2012 trips?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Does anyone have an idea of when the 2012 trips will be released? Do you think they will be generally the same as the ones for 2011? We really like the German one, and are hoping they will have the same one, with adult only departures, for 2012!

Also, has anyone ever done an adult only departure? I'm wondering what the age mix is like on that.

If the past announcements show a pattern, it is likely they will announce the 2012 season in August. Germany is a great trip (we did it over Christmas 2009)--and likely to continue. But as to adult only, can't say--our trips with ABD have all been family. Folks on this disboard site have done them and enjoyed them--and as I recall the ages tend to be older but there are younger couples and parents with adult kids that go. As for new trips, things are a bit in the air after the great Eygpt trip was deraild a bit by world events--but I would expect that trip to continue, and am hoping for Greece/Turkey--or maybe interior England/Scotland/Wales. ABD and the cruise line are now under the same top management, so there are more pairings--they may be an announcement by Disney re new cruise adventures for summer 2012, and I am speculating that that may also bring in ABD in new ways (for example--my dream list only--an eastern med cruise,with ABD also announcing Greece as a desitination--then pairing the guides from ABD Greece trip with the eastern med ABD add-on). So, hard to say--we are all the mercy of the vast and complicated Disney marketing machine!

Ugh. Just re-read my entry above--riddled with spelling and other errors. That's what I get for typing fast and hitting enter! Anyway--cruise announcement expected April 6 per rumors. And I mean vast marketing machine in the most positive light of course!

So far, as WeLoveABD said, they've made the trip announcements in August. Germany is one of their popular trips, and has been around for a while, so I would think it's likely it will still be around in 2012.

I haven't done the Germany trip, but I've done 2 Adult Only ABD's (Southwest Splendors and Alaska). They were a mix of couples, singles and families with adult children. A couple of the couples were on the "older" range, but several were 30's-early 50's (as were the singles). The adult child on SWS was 21. I don't believe any of the couples were in their 20's.

Sayhello

Ugh. Just re-read my entry above--riddled with spelling and other errors. That's what I get for typing fast and hitting enter! Anyway--cruise announcement expected April 6 per rumors. And I mean vast marketing machine in the most positive light of course!
You know, you *can* edit your post if you want! :goodvibes

Sayhello

Thanks so much for the responses! We are waiting for the cruise to be announced, but from the rumors (which I think you are on those boards Sayhello) it doesn't look like Europe. We are also thinking we want more time on land.

I have read lots of great reviews of the Germany trip! I am a bit worried about the age gap (we are in our late 20's) as pics I have seen of adult trips look like a retired crowd, but I think, as a childless couple, I would rather be with older adults that families with small children.

I guess now I just need to wait for the announcement!

We have done two adults only trips and both trips had couples in their late 20's, family groups with adult children in their 20's, and the vast majority were in their 40's and 50's. All ages got along well and as far as I could see there was a good cohesion on the adult only trips with everyone getting along very well and spending free time with others in the group.

I'm really hoping for something in South East Asia (specifically Thailand and/or Vietnam). Not sure ABD will ever go there though. Has anyone traveled there with a tour company?

I'm really hoping for something in South East Asia (specifically Thailand and/or Vietnam). Not sure ABD will ever go there though. Has anyone traveled there with a tour company?

I haven't yet, but I'm considering it for 2012. Tauck has a trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand (World Discovery, not Bridges), Thomson introduced a new family trip to Thailand this year. Lindblad is adding a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia along the Mekong River for 2012. They are having a webinar tonight with information on this trip and two other new itineraries. Maybe ABD will add a new trip too. The more options the better!

ETA: I watched the Lindblad webcast last night and the Vietnam/Cambodia trip looks fantastic. Lots of interesting sights, interaction with the people, and local cuisine. The ship they are using is under construction (ahead of schedule) and will be ready in Nov. They showed what the rooms will look like and they are unbelievable! Unfortunately for us, the only dates are in Feb and March, and DS's spring break is in April next year. :sad2:

Bobo912,

When traveling in the future remember It is a MYTH that 2 FLAVORS OF CHAMPAGNE were created on 6 JUNE 1944! Enjoy your next trip.

LOL. Does that mean ABD is bringing back Flavors of France? I recognize the the D-day date, but I don't have a clue what that post means. But it is entertaining to try to figure it out. :)

Bobo912,

When traveling in the future remember It is a MYTH that 2 FLAVORS OF CHAMPAGNE were created on 6 JUNE 1944! Enjoy your next trip.

Hi disneyguy 2010! I was hoping you'd post again this year and give us hints about 2012. What else can you tell us?

I think Flavors of France was Paris and somewhere in the south of France. I was just joking about that exact trip coming back Normandy and Champagne, I guess, from DisneyGuy's clue. What does the MYTH part mean? Greece maybe? ABD isn't at the top of my list for 2012. so I hope they come up with something more interesting. France isn't going win me over. Greece might though. The Lindblad Greece trip is on my short list.

DisneyGuy, any idea on the date when the 2012 itineraries will be announced?

Hello - Yes, these posts have me intrigued...

But my question is simple - when does ABD typically announced destinations for the next year (i.e. 2012) and when does booking start? We are definitely considering ABD for Europe next year but our possible dates are a bit tricky - couldn't make it happen this year...

Thanks!

Last year the trips were released on July 21. The two prior years it was the firs week or so of August. Booking started at the same time.

I would love to go to Normandy again. It is so moving. So, please please don't mess mith my mind, if that is not an option!

The only Myth I can think of (other than the silver spoon in the Champagne) is some sort of Greece Itinerary...:wizard:

So here we are about 6 weeks away from August...will there be new trips announced? Will Greece be added?

Sure, world turmoil has to play a part--and maybe the economics of Greece, Spain, Ireland...on the other hand tourists bring welcome funds. So I'm still hoping for some sort of Greece and Greek Islands Adventure--maybe with Ephesus thrown in for good (and ancient) measure. I'm also staying with my theory that should the cruise line go back to the med, they would consider an Eastern Med cruise (hopefully things will cool down out there)--and do an ABD add-on with guides experienced in Eygpt, Greece, Turkey...

Also, will DisneyGuy pay disboard another visit? (He's been on the money before re new trips--or lack of trips)

So here we are about 6 weeks away from August...will there be new trips announced? Will Greece be added?

Sure, world turmoil has to play a part--and maybe the economics of Greece, Spain, Ireland...on the other hand tourists bring welcome funds. So I'm still hoping for some sort of Greece and Greek Islands Adventure--maybe with Ephesus thrown in for good (and ancient) measure. I'm also staying with my theory that should the cruise line go back to the med, they would consider an Eastern Med cruise (hopefully things will cool down out there)--and do an ABD add-on with guides experienced in Eygpt, Greece, Turkey...

Also, will DisneyGuy pay disboard another visit? (He's been on the money before re new trips--or lack of trips)
Disney cruise line is definitely not going back to the Med in 2012. So there won't be any ABD Med cruise tie-ins for next year, at the very least. Whether or not DCL returns to the Med any time soon is anyone's guess. That doesn't mean that ABD couldn't add a Greece ABD without the cruise-line!

As long as disneyguy plays nicely and does not get argumentative or call names like he did last year, then he's welcome back! :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter