2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

Pirates BBQ is Tuesday from 6-8. It is 22.95 for adults and 10.95 for kids 3-9. Menu is ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, cornbread, watermelon and apple pie. You can do all the activities even if you don't do the bbq.

Low Country Boil is Thursday 5:30 to 7:30 at beach house. It is 24.95 for adults and 9.95 for kids. There is a low country boil buffet with boiled shrimp, smoked sausage, red potatoes, scalloped potatoes, spanish rice, gumbo, corn on the cob, marinated pork tenderloin, hushpuppies, salads and deserts. For kids there are chicken fingers, mac and cheese, salad and desert. There was face painting, music, pool games, crafts. Each family got their own table with their name on it. There weren't too many people on a day with great weather in July.

Thank you so much for posting that!! It gives me more of an idea of what to expect! I'm glad you all had a wonderful trip! :)

Quick silly question--we are DVC members, but we are staying on a cash ressie. Where do I do online check-in? Can I still do it through the DVC Member site?

Thanks again!! :)

We booked a 2 bd during Spring Break, March 29-April 5. We will be there over my ds's 13th birthday! My parents will be going, along with my husband, sons 10 and 13 and daughter, 8.

I am not sure what we plan on doing while there, so this thread has been great for getting ideas! I know the boys will want to golf and I would like to do some beach combing, looking for sand dollars and shells.

It sounds as if there is a lot to do for the kids right at the resort with all the activities. Can't wait!

We'll be there at the same time:goodvibes. We arrive on the 30th and it will be my family (me, DH, DD9 and DD7) and my parents. My parents have come to WDW with us but never to HHI. I can't wait to see how they like it! My dad will be retiring in 2014 and I am trying to convince him to buy his own DVC contract. We love inviting them along, but we bought enough points for us to do a 1BR every year. Since we book a 2BR when we invite mom and dad, we've had to do studios for parts of our trips. I'm not complaining one bit because I really do love the fact that I have 2 parents that are both physically and financially healthy enough to enjoy vacationing with us:grouphug:.

Thank you so much for posting that!! It gives me more of an idea of what to expect! I'm glad you all had a wonderful trip! :)

Quick silly question--we are DVC members, but we are staying on a cash ressie. Where do I do online check-in? Can I still do it through the DVC Member site?

Thanks again!! :)

You're welcome!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question since we booked on points. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

We just stayed on cash ressie last week... Online check in was the same as points on DVC member website...
We loved HHI so much! It was our first time there and honestly one of our best family vacations ever! Even with all the rain we got last week... I loved that our biggest decision was "should we go to the pool or the beach today?" lol... My husband described the resort as a summer camp for families.... Cast members were amazing... Loved B'lou's stories and shadow is the most friendly dog I have ever met... Very tolerable of the kids all over her.
We also booked a private sunset sailboat cruise through Advanced Sail... It was the highlight of our trip! Dolphins swam right up to the side of our boat... My kids loved laying on the trampoline/hammock watching the water underneath. It was a little pricey for the private cruise $270 plus tip... Totally worth every penny though.. And we did nothing else all week so we didn't mind the cost. They have a bigger boat you can pay per person that holds up to 30 people. I think that was around $40 per adult. I forget the kid price though....

The Kayaking tour we did was awesome! It was great and saw 2 dolphins. Sad we are going to miss HH next year

We were at HHI for the first time the first week of August. Had a great time, and can't wait to go back some time (if only it were closer).

Anyway, I brought some "paper work" back with me that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Thanks for posting this info.

Does anyone know how much the schedule changes for the fall? we'll be there soon--October 2-7.

I plan on spending the first week of March 2013 at Hilton Head, but can't find a 2013 Hilton Head roll call thread. Should I start a new thread or continue to hang out here? I sure like this thread!

okw2012 said:
I plan on spending the first week of March 2013 at Hilton Head, but can't find a 2013 Hilton Head roll call thread. Should I start a new thread or continue to hang out here? I sure like this thread!

Oh, we definitely need a 2013 roll call:) We'll be there for Spring Break/Easter, March 30-April 5, 2013!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

kristenrice said:
Oh, we definitely need a 2013 roll call:) We'll be there for Spring Break/Easter, March 30-April 5, 2013!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

2013 thread started!

Join me there (although I will certainly continue to follow this one as well)!

I am going to have to find the 2013 thread because that is when we plan to head to HHI in June 2013. I just don't want to forget about some of the tips posted on this thread.

I am going to have to find the 2013 thread because that is when we plan to head to HHI in June 2013. I just don't want to forget about some of the tips posted on this thread.

Makes perfect sense. I will also add a link to the 2012 thread in the 1st post of the 2013 thread.

So, I was talking to some of my friends the other day and my DH was sitting there as well. We were talking aobut getting time just for a couple to stay connected, etc. I mentioned that our 20th anniversary is coming up in oct and that we were going to get away just the two of us for at least a night. My DH finally chimes in and suggests going to HHI for a long weekend. I thought i would fall out of my chair. I have asked him earlier what he wanted to do and he just blew it off. SO, We are now booked for Nov 8 thru Nov 11th in a studio. We are going a little after our anniversary but My oldest is playing football and we don't want to miss any games and the playoffs, championship is right after our anniversary.

I so excited to have another trip coming up so soon. Had to do a cash ressie but with member discount and i don't care. i'm over the moon happy about it!!:cool1::beach:

Tinks "SS";46237240 said:
So, I was talking to some of my friends the other day and my DH was sitting there as well. We were talking aobut getting time just for a couple to stay connected, etc. I mentioned that our 20th anniversary is coming up in oct and that we were going to get away just the two of us for at least a night. My DH finally chimes in and suggests going to HHI for a long weekend. I thought i would fall out of my chair. I have asked him earlier what he wanted to do and he just blew it off. SO, We are now booked for Nov 8 thru Nov 11th in a studio. We are going a little after our anniversary but My oldest is playing football and we don't want to miss any games and the playoffs, championship is right after our anniversary.

I so excited to have another trip coming up so soon. Had to do a cash ressie but with member discount and i don't care. i'm over the moon happy about it!!:cool1::beach:

Make sure you mention the anniversary when you check in, then watch the resort channel on TV. Just suggesting.....;)

Tinks "SS";46237240 said:

How wonderful!! Have a great time and Happy Anniversary!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter