2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my view right now from our balcony, going to go down to the pool in a minute. It's really not.
9bb71818780b9c0ec369147a5270f450_zpsc2168459.jpg

We went to MK this morning, attempted to go on splash mountain again (The other day we got stuck half way round) we were the next people to get on when it closed due to technical difficulties! Oh well. We decided to get the monorail to Epcot, had lunch at sunshine seasons. Stopped at HH to fill our cups but everyone was struggling to use the RFID mugs, it seems you have to get your cup in exactly the right place. I couldn't get it to work but my DBF managed.

null_zpsb8c43b28.jpg

View from our room!!! Ok I will admit it is not the best view and it is a standing balcony. It was all they had at checkin. It was a bit of a disappointment but I got over it quickly!!!
The room is huge and in a great location close to lobby. We are loving our first stay at the BC.

We had a photoshoot in and around the resort so I am really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Would love to hear details about this - how you booked, what it cost, how much time you got, how many photos they tok, if you get a CD or a certain number of prints, if you see the photos online, whether you thought the photographer was patient or talented, etc.

View from our room!!! Ok I will admit it is not the best view and it is a standing balcony. It was all they had at checkin. It was a bit of a disappointment but I got over it quickly!!!
The room is huge and in a great location close to lobby. We are loving our first stay at the BC.

Looks pretty cool. You can check out all the happy people arriving and the sad people leaving. :-)

Have a great trip!!

We are at BC now 1st floor garden view with patio close to secret entrance. All is great with exception of laundry by quiet pool 3 out of 4 washers are working. Problem is only 2 of 8 dryers are operating. Parks seem to be empty enjoyed dinner at prime Time Cafe last night and cape may cafe night before was fabulous!

DD11 did surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon yesterday. We live at the Jersey Shore were she has taken many lessons. I can say the instructors were great! Only bad things is having to be there at 645am.

Ours is in 94 days and they just changed so we leave early and arrive late with a 7 hour layover in Houston. I was able to switch to a direct out of SFO for no charge. Hopefully you have other options. Flying home out of Boston today.

We really only do Jetblue from Boston, tehy have most direct flights. They just adjusted another 8 minutes later PIA!:confused3

Whoa that is early!!!:eek:

:rotfl2: Yeah, my So thinks if you're gonna go maximize days - so first flight out going down. We have last flight back coming home, don't get in until 1130pm, all this with a 5yo. :laughing:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. Which resort? BC/YC or BCV?

:woohoo:

We are at YC, also doing MNSSHP 10/29:cool1:

I have done our MB custom:cool1: I can't wait to get them then it will be all for real!!

When do they open up FP+? We are 61 days out and can't. Is it a good idea to do them before hand anyway?

lso looking for ideas on a romantic night out. Wanna keep it low key no big dinner, honestly with my XDH it was never a priority.

Also announicing our engagement to family & friends - would love any fun ideas there.

I can't wait to view Wishes here! I also have fp+ for MSEP and Illuminations. Do you know where FP+ special viewing area for these are?

I don't know about illuminations but for MSEP it's a large section just opposite the castle, it's a great spot, there was so much space I just sat with my legs stretched out!

I don't know about illuminations but for MSEP it's a large section just opposite the castle, it's a great spot, there was so much space I just sat with my legs stretched out!

Thank you!! :banana: Now I know MSEP is opposite castle (is that between the castle and the hub?) All I need to find out now is where the illuminations viewing is going to be. I just can't wait! This will be our first time at Beach Club and Food and Wine Festival! :goodvibes

Thank you!! :banana: Now I know MSEP is opposite castle (is that between the castle and the hub?) All I need to find out now is where the illuminations viewing is going to be. I just can't wait! This will be our first time at Beach Club and Food and Wine Festival! :goodvibes

I have my illuminations FP "between the tower gift shops". Basically it is on the lagoon near the docks on the future world side between the 2 gift shops. Hope that helps!!

Me too for 11/2! Can't wait!!

~N

Nice.... hope to see you there:)

Just got back from the YC yesterday. We had an awesome stay! We were upgraded from standard to garden, and we actually had a view of the gazebo, the boat dock, and the lagoon! :goodvibes I hope to get a full report up soon!

:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear about the trip

Home from an amazing 2 weeks stay at the Beach Club. We were a garden view room with view of cresent lake to the right, only a 2 minute walk down to the marketplace which was great for refilling drinks.

We sampled a variety of quick/counter services meals from the marketplace and all were very good, I rather liked the turkey sandwich. The staff were great at adapting the options to our requirements.

It was great being able to walk into Epcot, we did this a lot as the boys loved doing the Agent P missions and collecting the stamps in the World Showcase passports. The walk along to Hollywood early in the morning was in the main shady and cool with a nice relxing boat ride back.

Did we choose the right resort - I can say without a doubt YES. We loved the relaxed feeling in and around the resort, StormAlongBay was fabulous plus being so close to 2 main resorts was great. Never had to wait for long for tranportation around WDW to parks and other resort hotels. The valet service was great at getting taxis for our trips to SeaWorld they arrived within minutes.

We had a photoshoot in and around the resort so I am really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Saving to come back already.

Sounds like you had an awesome trip :beach:

Ok everyone I have to say that I am sold! I have found my favorite resort. I'm not sure I could stay anywhere else ever again. I really like the YC over BC( don't hate me) I like that its quieter.

We are located pretty close to the elevators and I have gone to hard in the other end but the walk to BC is not bad at all. I was actually quite surprised at how close it is.

We are staying CL. It's really nice having the snacks , water and drinks available whenever you like. I'm not sure if I would stay CL every trip. I'm don't like I would miss it if we didn't stay CL. It the price was right ( like it was this time ) I would do it again. The hard part is my husband who is and egg/ bacon person. I am find with the offerings he needs more.

Love how close Epcot is!!! We walked there yesterday!

Write more later! Off to SAB

;) We have converted another

Folks - Those of you with Magic Bands and FP+ locked in, I was wondering if you would share your strategy for how you picked your FP rides, when you scheduled it for and how you picked your one park.

Seems to me like a whole new world of uber-planning just opened up and I was just curious what your thought process was.

FWIW. My analysis paralysis is here.

We're only doing a short trip in October, three full park days, so it made FP+ easy (and I think helpful). It also makes it easier that we're frequent visitors and familiar with everything. I'd hate to try this as a first timer...

Day 1 (Friday)
Epcot in am, MNSSHP in evening.
Booked TT, Soarin' and Nemo FP+ for as early as possible, then will hit World Showcase for F&W in the afternoon before heading to MK for the party.

Day 2 (Saturday)
AK in am, DHS in late afternoon/evening.
Booked ToT, RnRC and TSM for 3pm on. Figure on AK for rope drop for safari and maybe a few other rides, then migrate to DHS for rest of day.
Thrilled to avoid the stampede for TSM FP- and to still get to ride even when arriving later in the day.

Day 3 (Sunday)
No idea what we're doing in the am, but doing MK later in the day for evening EMH.
Booked FP+ for Space Mtn (because it always has long standby lines), Jungle Cruise (closed during MNSSHP so want to ride for sure) and the new Little Mermaid ride ('cause it's new).

DH laughed hysterically at my reasoning and rationales as I was debating the whole thing, but I know he'll change his tune if/when we get to ride all our favs without any hassle or confusion. Usually we have to skip something on short trips like that, due to long lines and/or crappy FP- return times. And I'm hoping the FP+/- double-dipping option will still be there so we can do even more. Wahoo... :grin:

I have done our MB custom:cool1: I can't wait to get them then it will be all for real!!

When do they open up FP+? We are 61 days out and can't. Is it a good idea to do them before hand anyway?

lso looking for ideas on a romantic night out. Wanna keep it low key no big dinner, honestly with my XDH it was never a priority.

Also announicing our engagement to family & friends - would love any fun ideas there.

Congrats on your engagement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter