2012 Quick service dining plan 2 snacks or 1?

It would be nice if they are still keeping the extra snack credit - not that we need it of course :lmao:

Exactly what I was thinking as I was catching up on this thread! if we get it, then great - if not, we won't starve ;)

......and I didn't think your previous post sounded snippy either :)

OK this is brilliant for the UK visitor and easy for Disney to implement. Given that when Disney get your voucher when you check-in they will just have a different number of credits put on your key cards it's pretty easy to do on the Disney systems from what I hear. The US guests will be none the wiser and heck what are they going to do if they're not happy about it..not go? I think this is a great way to entice the UK traveller given that we shell out to typically go for 2 weeks and the average American traveller goes for 5 days why shouldn't the Brits get a little perk. Cool stuff :)

The US guests will be none the wiser and heck what are they going to do if they're not happy about it..not go?

Are you kidding? I'll give this 7 days - tops - to make it's way to a hot new threat on one of the main boards ;)

Seriously though, nice as it is, I do think it is unfair. The US guests, or anyone booking through the US site, pay the same for the DDP (equivalent) as what we do. I think they could have just left the snack on for everyone to begin with. :goodvibes

Anyway, I remembered my smilies in this post :lmao:Beth is right - that is what made it look so 'short' to me - I love my smilies :rotfl2:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong ... I didn't say that the Americans wouldn't be happy with it and they may complain but it won't get them very far for 2012.

Whether we pay the same is all relative given that we have a completely different cost of living in the UK to US so to my mind just because I pay $2.50 for the same bottle water as an American does it doesn't necessarily equate to that to me once I look at the exchange rate and what I may pay for it in London blah blah

You could argue that it has been unfair that UK guests have had the option of booking Free Dining for way more time and for different times of the year than US guests. It's also unfair that some US nationals get Disney PIN codes and some don't. It's also unfair that some companies offer better deals to new customers rather than old... that is marketing and sometimes it ain't fair... that's life :) I admit to having double standards so when it suits me and I'm getting a deal yayyy and when I'm not getting a deal then I'll ask and see if I can get the same deal LOL.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong ... I didn't say that the Americans wouldn't be happy with it and they may complain but it won't get them very far for 2012.

Whether we pay the same is all relative given that we have a completely different cost of living in the UK to US so to my mind just because I pay $2.50 for the same bottle water as an American does it doesn't necessarily equate to that to me once I look at the exchange rate and what I may pay for it in London blah blah

You could argue that it has been unfair that UK guests have had the option of booking Free Dining for way more time and for different times of the year than US guests. It's also unfair that some US nationals get Disney PIN codes and some don't. It's also unfair that some companies offer better deals to new customers rather than old... that is marketing and sometimes it ain't fair... that's life :) I admit to having double standards so when it suits me and I'm getting a deal yayyy and when I'm not getting a deal then I'll ask and see if I can get the same deal LOL.

I guess you're right - we could all argue or debate the issue but it wouldnt get us anywhere. I just felt that it was a little unfair as you can't really take cost of living into account for a holiday.

For what it's worth, I get regular pin codes from Disney, so it is by no means limited to US residents. Some get them, some never do - it's like a totally random lottery. Anyway, I'm sure this isn't the last we'll hear of this :goodvibes

Brits already get much better deals than US guests - an additional snack is nothing in comparison..

Brits have much better tickets (the two week unlimited ticket is fantastic - nothing like that for US guests)

Brits have free dining with 40% discount at OKW/SSR - nothing offered to the US guests comes close to that!

I had it confirmed by Disney back in June that UK customers are still getting the 2 snacks while the US plan has been changed to 1 snack.

Also, don't forget that from the UK we are staying at POR during free dining next year but only get QSDP whereas a US customer staying at POR at the same time will be on the full dining plan for free, so free dining isn't exactly favouring the UK customers at all as we are all actually getting a much worse deal!

I had it confirmed by Disney back in June that UK customers are still getting the 2 snacks while the US plan has been changed to 1 snack.

Also, don't forget that from the UK we are staying at POR during free dining next year but only get QSDP whereas a US customer staying at POR at the same time will be on the full dining plan for free, so free dining isn't exactly favouring the UK customers at all as we are all actually getting a much worse deal!

when OKW is offered at the 42% discount, you can get OKW with free dining for the same rate as POR with just free quick service. in that the brits are most definitely favored.

I had the 2012 Walt Disney Company brochure delivered this week .. it says 2 snacks on QSDP

we've booked SSR at Feb half term with the 42% off, free dining and $300 gift card for a flight inclusive package ... I'm so excited .... never stayed on property before :D

I must add though - there is one major difference between the US & UK Visitor - and that is called the Atlantic. Knowing how much a UK visitor has to pay to even get to Disney must mean that from a business perspective they need to make it appealing to UK visitors hence price offers and of course that UK visitors often stay for longer.

I must add though - there is one major difference between the US & UK Visitor - and that is called the Atlantic. Knowing how much a UK visitor has to pay to even get to Disney must mean that from a business perspective they need to make it appealing to UK visitors hence price offers and of course that UK visitors often stay for longer.

OMG I was totally just about to come on here and write exactly this :) It's a true story all round and I totally agree.

I know this is bumping up an older thread, but is this really the case and has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

I booked the QSDP yesterday and it did say 2 cs meals and 2 snacks, but in my confirmation email it doesn't give the breakdown of the plan, just said QSDP. So I don't really have it in writing that this is what i've booked.

Just everything i've been reading (that was more than likely US based) as been telling me only one snack.

Confusedddd! :confused3

When I booked it 2 months ago it stated 2 snacks but apparently that's wrong and it's just 1...

you def get 2 snack credits per day per person on the qsdp if booked with Virgin. Here is the reply I got from them a few months ago when I was also checking and wanting it in writing!!

Hi Vanda,

Thanks for your e-mail and sorry for the delay in our reply.

I've double checked this with our product team and they have advised that you definitely get 2 snack with the Disney Quick Service Dining plan in 2012.

If you have any other questions then just let us know and I hope you have a lovely time in Orlando.

Kindest regards,

Tracy Peck

Service Consultant

Telephone 0844 557 4002

The Galleria, Station Road
Crawley, RH10 1WW

Surely the dining plan is the same wherever you book though? I booked through virgin too and they stated 2 snacks... Not sure why everywhere else states 1, it's weird!!

This is the US version and the one for anyone who books through the US side of the website. UK guests have a separate one which states 2 snacks per person for 2012 - it is specifically for UK guests so anyone who booked through VH or Disney UK (and any other company signed up to this) will get the two snacks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012Quick%20ServiceUK.pdf

January will tell how it all goes at check in but it shouldn't be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter