2012 Marathon?

cindirella&herprince

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know dates for any 2012 Disney races? I'm planning to get up off my couch and start getting in shape. I would like to set the Disney Marathon as my goal, but since I have never run a marathon I'm thinking the Marathon coming up in Jan. 2011 is a little soon. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

For 2012 they are moving the marathon to a noon start the first weekend in August because of the favorable running weather.

Ok, it will almost certainly be the weekend of the 13th, 14th, and 15th. There is a slight chance it could be the previous weekend since the first is on a Sunday but I would plan on the second full week of the month.

Ok, it will almost certainly be the weekend of the 13th, 14th, and 15th. There is a slight chance it could be the previous weekend since the first is on a Sunday but I would plan on the second full week of the month.

Actually I think it would be the weekend before (6th-8th) as MLK day is observed on the 16th in 2012.

Actually I think it would be the weekend before (6th-8th) as MLK day is observed on the 16th in 2012.

Like this year. The following one, even if MLK, would be great because I'd have an extra day to recoup before going back to school (especially since I'm thinking of doing the full in 2012)...but I doubt they'd do that. So I'll just do the fly in Friday night, hit the expo Saturday thing assuming I do the full.

Good point.

In a way I think it would be better so the marathon crowds aren't compounded by the holiday crowds. One of the nice things about marathon weekend is that other then the races there is no real reason to be there. I mean no other events, no holiday, kids are in school so less people in general. I'm sure it isn't a coincidence since it gets a lot of people down there on what would be a pretty slow weekend otherwise.

I am looking for 2012 info also....I have set my goal on the 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon. I just started running and I want to give myself enough time to train. I would love to keep up with anyone training for 2012 BC i need to motivation to keep running. The hardest part for me is just getting up to go lol. Once I am out and moving it isn't as bad as i thought it would be lol.
pirate:

Definitely the weekend of jan 6-8

2012 is the year we share the park with the straggling New Years Eve revellers, again. Seems like the NYE folks hang on until the end of the week following Jan 1. So expect a party hardy crowd in the parks on Firday and Saturday.

I am looking for 2012 info also....I have set my goal on the 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon. I just started running and I want to give myself enough time to train. I would love to keep up with anyone training for 2012 BC i need to motivation to keep running. The hardest part for me is just getting up to go lol. Once I am out and moving it isn't as bad as i thought it would be lol.
pirate:

I too and training for the princess 2012! Was hoping to run in 2011, but I have a work conference that week that puts me on the other side of the country! :sad2: So 2012 here I come!! We should start a thread for all of us looking for early motivation!! :goodvibes

Am I reading this right. is the 2012 1/2 marathon going to be in August? I too am training for it. Due to two knee surgeries I have to take it real slooooww. Any info on the 2012 1/2 would be greatly appreciated. All of you out there training for it, Keep going. Stride with Pride.

pirate:

I'm doing the 2012 Princess half too!:hippie:

Am I reading this right. is the 2012 1/2 marathon going to be in August? I too am training for it. Due to two knee surgeries I have to take it real slooooww. Any info on the 2012 1/2 would be greatly appreciated. All of you out there training for it, Keep going. Stride with Pride.

That was a joke. Read further down after the big space in that post.

Nothing has been announced for 2012 yet. Heck, they haven't even updated the info for the 2011 Disneyland Half yet!

Good luck with rehabbing!

That was a joke. Read further down after the big space in that post.

Nothing has been announced for 2012 yet. Heck, they haven't even updated the info for the 2011 Disneyland Half yet!

Good luck with rehabbing!

BUT unless something changes expect the 2012 Half to be on January 7 and the 2012 Full to be on January 8
For 2013... 12 & 13 (Note the Disney has varied on this weekend in the past and the races could be 5 & 6)
2014 - 11 & 12
2015 - 10 & 11

Sorry, blond moment( I am blond by the way). I guess I need to lighten up a bit. If you only knew what this race means to me, my original post would make more sense. Now I can sigh in relief. Back to the training program. Yeah !!! Thanks again for the explanation.

2012 will be my next year to do the full! Mickey 20 baby! :)

Katie - I think it's 2013 for Mickey's big 2-0. If I'm not mistaken, Donald's 15th is in 2012. I'm looking forward to both! :teeth:

Katie - I think it's 2013 for Mickey's big 2-0. If I'm not mistaken, Donald's 15th is in 2012. I'm looking forward to both! :teeth:

Correct,

Hopefully they will not forget to celebrate the 15th Donald. They did celebrate the 5th but skipped the 10th.

Correct,

Hopefully they will not forget to celebrate the 15th Donald. They did celebrate the 5th but skipped the 10th.

Not a chance! They are hurting with the fees being the same as the Marathon. They need to pump up the numbers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter