2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure!

Posted some of the Facebook pictures from AK and EP on the Lily thread.

This one is my favorite!

cutest picture :goodvibes Lily is soooo cute

Good morning, and Happy New Year to my BC/YC family,

I know that this is off-topic, but I'm sure Dee won't mind.

About 10 days ago, I posted asking for prayers/thoughts for our cat Henry, who was having what the vets called a "diabetic crisis," and I'm so grateful for the love, prayers, thoughts and pixie dust you sent. I felt it, Tom (jnpants) felt it, and I know Henry felt it. Unfortunately, this was a battle we were not destined to win, and we had to say goodbye to our Henry on Friday. I won't bore or depress you with all the medical details, but basically, it happened so fast, I can barely get it straight. We went from, "Henry looks a little weak...maybe we should take him to the vet.." on 12/19...to him being diagnosed with diabetes on the 20th, rushed to the emergency vet on the 22nd, where we were told he was having a diabetic crisis, or essentially was in a diabetic shock. The vets were concerned about his situation, but confident they could regulate his insulin and then hand him over to us for his care. He rallied and improved slowly right up through Christmas Day, but on the 26th, we got a call that he was slipping backwards, and come to find out....and you won't believe this...he had a tumor sitting on his adrenal gland, which was secreting a hormone that was actively counteracting the insulin we were pumping into him. So in essence, the tumor drove him into diabetic shock, and then deflected any treatment needed to get him out of it. It is very, very rare, and it left us no choice but to say goodbye peacefully before he was in any pain. At that point, luckily, the vet assured us that he merely felt as if he had a low-grade fever- uncomfortable, but not in pain.

Again, our hearts are broken. He was a member of the family, and it happened so quick, I'm having trouble processing it. He was also only 8, which for an indoor cat, I only consider middle-aged at best. Due to the snowstorm, I am home alone today and tomorrow, and I already can't tell you how quiet the house is. We have another cat...his sister from the same litter, but we're quickly realizing how quiet she is, and that Henry "said" a lot by his mere presence. We are still blessed to have Grace remaining, and she has no idea of the love about to come her way. If there's any silver lining, she is the lower-maintenence, more independent of the two, so people ask how she is, and I really think she's fine. I'm sure she knows her dads are sad, and realizes that "the big one" hasn't been here for a week or so, but I firmly believe she'll be ok.

This has been off-topic, but this thread really is like a family, and I thought those of you who were thinking of Henry would want to know. I also posted a humorous pic of him for NinjaMom, all sprawled out on our bed a few months back, and I wanted to do him more justice and post a really handsome pic of him. It's one of my favorites, and actually pretty recent. It's probably from Sept. or Oct. of 2013.

I'm planning to become a lot more active on here to get my mind off of things, and think that later today or tomorrow, I'm going to start up a PTR for our 8/14 trip. I'd like for once to do a really good, complete PTR and TR.

Thanks again...I'll leave you with Henry. :flower3:

9c16594f5a323f75acb9ca42b194b034_zpsea88d1e7.jpg

Scott - so sorry for your loss... as a diabetic myself I can only tell you that it is so good that Henry did not feel the pain that could come... I am a total animal person and understand the loss that it is when one of our babies needs to go on without us... good thoughts to you

I'm still in Dallas visiting with my daughter and thought I would post about the commercials here... DisneyLAND!!! I so see a trip there when I move here next STRIKE THAT... THIS YEAR!!!! It's cold here brrr... BUT better than what's about to hit at home... SNOW! Hope I get home on Saturday!!!

Also checking the countdown to YC!!!

~N

Nannette- glad you are having fun visiting your daughter

Hi again! You all are being so helpful... I have another question for you! We were thinking of having DD3 go to the Sandcastle Club one evening but I am reading conflicting requirements for age. Some places I read says 3 - 12 and other places says 4 - 12. Can anyone help me out with this? I think she'd love it for a few hours one night - she is fully potty trained (for a year now). Thanks!

Scott I'm very sorry to hear of Henry's passing :hug: losing a precious furbaby is so hard

natebenma said:
I am thrilled to be adding you to the guest list!

We look forward to having you hang out here with us until your trip.

:yay:

PS- so how did you get to EPCOT on that first trip??? Boat? Or didn't you go?
It's great to be back here! Ahhh would you believe we DROVE to epcot that trip!!!! :) We had no clue!!

My DH is a universal lover, and as he puts it...sick of the castle :( so I'm hoping to help him find his Disney love by staying on the other side of the world. It will be a true resort changer record if I keep this reservation intact. My kids will help...they are jazzed about SAB. Thanks again for the warm welcome back :hug:

Does anyone know how Storm Along Bay is working with just Magic Bands? Are they scanning them to verify you are staying at BC/YC BCV?

Thank you.

ScottMC I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Henry was a handsome fella. :lovestruc

We have two kitties that I am in absolute love with (and I am not an animal person). Our oldest will be 2 in May and the little one will be 1 in March. I hope we have many years with our fur babies.

:hug: to you!!

We were thinking of having DD3 go to the Sandcastle Club one evening but I am reading conflicting requirements for age. Some places I read says 3 - 12 and other places says 4 - 12. Can anyone help me out with this?

It's 3-12.

Scott

Read about Henry, sorry for your loss. We have two kitties that are brother and sister, Lilo and Stitch.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello!:thumbsup2

We will be staying at the Yacht Club CL for the first time from Oct 25th-Oct 28th for the first leg of our split stay with the Wilderness Lodge! :woohoo:

We figured Food & Wine would be a great time to try out the YC. Though reading that the Beach Club will be renovating the CL this summer, I wonder if we should consider there :stir:

Can you please add me to the list for 2014? We are staying September 14-20 at Beach Club! First time staying there and super excited!!

If you're staying on property can you park anywhere at WDW during your stay? We will be staying at BCR and my sister's family will likely be staying at AKL. Can they just drive over and park at BCR when they want to come see us? And vice versa...

If you're staying on property can you park anywhere at WDW during your stay? We will be staying at BCR and my sister's family will likely be staying at AKL. Can they just drive over and park at BCR when they want to come see us? And vice versa...

Yes, they can. My sisters did that when we were at BCV's and they were at CB.

I need a pep talk ( or some encouragement) :) I stayed at the Beach Club a year and half ago and loved it. Loved my room, the cast members and the club level. However, I nearly died on this trip and I'm afraid to go back. I wrote about it a few months ago I came down with Double pneumonia , renal failure and left in a wheel chair. I booked the Contemporary, but really want the Beach Club. I now am thinking about changing my reservation but I'm terrified. I keep telling myself that it won't happen again and I'll have a wonderful trip, but you all know how it goes. I have to change my reservations soon before I can't get the room I want. Thank you all.

I need a pep talk ( or some encouragement) :) I stayed at the Beach Club a year and half ago and loved it. Loved my room, the cast members and the club level. However, I nearly died on this trip and I'm afraid to go back. I wrote about it a few months ago I came down with Double pneumonia , renal failure and left in a wheel chair. I booked the Contemporary, but really want the Beach Club. I now am thinking about changing my reservation but I'm terrified. I keep telling myself that it won't happen again and I'll have a wonderful trip, but you all know how it goes. I have to change my reservations soon before I can't get the room I want. Thank you all.

So sorry all that happened last time!!! I would say go back to the Beach Club and have double fun this time to make up for last time!!!!

I seem to recall hearing about parking restrictions at one time. You couldn't park at Beach Club unless you were staying there or had a reservation at a restaurant there. I think it was because it was a very busy time of year. We had a family member living in the Orlando area at the time, and I remember wondering if she would have trouble parking if she wanted to drive over to see us. (She didn't want to, so it wasn't an issue.)

I personally would stay at yc. Same amenities but different room vibe etc. I hear your fear and honestly would feel same way

I would book it and think of it as a do over.

We had issues with one of our cruises in 2006. We rebooked it for the following year and had a much better time.

In 2011 we had to cancel our Hawaiian vacation due to DH's emergency surgery :scared1:. I rebooked it for the following year (same week, only change was one hotel). We almost didn't make that one due to Hurricane Sandy and half a foot of snow the night before we left. I told myself we would be going and if we didn't make it that time I wasn't going. It was the best vacation we ever had.

I changed my reservation to the Beach Club and added an extra day. :) Now I just have to change my ticker.

I seem to recall hearing about parking restrictions at one time. You couldn't park at Beach Club unless you were staying there or had a reservation at a restaurant there. I think it was because it was a very busy time of year. We had a family member living in the Orlando area at the time, and I remember wondering if she would have trouble parking if she wanted to drive over to see us. (She didn't want to, so it wasn't an issue.)

I think that since their relatives are staying at another resort, it is okay. They just have to give the gate person the name and room number and tell them they are visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter