• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Yes, Yes…I was just trying to get an answer to my previous questions, not start a debate about the size of beds available…I have now learned that I must be very specific about the questions that are asked here in order to get a reply that can be useful to my disney vacation planning

I am sorry you feel that way! This is a very friendly group of people. I tend to joke a lot because I look at life as being way to short to not laugh about it. I'm sorry if you took me seriously! You can ask any questions you would like on this thread and someone will always try to answer it if they can.

Again I am sorry if I upset you in anyway.

~N

Hi all,

I have missed chatting on this board the last few months, as I have been crazy busy with work. But, I just checked my ticker and it says I leave in 4 days! :cool1:

I hope I can get back to checking on here more often. :thumbsup2 Hope that everyone is doing well!!!

I am sorry you feel that way! This is a very friendly group of people. I tend to joke a lot because I look at life as being way to short to not laugh about it. I'm sorry if you took me seriously! You can ask any questions you would like on this thread and someone will always try to answer it if they can.

~N

Nanette I love your jokey posts and totally agree with you on "life's too short" outlook :goodvibes I'm sure everyone knows you wouldn't upset anyone (intentionally or otherwise)! Just in case I don't get a chance to say it later "Happy Thanksgiving" to you and all my disboard friends :)

pages 199-202

I totally agree with what you say about Dee and Teena, and everyone on this thread. I have learned so much.

I even learned about the August deal and used that to stay at the Poly this time. I know about all of the construction and yet we still want to try it out. We couldn't pass up the price. However, I will continue reading this thread because I really enjoy how pleasant and friendly everyone is.

Since we are staying in January and August, I talked my husband into getting AP's!!! Yay!! So now we are planning a trip to see the Christmas decorations!! Does anyone have any idea how long they keep the decorations up after Christmas?

My mother is trying desperately to quit smoking and I told her if she has quit by her birthday next year, I will take her to Disney too. That will be 4 trips in 1 year. My record is 3 in a year.

I told my husband that this is how I get sucked in, by reading the threads and finding good deals and the AP's. I'm out of control :) But I just love Disney. Thanks for everything everyone!!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Are you thinking this year or next on the Christmas trip?

I'm not sure exactly when the decorations come down so I am

BUMPING your question

:)

Hello All!

First off...... SINGLE DIGIT DANCE PARTY! party:

Oh! Wait! I do have an on-topic question! :cheer2:
My last question (I promise)...
I have to call today to add a room request. We have a LV room at YC booked. We don't want to be on the 1st floor, and I would like a straight-on view of my other love, BWI. By this I mean, I don't want to be on one of the wings with a sideways view. If that happens, it's fine.....but we had that view last time. I want a head-on BW view. Should the room request be, "Upper floor, direct Boardwalk View please?"

Thanks for reading my ramble... :coffee:

How exciting!!!

Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

:goodvibes

Hi Beach Club kids! We are back from our WDW stay at POP. It was great but I learned my lesson. Do not let 6 year olds pick the resort! We missed BC terribly and somehow managed to visit BC 3 times while on our trip. Or was that 4?!

Can't wait to start planning our next trip "home". I sure hope this thread is still around for me to get ideas and hints. :goodvibes

Good to see you again!

We look forward to welcoming you back here when you start planning your return home!

Ok DH and I are officially booked at Beach Club Feb 7-15!! :cool1::banana: We have been booked at many resorts the last couple months, but have narrowed it down to Crescent Lake. And I think BC is our pick of the three. My only real concern with BC is that they are picked up after YC for busses, but we can deal with that. Very excited for our first deluxe stay!

Another :welcome: now that you are official. I'll add your dates to the Be Our Guest list,.

:woohoo:

Hi all! I'm planning a trip back to the BC but not until 2015. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should go April vacation (week that includes Patriots Day) or last week in August. A huge concern of ours is we do not want it to be very crowded. We are a little scared of what the August heat and humidity will be like so that's why I'm looking into our April vacation. After doing a little research it seems as long as Easter doesn't fall into that week crowds are ok and prices go down. Can someone with experience going during that week give me some input? I was also wondering why do the crowds and prices go up so much when Easter does fall into that week? Thanks!

Not entirely sure why the crowds are so high during Easter week, but I think it has something to do with a lot of schools throughout the country scheduling Spring Break during that time.

April would be a beautiful time to be in Florida, if not for the crowds. If you think you can take the August heat and rain (our trips are always in July and August), then I believe you will find lighter crowds, better prices on flights and possibly some great deals at the resort.

:thumbsup2

I got my email from the CL concierge for our January trip. I booked just a standard room, but are there any requests I should make, other than extra pillows because I'm a pillow hog? This is our first time at the YC and first time staying CL.

Is there a location you would prefer? Close to elevator/lounge? Not too close to elevator? Would a daybed be helpful?

If you request a king bed instead of 2 queens, do they just swap out the beds? Or are there only a specific amount of rooms that have a king bed vs. 2 queen beds?

Also, if you request a full balcony for BC, what is the likelihood that you will actually get it? I fully understand that these are only "requests", and not guarantees, but anyone have luck with these requests? Or is it just a gamble?

:welcome:

Sorry that your first experience with us was a little rocky. We really are a friendly, chatty group that jokes around a lot and I can assure you that nobody was trying to intentionally offend.

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list? July?

:cool1:

As far as the King Bed request- there are very few rooms with that configuration at the resort. You can add a request, but I wouldn't make it your first one.

About 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. Your chances will be affected by how crowded the resort is during your stay.

Our advice is to add "Full balcony, please. King bed if possible" as your request.

When you check in, before you take your key, ask if your room has a full balcony. If the answer is no, see if there is a room available that has one. If you are willing to switch later in your trip, ask when a room with a full balcony will become available.

Hope that helps.

During the upcoming Christmas season, we will be staying at the Beach Club.

Normally, when we go to the Studios from BC, we would take the boat or sometimes walk back.

We plan to do a 6:30 Fantasmic and then we have dinner planned at Cape May around 8:15 or maybe 8:30ish....

Question: Should we take the boat? Walk? Or just drive our car over to HS? Biggest concern is sometimes after Fantasmic, the next boat fills up and we just don't like waiting for the boat. Thoughts?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

I would walk. My family has walked back from HS to BC a couple of times in July and the only issue we have with the walk has been the heat. I don't think that will be an issue during your trip.

Hi Dee,
Could you add us to the Be Our Guest list. My 11 month window opened this morning and I booked our BCV Food & Wine stay. We will be in a studio at the BCV from October 26, - October 31st. Then we plan to move to Vero Beach for 5 additional nights. The perfect vacation. 5 Nights WDW and F & W followed by 5 nights of beach side relaxation.
I am very excited to have another BC trip in the works.

:welcome: back!

So glad you are returning! I'll happily add you to the list. That does sound like a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

pages 199-202, Continued

Just booked our annual girls only trip for 2014! 4/9/14-4/12/14 BCV! :woohoo: :banana:

We've only stayed with DVC friends at the villas before. This is our first time on our own. Hoping to get our studio on an upper floor with a view of epcot to see the fireworks.

I'll add you to the list!

:cool1:

I officially booked today. You can add us to the list. We are staying Club Level Oct 24 - Nov 2, 2014. So excited!!

I'll add you to the list! Which resort?

:yay:

Hi all,

I have missed chatting on this board the last few months, as I have been crazy busy with work. But, I just checked my ticker and it says I leave in 4 days! :cool1:

I hope I can get back to checking on here more often. :thumbsup2 Hope that everyone is doing well!!!

Hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!

Oh Dee!! Come out come out wherever you are!! I miss you!!

~N

:wave2: my friend!

I miss you, too!

The most recent update on my trip report (which has also been suffering from neglect) includes some of the reasons I have been so busy this fall- volunteering at the middle school, work, Ben's play. There are some really nice photos from the play and of the farm where I work. I will be off until early February- we don't have programs during the winter months. I may be one of the few people who look forward to being LESS busy in December than during the rest of the year!

I have also been dealing with some other family stuff for the past few months which is keeping me from spending the amount of time I would like to here.

I read every day, but I have only had the time to respond every few days.

Since we are staying in January and August, I talked my husband into getting AP's!!! Yay!! So now we are planning a trip to see the Christmas decorations!! Does anyone have any idea how long they keep the decorations up after Christmas?

Usually the week after the January 1st. They slowly take them down (just like they put them up) so there is no one day it happens. We have been down for the marathon weekend for the last six years and they still have some up then.

:wave2: my friend!

I miss you, too!

The most recent update on my trip report (which has also been suffering from neglect) includes some of the reasons I have been so busy this fall- volunteering at the middle school, work, Ben's play. There are some really nice photos from the play and of the farm where I work. I will be off until early February- we don't have programs during the winter months. I may be one of the few people who look forward to being LESS busy in December than during the rest of the year!

I have also been dealing with some other family stuff for the past few months which is keeping me from spending the amount of time I would like to here.

I read every day, but I have only had the time to respond every few days.

Sometimes life gets in the way! You are excused for sure! On my way to check out the trip report now can't wait!

~N

Haven't seen any posts from Teena- is she on vacation again!!!! lol :rotfl2:

We are at the YC Dec 8-15, want to come by and say HI to her

We will be at BC May 10-17. It's the first time in a long time with no CL. It's a solo adults trip no kiddos for our anniversary so we are putting the money into things like Wild Africa Trek, Discovery Cove n yummy meals rather than the splurge on the room. We booked standard view but I do like to sit on the balcony at night n journal my trip so I'm going to be digging through the info on how n when to make requests n best standard rooms etc. BC is our absolute fave. We Honeymooned at WL n have tried BW, YC, Swan, AKL n even POP but we always wish we were at BC if we stay somewhere else. Love to walk to Epcot n nibble.

Haven't seen any posts from Teena- is she on vacation again!!!! lol :rotfl2:

We are at the YC Dec 8-15, want to come by and say HI to her

Yup! She is on a cruise to Hawaii.

:beach:

I believe she is back Dec 7 and working Dec 8. Search on her name here and one of her posts will list when she is working.

Nannette: I love your super helpful contributions. Your assistance extends beyond the Beach and Yacht clubs to all things Disney. Thank you for taking the time to share your wit and wisdom. It helps make our vacation planning a fun success!

Dee: Thank you for carving time out of your crazy busy life to keep us organized and on track. With out you we would be a band of feral cats badly in need of some herding. MEOW!!

Teena: is on a cruise to Hawaii so she is out of range of her communication devices. You can bet your sweet bippy that as soon as she hits Honolulu, if she is able, she will log in and say hi.

MickeyT: You mean to tell me there were cookies around that you did not try? You are seriously slipping! Get your butt back to Disney and go on cookie patrol so we can get us a report on which ones are naughty and which ones are nice.

And to ~the rest of you~ THANK YOU for understanding and keeping this thread light and friendly.
This is a party everyone is invited to, so stop on by and have a great time! :goodvibes:banana::banana::banana:

~NM

Yup! She is on a cruise to Hawaii.

:beach:

I believe she is back Dec 7 and working Dec 8. Search on her name here and one of her posts will list when she is working.

She will be working that weekend for sure! Buzzy is hanging out in the lobby, up where all the escaped balloons rise, taking notes on what went on so he can fill her in when she gets back!

~NM

The only place I can think of is that external corridor on the first floor where we trot by rooms as we take the (not so secret) "secret entrance" by room 1501.

I'd be more concerned with all the peeping that goes on in a Value or a Moderate as you have people walking by those rooms all the time. Let me tell you there is nothing like having kids in one of those rooms and one of them decides that the room is too dark and leaves the curtains open while you nap in the afternoon and they are at the pool. I'm sure there are more than a few traumatized guests at POFQ who asked for refunds after they got an excellent view of DH and I passed out on the beds, drooling as we slept off that morning's park conquests. Darn kids!

~NM

NM you are too funny! I love reading your posts!

As someone who had a room on that secret path to Epcot, it was definitely a busy stretch. We arrived early afternoon, DD flung open the doors and promptly got on her iphone and then shrieked as people started walking by the room in throngs. lol So, not our cup of tea. No privacy there! We switched rooms the next day.

We're staying at POFQ 12/26-12-12/31 for the first time in a few disney visits. With this 35% off all the time, we've been deluxe resorting it. No such deal of course during christmas so back to the mods for us. It'll be weird to have no balcony and need to keep the curtains closed!

Dee - sent you a message on what I think is your yahoo address - and I sincerely hope all of the craziness in your life and various family stuff referenced in your post resolves itself well and positively. To all on this board, have a lovely thanksgiving.

She will be working that weekend for sure! Buzzy is hanging out in the lobby, up where all the escaped balloons rise, taking notes on what went on so he can fill her in when she gets back!

~NM

Good thing Buzzy is keeping tabs on things...

I had to laugh at the feral cats analogy.... sounds about right:rotfl2:

~N

Nannette, we truly enjoy your wit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter