2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by afcgirl View Post
Question:

I am booked at YC Lagoon View for March and am considering switching to BC. Is it worth it to pay extra for LV at BC even though we may not get a full balcony? Or should we pay $55 less per night for a Garden View room?

Anyone? :scratchin

I think this comes down to how important the room arrangements are to you. Many of us here just dash in and out of the room on the way to the parks and then reluctantly come back to the room slightly before we collapse from exhaustion.

As far as room requests go I feel the surest way to get a "Balcony" at the BC is to request GROUND FLOOR. You get a patio when you do that so you have that outdoor space if you need it.

~Remember requests are requests and are not guaranteed BUT if you walk into your room and find that it is not to your liking go right back down to the desk and request to be changed to another location. The front desk staff will definitely try to accommodate you if at all possible.

Don't call for just about any problem at the resort because your CALL will be directed towards a generic call center that puts your concern at the back of the pile. HOOF IT DOWN to the DESK at the resort to get some real action with ANY problem you may be having.

As for the value of the view not many of the rooms gaze lovingly out upon the waters as the water is situated perpendicularly from the plane of the balcony/patio. The water also may mean the quiet pool as a water view.

In my opinion, after seeing the views, I personally would not pay extra for any of the views as I don't think they have that spectacularness that warrants the extra $$$... but some people decide that it does.

This is one of those subjective questions that you can't really answer until you have been there, seen what it is and then decide if it is for you. Hopefully the info I have provided here will be of some assistance with your decision.

~NM

It's all legit for those concerned about the deal. I was a bit skeptical last year, but we had a fabulous trip, you can read my mini TR in my signature. You get a conf# and can go into MDE and book your ADR's and FP+ when the time comes, no issues. Works likes any other reservation. :)

Yeah, I have a greater level of comfort since we saw this last year.

On the topic of view, I'm another that wouldn't shell out the money for the view. LV is lovely but it's not my priority. It's a personal preference.

I think this comes down to how important the room arrangements are to you. Many of us here just dash in and out of the room on the way to the parks and then reluctantly come back to the room slightly before we collapse from exhaustion.

As far as room requests go I feel the surest way to get a "Balcony" at the BC is to request GROUND FLOOR. You get a patio when you do that so you have that outdoor space if you need it.

~Remember requests are requests and are not guaranteed BUT if you walk into your room and find that it is not to your liking go right back down to the desk and request to be changed to another location. The front desk staff will definitely try to accommodate you if at all possible.

Don't call for just about any problem at the resort because your CALL will be directed towards a generic call center that puts your concern at the back of the pile. HOOF IT DOWN to the DESK at the resort to get some real action with ANY problem you may be having.

As for the value of the view not many of the rooms gaze lovingly out upon the waters as the water is situated perpendicularly from the plane of the balcony/patio. The water also may mean the quiet pool as a water view.

In my opinion, after seeing the views, I personally would not pay extra for any of the views as I don't think they have that spectacularness that warrants the extra $$$... but some people decide that it does.

This is one of those subjective questions that you can't really answer until you have been there, seen what it is and then decide if it is for you. Hopefully the info I have provided here will be of some assistance with your decision.

~NM

Thank you! Great information!

I think I may just stick with my YC reservation. My kids now are set on a lagoon view and for the same price I am guaranteed a full balcony. I also think the water views are better from the YC. Thanks so much for responding!

I am so excited to say please add us to the Be Our Guest List:)

Dh and I will be there Dec 3 -8th.

Only problem is we have to change rooms. The lst 2 days are water view which we booked with a bounceback rate in May and those were the only days that were not blocked out.

Then the 5-8th we are going to a garden view. Its free with dh ff miles. A dream come true!

Teena - do you know your schedule for Dec? We are checking out on the 8th and going to the Boardwalk so I am sure we will see you sometime when we are there. (me - crazy Justin Bieber sighting in the Beach Club lobby diser with the wheelchair.)

Oh and just the other night at 1 am I was able to snag a Be Our Guest dinner for dh and I. Its going to be a magical time!:)

I am so excited to say please add us to the Be Our Guest List:)

Dh and I will be there Dec 3 -8th.

Only problem is we have to change rooms. The lst 2 days are water view which we booked with a bounceback rate in May and those were the only days that were not blocked out.

Then the 5-8th we are going to a garden view. Its free with dh ff miles. A dream come true!

Teena - do you know your schedule for Dec? We are checking out on the 8th and going to the Boardwalk so I am sure we will see you sometime when we are there. (me - crazy Justin Bieber sighting in the Beach Club lobby diser with the wheelchair.)

Oh and just the other night at 1 am I was able to snag a Be Our Guest dinner for dh and I. Its going to be a magical time!:)

I'll be there on the 8th and 9th. I'll just be returning from our long Hawaii cruise. I get home on the 7th. Then I will also be working on the 15th.

I'll be around the parks a lot in December. My best friend from PA is flying in on the 10th and leaving on the 18th so we'll be in the parks most of those days except for when I work on the 15th. Then Jeanne and Lily arrive on the 26th. We'll celebrate Christmas on the 27th and be at the parks the rest of the days until they leave on 1/3.

Teena, can you Pm me the address for the IPO office. I understand they love Dove chocolates there and I want to mail them some.

You must be getting so excited for your trip. i cannot wait to hear all about it. We are so looking forward to coming down with all the kids and grandkids. Will see you on the 8th and 9th!!

Teena, can you Pm me the address for the IPO office. I understand they love Dove chocolates there and I want to mail them some.

You must be getting so excited for your trip. i cannot wait to hear all about it. We are so looking forward to coming down with all the kids and grandkids. Will see you on the 8th and 9th!!

It's just "Itinerary Planning Office" at the Y&B Club's address. I think Dee has the address of the Y&B on the first page.

Regarding the Labor Day special with the "cannot mention name here" agency is legit. I used them last year for this special. No issues and great service.

As for the views - I booked the YC because I wanted to have a full balcony. I booked standard view last year and we had room 3227. We had a roof ledge but we were able to see out to the lake and pool with a view of the fireworks to our left. The fireworks were slightly blocked by a steeple like structure on the roof but we could see most of it. I hope I get that area next year.

Teena - sounds like you're going to be having a fabulous new few months!

Can't wait to hear about your Hawaiian adventure (Dee - dying for the details of your new adventure too).

We are thinking of doing Hawaii in 2015 or 2016. I just have to learn to book those high air fares without having a stroke! DH is dying to go.

Teena - between your friends and your princesses coming the holidays should be super magical for you!

Teena - sounds like you're going to be having a fabulous new few months!

Can't wait to hear about your Hawaiian adventure (Dee - dying for the details of your new adventure too).

We are thinking of doing Hawaii in 2015 or 2016. I just have to learn to book those high air fares without having a stroke! DH is dying to go.

Teena - between your friends and your princesses coming the holidays should be super magical for you!

Yep, I have a few good months coming up. I wrapped Lily's Christmas presents yesterday. I should say, I started wrapping. Won't have much time between now and when they arrive so I want to get as much done as possible before we head off on Wednesday.

Dee-

Thanks for your help because I was able to book a short weekend getaway for DH and I :cool1:
8/29-9/1 SV

Can not believe how good the rate is! If I was not coaching I would have booked an entire week :goodvibes

It's just "Itinerary Planning Office" at the Y&B Club's address. I think Dee has the address of the Y&B on the first page.

Thank you. I am not asking why, but my husband told me we should send them some chocolate, because everyone loves Dove! He says it is because they have been so great to all my requests. I have been pretty busy emailing them, but just want everything just right for this special trip!!!:cool1:

Thank you. I am not asking why, but my husband told me we should send them some chocolate, because everyone loves Dove! He says it is because they have been so great to all my requests. I have been pretty busy emailing them, but just want everything just right for this special trip!!!:cool1:

I think that's very very nice. You can also bring it and give it to one of the managers at the front desk ... just make sure it's in a bag, sealed or wrapped, with the name "IPO" on it. And make sure you let them know who it is from. They do a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter