2012 Wild For Disney Resident Passes

Man wish they had something similar to this for DL in CA, I don't mean a Southern California discount, but all California residents!

I was planning to buy 2 Play-3 FL resident park hoppers to use during MLK weekend in the next few days. I will now wait and save the almost $40 per ticket. Thank you!! :worship:

I know you are a CM, but just wondering where the info was from. I saw it on another Disney fan site but have yet to find it on the Disney site. :wizard:

I know you are a CM, but just wondering where the info was from. I saw it on another Disney fan site but have yet to find it on the Disney site. :wizard:
I got my information from the ticketing module in Disney's internal (passworded) site. Since this does not go on sale until January 4, I would not expect it to be on the publicly accessible site until either the 3rd or 4th.

I think it would be easier to get a Guest Services Manager at a Park prior to opening than to have them locate one somewhere in DTD the night before.

And, again, this would be an exception to policy and may not happen.

Just an aside, any Guest Relations front line Cast Member is empowered to make this decision. At Downtown Disney or a Theme Park. A manager is not required for approval or override. But again, this is against policy. :goodvibes

CF - I can't find anything on the Disney site to clarify but here's my situation...We are visiting 1/21 - 1/27, I already have my tickets. However, we would LOVE for my baby brother and his girlfriend join us for a couple days in the parks. Can I, as a MD resident, purchase these passes online for my brother to pick up and use at will-call as a FL resident (he lives in JAX)? I don't want to use them myself, I just want to pay for them as a gift. Preferably before we get down there, so we don't waste time standing in line for tickets.
Thank you for your help. :goodvibes

No. As long as your ISP is outside Florida you may not be able to even get into the Florida Resident portion of the website. And when you enter credit card information you have to enter your name and address; the system validates your ZIP Code with the Credit Card Company, and if the ZIP Code is not in Florida the transaction will not process.

Sorry to un-bury this thread but I'm about to buy these tickets and have a question. If I buy the 3 day pass, but decide to add the 4th day, is it just the $30 difference? Can I even do this? Thank you!

Yes and Yes.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Several questions about the "all Florida Resident Rules apply"

1. What's to keep a Florida resident from purchasing these tickets online, picking them up with their Florida ID and showing the credit card they used to pay and then giving them to an out-of-state friend or family member to use?

2. Is the Florida resident's name printed on the ticket when they pick it up?

3. If the Florida resident already has an annual pass, will the purchase of this promotional ticket trigger something in the software of the system?

4. Once given to the out-of-state friend or family member, the first time that person uses the ticket the biometric scan will "link" that ticket to that person, Florida resident or not...correct?

5. Are these promotional tickets available at retail locations or only online?

1. The tickets must be activated prior to first use. Demographic data (name, birth date, address, telephone) are entered into the ticketing computer. Each person 18 or older must present a state-issued photo ID. They don't have Florida ID.

2. Yes.

3. No

4. Yes.

5. May be ordered online or purchased at any WDW Park ticket or Guest Relations window (includes water parks, TTC, DTD and Epcot International Gateway).

1A. These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter