• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Weddings!!

We got our wedding planner; Diane Bowen!!!! (Also got the planning kit and the annual passes!) Yeay!!

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to all the 2012 brides :woohoo:

My fiance and I will be getting married on January 19,2012!!

So does anyone know about renewing your vows at Disney?

I replied to you but my reply vanished! What exactly do you want to know? We're doing a vow renwal and it is planned pretty much exactly like a wedding except that you don't need the marriage liscense and the vows can be a bit different. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!

Clearly i'm a little emotional this week so here's my soapbox :rotfl2:
Its so exciting to see everyone creeping toward the year mark! I have been on the boards or at least lurking for about a year now and 2012 seemed sooooo unbelievably far away! Now i have 81 days until my planning session, which is 6 months to the day from the wedding! Cant believe in 8 months and 3 weeks and change from now it will be here! Once the showers and bachelorette parties start, Summer flies by then the fall holidays then BAM We will be counting down to 2012!!!

Cheers to all the 2012 Weddings! Its going to be here before we know it! And to those that are still over a year out- Enjoy it! The closer it gets the faster it comes! I thought I would never get to within the year mark and that was 4 months ago now!!! CRAZY!

Clearly i'm a little emotional this week so here's my soapbox :rotfl2:
Its so exciting to see everyone creeping toward the year mark! I have been on the boards or at least lurking for about a year now and 2012 seemed sooooo unbelievably far away! Now i have 81 days until my planning session, which is 6 months to the day from the wedding! Cant believe in 8 months and 3 weeks and change from now it will be here! Once the showers and bachelorette parties start, Summer flies by then the fall holidays then BAM We will be counting down to 2012!!!

Cheers to all the 2012 Weddings! Its going to be here before we know it! And to those that are still over a year out- Enjoy it! The closer it gets the faster it comes! I thought I would never get to within the year mark and that was 4 months ago now!!! CRAZY!

Thanks I agree with you!!! I'm creepy extremly close to my one year mark and I'm soooo excited, yet nervous that I need to really buckle down on a few things!!! :eek::banana:

Out year is ALMOST here!!!!!

YES! Time does start going by faster once you pass the year mark! I started looking into a VR over a year ago and it seemed so far away for so long. Today I looked at my ticker and there was a 10 in front! YIKES! Time for me to get to work.

We're all going to be having beautiful events in the happiest place on earth before we know it! Hooray!!!

Quick question for you girls who are already at the year out point - When did you start working on your LOA and how long did it take you to get it? We will be hitting the 1 year point in about a week and haven't gotten any info on our LOA yet. I know I'm probably just anxious, but I really want to hear from our consultant about it!

Quick question for you girls who are already at the year out point - When did you start working on your LOA and how long did it take you to get it? We will be hitting the 1 year point in about a week and haven't gotten any info on our LOA yet. I know I'm probably just anxious, but I really want to hear from our consultant about it!

I got my LOA at the beginning of april, a few weeks before my one year mark.

I got a call from my planner today too, I have Michelle Wenzler-Dorr, and she sounded wonderful on the phone! I can't wait to get more planning done!!

My DH and I are trying to plan an Escape VR ceremony in Feb 2012. I downloaded the brochure and got an email from DFTW. I called for more info, left a voicemail almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know what the time frame is for hearing back from them? I know there's still time but I'd like to make sure the date I want is available. Should I call again or just wait till I hear something? Also how far out can you book?

Thanks! :)

My DH and I are trying to plan an Escape VR ceremony in Feb 2012. I downloaded the brochure and got an email from DFTW. I called for more info, left a voicemail almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know what the time frame is for hearing back from them? I know there's still time but I'd like to make sure the date I want is available. Should I call again or just wait till I hear something? Also how far out can you book?

It's usually best to talk to a live person when you call, as they will take down all your info. Did you call during regular business hours? I'd try back again.

ETA: For Wishes you can tentatively book at 16 months (sign a contract at 12), for Escape 12 months (but you can't sign a contract until 8 months out), and for Memories, 6 months.

Hi there - i havent been on for some time - getting over the disappointment of not having the DFTW now :sad1:

However, i'm having a gorgeous small but Fairytale like Catle in the UK in March 2012 .... and my disney element is my Tiana Dress and cake. I'm also able to have ALOT more family & friends there for less than what a DFTW would have cost us so its not all disappointing:yay:

So please take me off December list, and if your allowed to put non disney weddings on the list i'll be glad to appear in the March list (but its ok if you dont want to)

Good Luck to you all and remember to have a wonderful time on you day:cloud9:

Hi there - i havent been on for some time - getting over the disappointment of not having the DFTW now :sad1:

However, i'm having a gorgeous small but Fairytale like Catle in the UK in March 2012 .... and my disney element is my Tiana Dress and cake. I'm also able to have ALOT more family & friends there for less than what a DFTW would have cost us so its not all disappointing:yay:

So please take me off December list, and if your allowed to put non disney weddings on the list i'll be glad to appear in the March list (but its ok if you dont want to)

Good Luck to you all and remember to have a wonderful time on you day:cloud9:

So Sorry to hear about not being able to have a DFTW, but it's good to know that you'll be getting married with more of your family and friends around, and also a lot earlier!!!! :banana::banana:

There is always DFTW VR down the road, and I'm sure your wedding will be amazing with all your disney elements!!:goodvibes

Hey everyone!

Am so excited to finally be able to join in after many months of lurking!

We are planning to get married at SBP on May 14th 2012, 10am.

Looking forward to having fun sharing ideas and plans with all you guys!! :grouphug:

Excited that it's now finally under a year and we are now pencilled in :woohoo: now just waiting another 4 months until we are at the 8 month point to sign a contract

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter