonderful time!

The sofa is the daybed. If you need extra, just call for a rollaway.

I thought all the rooms are the same size? If so, then perhaps when the roll away is folded during the day you might have extra space without the daybed? I'm sure somebody knows if the rooms without daybeds are smaller than the ones with.

The rooms are all different sizes and layouts unfortunately. The larger rooms have the daybeds.

If you have a party of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) do they automatically put you in a room with a daybed, or do I have to specifically request one? I thought it was an automatic thing, but after reading DIS703's post now I'm not so sure.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary at the Yacht Club May 26-30, and then boarding the Disney Dream for a quick cruise. I can't believe I'm finally getting to stay at my dream resort, and club level no less! We have been to WDW several times, and so this trip is one where we will be spending the majority of our time at the resort enjoying the amenities rather than going full speed through the parks. I haven't wanted to post our plans for fear something would happen and we would have to cancel (silly, I know), but I think it's safe now, lol. Just wanted to share my excitement! :hyper:

If you have a party of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) do they automatically put you in a room with a daybed, or do I have to specifically request one? I thought it was an automatic thing, but after reading DIS703's post now I'm not so sure.

You will get one if one is available. Otherwise you'll get 2 queens and a rollaway.

Having a wonderful stay here at the Yacht Club. We are quickly becoming lovers of this resort. Cannot wait to stay at the Beach Club in December. My husband wants me to check out 2 bedroom suites for us and one of my children and their families. I know the suites are not on the 5 th floor, but are they close to elevators to get to the 5 th floor?

My other 2 children will be on the 5 th floor. I think my husband is thinking of having a living room for us to gather in. We will be here for my birthday and it will be nice to have the space for us to have cake. This is assuming my wonderful children order me one!

Having a wonderful stay here at the Yacht Club. We are quickly becoming lovers of this resort. Cannot wait to stay at the Beach Club in December. My husband wants me to check out 2 bedroom suites for us and one of my children and their families. I know the suites are not on the 5 th floor, but are they close to elevators to get to the 5 th floor?

My other 2 children will be on the 5 th floor. I think my husband is thinking of having a living room for us to gather in. We will be here for my birthday and it will be nice to have the space for us to have cake. This is assuming my wonderful children order me one!

Some of them are close to the elevators and therefore close to the fifth floor. However, some of them are REAL REAL far away ... at the very end of the resort. Same with the one bedroom suites. Unfortunately there is no way to know which one you will get. You can always request one of the ones near the lobby elevators and if you don't get one of those (because one isn't open on the day you check-in), you can request to be room changed as soon as one is vacated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter