2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

So excited! We just booked for Fall Break (Oct 7-12) today! It will be my first time to HHI at all, and DS's first time to the beach/ocean (he's 4). For all 3 of us (us plus DH) it's our first time to the DVC resort! So...tell me...what do I definitely not want to miss??

We'll be heading down to Hilton Head for the first time Aug 25 -sep 2
Love this thread and all the restuarants and tips given. Driving in from chicago and wondering anyone that has driven from the chicago area. if there is anything to see /sighsee on the way to hilton head. or while we are at hilton head outside of the resort what are the must see places

We are heading down August 11th. I have a weekly activity listing for the week of July 15th. I don't know how to post it here but I can send it to you. I plan on calling the resort this week and asking for the activity listing for next week.

So excited! We just booked for Fall Break (Oct 7-12) today! It will be my first time to HHI at all, and DS's first time to the beach/ocean (he's 4). For all 3 of us (us plus DH) it's our first time to the DVC resort! So...tell me...what do I definitely not want to miss??

HHI is one of those resorts where you don't need to do a lot of preplanning. You should have wonderful weather in early October and you can spend your days between the resort pool and the beach pool.

I did manage to go to the beach house one morning right at 8am to see the sunrise (this was later October) and it was so wonderful to sit on the beach. I can't even express how peaceful it was. the beachhouse was not unlocked, but I found a way to sneak in through the garage.

There are pool parties for kids and there is story telling. I went on a girls trip so we went to Charleston one day and Savannah another day. Both of those cities were great fun.

I just booked our first trip to HHI! We'll be there in mid March.

Now I just need to change my trip ticker!

I just booked our first trip to HHI! We'll be there in mid March.

Now I just need to change my trip ticker!

I'm going mid March, too. Arriving on March 17th. :cheer2: Have you been there in March before. How's the weather?

Have you been there in March before. How's the weather?

Although I'm not the poster who's going in mid-March, we have been there twice. The first time the weather was in the low 70s and we thought it was perfect. Second year, though, it was rainy, cold, miserable weather. But we still loved it there.

Leaving in 3 days for our first trip to HHI!! I can't wait!! :)

Just got home this evening after7 days at HH it was combined with both points and cash. We were in building 22 and the view was awesome. Did some Kayaking this time which was fun. Just enjoyed being there.

Although I'm not the poster who's going in mid-March, we have been there twice. The first time the weather was in the low 70s and we thought it was perfect. Second year, though, it was rainy, cold, miserable weather. But we still loved it there.

We've gone basically the third week in March for the last several years. The weather can be all over the place, even during the same trip! But honestly, most days end up warm and sunny. Regardless, we've never regretted our decision to make that our spring break vacation site. And we've got reservations for the same time in 2013! :thumbsup2

We booked a 2 bd during Spring Break, March 29-April 5. We will be there over my ds's 13th birthday! My parents will be going, along with my husband, sons 10 and 13 and daughter, 8.

I am not sure what we plan on doing while there, so this thread has been great for getting ideas! I know the boys will want to golf and I would like to do some beach combing, looking for sand dollars and shells.

It sounds as if there is a lot to do for the kids right at the resort with all the activities. Can't wait!

Our trip (first HHI trip) is coming up in just 32 days, but who's counting?? :rotfl2:

I had read about the low country boil and the BBQ that they have at the resort. Do they still do that? Does anyone know what nights those are on? We are hoping just to go and relax for a week (this is DS's first trip to the beach), and I'd love to do those dinners at the resort!

Thanks for any info you can give me! :)

The pirate is on Tuesday evenings and the boil is on Thursdays at the beach house. You have until 2pm to make ressies. They has from what I saw hamburgers, hot dogs, onion rings. Desserts. T hey do pirate games and then open the slide at night plus play music too.

Thank you! :) Do you happen to remember how much they cost? I was just trying to pre-plan it, budgetwise.

Thank you again for the info!

We are at HHI right now! For Labor Day week they have switched it up a bit and the Pirate BBQ is tonight instead of Tuesday. It's $22.95 for adults and $10.95 for kids (+tax) for BBQ chicken and ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, corn, baked beans, cornbread, potato salad, cole slaw, watermelon and "all the trimmings"! We will be doing dinner on our own (I have two kids who are Disney adult aged but eat like the kids they are) but we are planning on attending the Pirate activities and pool party after.

The Low Country Boil is still on Thursday and is $24.95/$9.95 for boiled shrimp, smoked sausage, red potatoes, scalloped potatoes, spanish rice, gumbo, corn-on-the-cob, pork tenderloin, hushpuppies, salads and desserts. We are leaving Wednesday :sad2: so won't be here for it.

If you call the resort, they will e-mail you the Activity Sheet for the current week. It is mostly the same week to week so can help you with planning.

Thank you!! :). That info really helps my planning! Enjoy the rest of your HHI stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter